Fish oil, Tunafish in a can. Water or oil, Is that oil fish oil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish oil, Tunafish in a can. Water or oil, Is that oil fish oil

Since i need 15 grams of omega 3 and i'm told taking it will help me burn fat i want to include it.
    I have a can here i wasn't using and its still good so i'll start.

I'm recommend 15 capsules per day. Thats a lot. SO i wanted to know since i'm eating tuna fish is the oil they back that in good oil or terrible oil. If its fish oil im sure that has more omega 3 then the stuff packed in water cause it isn't getting diluted. So whats up

Tuna, In water or oil?

I'd like to find small caps, those lil bead size ones. I'd like alink to a smaller product i'm using NOW foods super EPA but i'll switch i think to a less costly NOW foods omega 3.

check the ingredients, it most likely is cheap vegetable oil (soybean oil). Unless the ingredients say extra virgin olive oil I wouldn't buy it.

Comment

What lizzychan said.
      Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

ok, I have to go to the store for acv with that mother in it, i'll probably get fish oil there. I"m scared to get the liquid

Comment

woah, that's a lot of fish oil! i would personally be concerned about taking that much.

check the ingredients. also, tuna fish "in water" is usually in "broth." yuck.
          my primal journal:
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

15 grams a day, i dont know i'm going by mike dolce recommendations and i trust him. He is a professional and leads top fighters into amazing shape.
            I"m not just trying to be healthy i'm trying to push my self to 13 workouts a week most of which are combat

Comment

How many capsules is that?

I have been doing 6 a day since 2007, per my dr. Blood tests and weight are good.

I doubt the oil in a can of tuna is much help.

Comment

Originally posted by Styleten View Post
                I"m not just trying to be healthy i'm trying to push my self to 13 workouts a week most of which are combat
                Huh???

Comment

I'm ignoring you denbro

DFH is 15 a day, 5 at every meal.

Comment

This just isn't primal. Excessive stress from workouts and excessive toxins from PUFAs
                    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

The tuna is probably packed in vegetable oil. It should say on the can.

15 grams of fish oil is a bit arbitrary. Because in relation to EPA and DHA the 1000 mg (1 gram) notation for each tablet is not yielding much in the way of either. Check the back label and add DHA to EPA and see how much of that 1000 mgs is good stuff and how much is just oil. Some *fish* oil capsules even bulk up with vegetable oil because many people have no idea that that 1000 mg number on the font of the bottle is all but meaningless.

15 tablets of CVS brand fish oil tablets is not going to net you the same EPA/DHA punch as say Nordic Naturals or Bluebonnet.

Comment

Originally posted by Styleten View Post
                        I'm ignoring you denbro

DFH is 15 a day, 5 at every meal.
                        That does seem like a lot. I never heard of that many. Do two, what can happen?

Comment

epa 720, dha 480 in a 2 cap serving

Comment

So 600 mg of combined DHA/EPA per capsule. At 15 tablets a day that's 9 grams. Which shouldn't hurt you. Typical recommended therapeutic dose is between 4-6 grams (maintenance dose about half that).

Just as a point of reference.

YMMV.

Comment

its 1200 combined. so i can take 8-10, no 15. ty

Comment

Working...
                              X