Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kkcarlton View Post
    Thank you, that makes me feel better about ordering from them. I am supposed to take it in 3 weeks.....is that long enough for it to get here?
    It usually arrives in about 10 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huck View Post
      Got mine back last week - 4.2:1

Had no idea what to expect, so I guess this is a good starting point.

My Omega-3 Index is 7.4% where <4% is undesirable and >8% is optimal. I'm increasing my Now Super EPA from 2 to 3 capsules and I think that will be enough to get me into the optimal range.
      I am guessing that money is in DHA not EPA

==================================================

I use

Essential & Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis (EMFA) by Genova Diagnostics

it is rather detailed test.

I use also
      SpectraCell’s The HS-Omega-3® Index

SpectraCell Laboratories | HS-Omega-3 Index

last test came out HS-Omega-3® Index=8.8% (over 8 is desirable, says the report)

(Can't wait for dr K, he will say not 8 but 15 is desirable)(that I can't manage)

I eat supermarket food. Plain, non-organic.

also

2/day Now Foods, DHA-500, 500 DHA / 250 EPA, 180 Softgels
      2/day Now Foods Krill Oil 500mg
      2/day NOW® Super Primrose Oil 1300mg 120 sgels (GLA)
      4+4/day Country Life Betaine Hydrochloride with Pepsin -- 600 mg - 250 Tablets

Note, the DHA-500 (contains extra helping of DHA)

there was a time I was low on AA, adding
      1/day Molecular Nutrition X Factor, 100 Softgels (AA, arachidonic acid)

////////////////////////////////
      Last edited by JanSz; 01-16-2012, 09:29 AM.
      Leptin For Dummies http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

Comment

• I'm wondering about the omega 3 % test b/c I don't know if they're taking into account the fact that we need lots of sat fats, or if that would even change what's desirable. I know the company that did my test sent back a lot of material by Gene Smart pushing low O6, but also low sat fat.

down 2.5lb this week! It's almost all bloating, but some fat, too. SO glad - I have a waist this morning! Feeling sleepy (mornings still bite) but great and optimistic! Staying off the dairy, wheat, & nightshades 100% of the time now...

My skin is super, super smooth, but also ... I lost all the hair on my upper legs again. It had gone about a month after I went primal (almost two years ago) and came back a few weeks after starting the LR in June. What happened?
        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
          I'm wondering about the omega 3 % test b/c I don't know if they're taking into account the fact that we need lots of sat fats, or if that would even change what's desirable. I know the company that did my test sent back a lot of material by Gene Smart pushing low O6, but also low sat fat.

down 2.5lb this week! It's almost all bloating, but some fat, too. SO glad - I have a waist this morning! Feeling sleepy (mornings still bite) but great and optimistic! Staying off the dairy, wheat, & nightshades 100% of the time now...

My skin is super, super smooth, but also ... I lost all the hair on my upper legs again. It had gone about a month after I went primal (almost two years ago) and came back a few weeks after starting the LR in June. What happened?
          Feeling sleepy (mornings still bite)

Look at sun, as soon as you get of bed, the longer the better.
          No glasses.
          1-2 fingers below middle of the sun, or just cover sun with two fingers and look straight at it.

/////////
          Last edited by JanSz; 01-16-2012, 09:35 AM.
          Leptin For Dummies http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

Comment

• O6/O3 test

Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
            Just got my O6:3 test back. 5.3:1. I'm pleasantly surprised, b/c I'm coming from a background of eating nearly exclusively O6 (when I ate fat at all) for well over a decade, and have been working on limiting O6 for five years. I think that continuing this WOE will take care of this all by itself. I'll keep up the fCLO, eating almost no nuts or olives, and eliminating all other O6's and test again in 6 months.

Anyone know whether the O3 % test that also came with it is useful?

Leaving for my mega labs in just a few minutes!!!
            Did your doc run this test or did you order it? I found this online and am wondering if it is likely to be accurate or if I would have to dig up over 200 to do it through Genova?
            Omega 3 Home Blood Testing: Omega 6 to Omega 3 Ratio Test | Gene Smart
            And of course, with the birth of the artist came the inevitable afterbirth - the critic - Mel Brooks

My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by smgj View Post
              I've PM'd you.

I will watch and read.

Personally I'm tempted to try the iodine. Since I have so high antibody readings (and probably inherited a weak thyroid since my mother had it as well) I think the rest of my thyroid is doomed anyway unless I can reduce the antibodies quick. And nothing has succeeded so far.

(Have tried: High dose selenium - still using, gluten free (still), gut treatment, about half a year dairy free) The one thing I haven't tried yet is LDN. My doc is unfamiliar with this treatment and is unwilling to prescribe.

Here is another one of Dr Brownsteins speeches on iodine/thyroiditis: &#78;&#117;&#116;&#114;&#105;&#45;&#76;&#105;&#110 ;&#107; &#80;&#97;&#114;&#116; &#52;
              LDN would help huge in my opinion.....but so would ice baths daily. And no dont ask why......i am not ready to say

Comment

• Originally posted by Isabell View Post
                Did your doc run this test or did you order it? I found this online and am wondering if it is likely to be accurate or if I would have to dig up over 200 to do it through Genova?
                I am on the mailing list of Slanker's Grass Fed Meats Slanker's Grass-Fed Meats -- Meats you must eat for optimal health I received this email from Slankers offering a O6/o3 test. $99
                I did mine through this company after supplementing with 4 tablespoons of the Pet food salmon oil. 2.1 to 1

Here is a portion of the email:
                To get your blood lipid test contact Lipid Technologies, LLC, P.O. Box 216, Austin, MN 55912 or send an email to info@lipidlab.com. For a limited time you can get the omega 3 test for only $99 by entering "Slanker" in the offer code. This is over half off their normal price of $200! Doug Bibus has generously contributed his time, research, meat studies, research reports, and answers to my innumerable questions over the past two years. His input has influenced my letters. So let him know where you heard about his test. That way at least he'll know his many hours of advice and counsel in helping me better understand a highly complicated science was worth it.

