First signs of male balding help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First signs of male balding help!

I am starting to see the first signs of thinning and a bald spot on my husband. He's only 27, are there any vitamins or certain nutritional tips that would help slow this process? He has beautiful curly hair and I hate to see him lose it

Thanks

Has he eliminated all processed food?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Do you know if any of his family members experienced baldness at an early age? Specifically his mother's father...?

Comment

Not yet, we have been slowly transitioning to primal but we are on the road most weekends and have slip ups.

Comment

I'm not sure about his mother's father, I never knew him, I do know his dad has had thin hair for a long time but he keeps it buzzed so it's not as noticable.

Comment

If there were a legitimate answer to this "problem" someone would have made billions off of it. Aside from stress or certain diseases and medical treatments it is perfectly natural and 27 is about the time it starts to be noticeable. My advice, cut it short.
            Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Yeah if it's genetic, and most baldness is, then there's very little he can do, especially once the balding actually starts. My SO is 29 and his hair started thinning a couple of years ago, too. Protein and vitamin E helps prevent further hair loss but that bald spot isn't going to go away

Comment

As others have said, male pattern baldness is genetic. My hair started thinning when I was 20 and soon after than I began shaving my head. Luckily enough, I think I look better like this (and the ladies seem to agree). Do you think your hus could pull off the shaved head thing?
                "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

Comment

oddly enough it is said too much Testosterone contributes to MPB
                  Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                  Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                  Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Shave it! There is nothing more manly than a shaven head! Just look at the alternatives here, comb over...no, spray on hair....no, rogain....it can work but takes time and money would rather just shave the head, cutting the hair shorter as you get more bald.......you will end up shaving it anyways

If he needs tips on shaving the head I can help, been doing it for 12 years now and it comes out perfect every time!

Comment

I have male pattern baldness and I used to do Rogain. It did help. Then I decided wtf, I'm an old guy. Nothing wrong like looking like one.

Since adopting a Primal/Paleo lifestyle, including not shampooing every day, my hair has started coming back. At 68. At first, I thought it was wishful thinking but there is hair where there has not been any at all for ten years.

Shaving or buzzing is fine, but not if your wife loves to run her fingers through your beautiful curly hair. :-)
                      Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

I have mainly receding hairline, but not too bad yet. However, I also believe that not shampooing for the past year has helped it come back thicker and fuller than it was before. I suggest getting the diet right, and try not shampooing(only rinsing) the hair. However, as many have said, there is not a lot you can do about it naturally once it starts. Most guys I know that are worried about it use Rogaine or Propecia.

Comment

EXACTLY Hedonist! I LOVE his hair and don't want him to shave it. It's BEAUTIFUL. But I guess I'm probably a little biased haha. What about Grizz's silica theory? Does anyone think that's worth a try?

Comment

My hair is thinning. Had it shave down to a 3 buzz. You can see the patches of thin hair, but they aren't bald yet. I'm 25 and my father is bald. Mother side has their hair for a long time.
                            My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

Don't waste your money, trust me, if it is genetic it is just a matter of time.

Shaving is the best suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                              X