Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which type of olive oils to use for cooking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which type of olive oils to use for cooking?

I've finish reading this blog post of Mark's regarding olive oils:Is All Olive Oil Created Equal? | Mark's Daily Apple

I think it basically says that extra virgin olive oils are the best and the others 'not-so-good'? And it also mentions that extra virgin olive oils should not be used for cooking. But the articles didn't mention which type of olive oils to go for when used to cook.

So what if i want to buy a olive oil used for cooking? (Mainly Roasting) Which kind of olive oils should i get?

Thanks alot in advance.

I usually use regular olive oil to cook, extra virgin olive oil is good for the sauces but not for frying on it.

live tv
    watch tv online

Comment

When cooking, try to go for Coconut Oil. EVOO is usually for salad dressing, and extra flavor on veggies.

Comment

Originally posted by croí View Post
        When cooking, try to go for Coconut Oil. EVOO is usually for salad dressing, and extra flavor on veggies.
        Agreed. Heat does bad things to olive oil. Use it unheated for its flavor and MUFAs.
        Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

Working...
        X