Protein shake brands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein shake brands

What brand of protein shake do you use for breakfast or after a work out? Milk or water?
    Just wondering what you guys reccomend. Thanks and talk to you all later.
    Started at 307 regular diet and exercise went to 285 and stalled. Went primal and went to 227! I always was a brutish caveman now I eat like one!
    Goal weight.....?

1 scoop of gold standard 100% whey protein and either almond milk or coconut milk, then some fresh or frozen berries. I also might put some almond butter or vanilla extract in there. I don't think I would buy a pre-made protein shake because making it myself is really fast

Comment

I'm currently shopping around for a new protein powder brand. I like the taste (Trader Joe's) but it has too much sugar.

I never use milk or just water. I use almond milk and frozen berries, just like secretlobster. I also add 2 TBS of coconut cream or coconut milk, or 1/4 avocado, or flax seed oil. The extra fat helps me stay sated longer. I frequently add ginger (for digestion) or loads of cinnamon (yummy, but also fights inflammation).
      My blog, The Overflowing Pantry

Primal-esque since Feb 2010
      100% Primal since May 2011 (again)

Comment

for a while now i have been using unflavored isopure. i add berries, cocoa powder, bananas, cinnamon, or whatever else i feel like flavoring it with. and i typically mix it with organic whole milk or coconut milk

Comment

I have been using Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard, milk, varying levels of whipping cream, and frozen berry medley. Once ɪ run out of strawberry protein and get vanilla, ɪ will be varying things up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Conner P. View Post
            I have been using Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard, milk, varying levels of whipping cream, and frozen berry medley. Once ɪ run out of strawberry protein and get vanilla, ɪ will be varying things up a bit.
            Can I suggest getting whatever new vanilla flavor they have? They supposedly improved it. The old one tastes like proper arse... I'm choking it down for the remainder of the (GIANT) container I bought

Comment

optimim nutrition is good in a pinch, but bear in mind that it contains artificial sweeteners

if that type of thing is important to you

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                optimim nutrition is good in a pinch, but bear in mind that it contains artificial sweeteners

if that type of thing is important to you
                From their website:

"No Artificial Flavors, Sweeteners, or Colors"

This is for the "natural 100% whey gold standard" product

Comment

I really like Jayrobb's vanilla whey protein, however I'm switching to Premier whey protein that I get through my mom (since she has a Naturopathy practice) since its a lot cheaper and it mixes better than anything else I've tried. Its also totally flavorless which is nice too. I love mixing protein powder into full fat yogurt to make it extra thick and satisfying!
                  http://anikaskitchen.blogspot.com/
                  My journal

Comment

I like the Jay Robb vanilla & chocolate egg proteins. I generally blend it with a banana, some water or milk, and ice, then pour it into my travel mug to take it to work with me.
                    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

I appreciate the info from you all. That being said what do you think of designer whey?

Chocolate
                      Calories 100 Sodium 80 mg
                      Total Fat 2 g Potassium 170 mg
                      Saturated 1 g Total Carbs 3 g
                      Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
                      Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 2 g
                      Trans 0 g Protein 18 g
                      Cholesterol 60 mg
                      Vitamin A 0% Calcium 20%
                      Vitamin C 0% Iron 0%
                      Started at 307 regular diet and exercise went to 285 and stalled. Went primal and went to 227! I always was a brutish caveman now I eat like one!
                      Goal weight.....?

Comment

Originally posted by secretlobster View Post
                        From their website:

"No Artificial Flavors, Sweeteners, or Colors"

This is for the "natural 100% whey gold standard" product
                        yup. the "natural" one doesn't use artificial sweeteners. although if i remember correctly, some of the natural ones use stevia and some use fructose to sweeten them, depending on the flavor.

Comment

I think that designer whey contains sucralose. It also says that it contains soy ingredients when I looked it up the ingredients on iherb. I use Natural factors double chocolate. It's sweetened with stevia. It does say that it may contain traces of soy, but I'm ok with that. I don't mind the taste if I blend it with frozen strawberries and ice. I may check into some of these other ones mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                            yup. the "natural" one doesn't use artificial sweeteners. although if i remember correctly, some of the natural ones use stevia and some use fructose to sweeten them, depending on the flavor.
                            Yeah some of the others do have "artificial flavors". I'd rather have a whey protein that doesn't contain any flavor at all. Really, I'm not consuming it because it tastes good. The more like "nothing" it tastes, the better!!

Comment

Originally posted by secretlobster View Post
                              Yeah some of the others do have "artificial flavors". I'd rather have a whey protein that doesn't contain any flavor at all. Really, I'm not consuming it because it tastes good. The more like "nothing" it tastes, the better!!
                              check out the unflavored isopure. then you can flavor it however you like.

Nature's Best

Comment

Working...
                              X