Check and see if the special is still available. Ask for the Slanker's $99 special
                507.438.7472 doug@lipidlab.com

Slankers website is packed with lots of good info also. Slanker's Grass-Fed Meats -- Meats you must eat for optimal health

Comment

• Originally posted by JanSz View Post

Look at sun, as soon as you get of bed, the longer the better.
                  No glasses.
                  1-2 fingers below middle of the sun, or just cover sun with two fingers and look straight at it.
                  Yes, I did this every day for three weeks with no improvement, and then was in a hotel with no balcony and a hill right outside the window last week. But I'm at home now and intend to get ack to it immediately, despite it not helping yet.

Originally posted by Isabell View Post
                  That's the same one I got, and I think I did order it through Genova. I have High Deductible insurance, so I hardly ever run anything through my doc (since we never get anywhere near the deductible), unless it somehow affects the cost, which is rare.
                  5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                  Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                  Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                  Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                  ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by Dextery View Post
                    The bitters I think act like the black pepper in conjunction with the tumeric. A year ago you could not buy Angostora Bitters due to a World Wide Shortage. I have not checked recently. I am pretty sure they don't have to be Swedish.

Other things that rebuild a broken gut flora is Jicama, burdock root, artichokes, jeruselam artichokes, and chickory. All are are in the oligarsacharide (sp) family and are very fiberous. They break down in the gut and ferment to produce more good gut flora. Be careful when using the burdock root in that one will be very windy, gassy within 24 hours. I understand burdock root grows wild in the East. I have only seen it once fresh in Arizona and it was $6 a pound. I get dried burdock root from Monterey Bay Spice Company Herbs, Bulk Spices and Herbal Teas - Monterey Bay Spice Company same for the chickory root.

The burdock root comes dried and I hydrate it before adding it to my Greek Yogurt along with the other spices.
                    These 5 items I gleaned from Dr Art Ayers, Phd. postings Cooling Inflammation
                    i eat a lot of artichokes in my broths......but thr rest of thos Dex I wait until the light cycles lengthen before I do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JanSz View Post
                      I am guessing that money is in DHA not EPA

==================================================

I use

it is rather detailed test.

I use also
                      SpectraCell’s The HS-Omega-3® Index

SpectraCell Laboratories | HS-Omega-3 Index

last test came out HS-Omega-3® Index=8.8% (over 8 is desirable, says the report)

(Can't wait for dr K, he will say not 8 but 15 is desirable)(that I can't manage)

I eat supermarket food. Plain, non-organic.

also

2/day Now Foods, DHA-500, 500 DHA / 250 EPA, 180 Softgels
                      2/day Now Foods Krill Oil 500mg
                      2/day NOW® Super Primrose Oil 1300mg 120 sgels (GLA)
                      4+4/day Country Life Betaine Hydrochloride with Pepsin -- 600 mg - 250 Tablets

Note, the DHA-500 (contains extra helping of DHA)

there was a time I was low on AA, adding
                      1/day Molecular Nutrition X Factor, 100 Softgels (AA, arachidonic acid)

////////////////////////////////
                      I would tell you to use 500mgs of Krill oil three times a day than adding any more fish oil. The closer you get to the 4 to 1 ration the more you shold reduce your FO and increase krill relatively in my opinion to get you into the gold range.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owl View Post
                        I've got to buy some new fish oil. Does anyone have a recommendation on price/purity/strength/no awful burping?
                        Vitacost Mega EFA® Omega-3 EPA & DHA Fish Oil -- 2,126 mg per serving - 120 Softgels - Vitacost never a burp
                        Recently added https://www.puritan.com/web-exclusiv...il-061023?np=1 and the added vitamin A I believe REALLY helps my various issues.
                        Lost 54 lb with HCG from October 31, 2010. Started Paleo (no dairy) April 22, 2011 to maintain my weight loss with HCG. Started losing weight SLOWLY (7 lb) with Paleo June 1. Last week of June I added dairy and stopped losing but maintained. Been on Dr. K's Leptin reset since July 9. Have lost 24 more pounds (as of 10/14), but more importantly, I'm feeling terrific! Currently supporting friends working toward optimal health at http://optimalhealthcave.forumotion.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldschool View Post
                          After decades of pain and imbalances brought on by poor food choices, exposure to chemicals, epigenetic downloads, and spiraling depression because I DID NOT HAVE a "thread" like this one to help show me a way out.

I would rather NOT be here reading and studying bio-chemistry, but PAIN has me doing otherwise. I'm so THANKFUL to have 1,401 posts to learn from!!!

Martin
                          +1,000
                          Lost 54 lb with HCG from October 31, 2010. Started Paleo (no dairy) April 22, 2011 to maintain my weight loss with HCG. Started losing weight SLOWLY (7 lb) with Paleo June 1. Last week of June I added dairy and stopped losing but maintained. Been on Dr. K's Leptin reset since July 9. Have lost 24 more pounds (as of 10/14), but more importantly, I'm feeling terrific! Currently supporting friends working toward optimal health at http://optimalhealthcave.forumotion.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
                            LDN would help huge in my opinion.....but so would ice baths daily. And no dont ask why......i am not ready to say
                            What is LDN?
                            And of course, with the birth of the artist came the inevitable afterbirth - the critic - Mel Brooks

My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Isabell View Post
                              What is LDN?
                              Low Dose Naltrexone. If you google it you will get tons of information...better than I can explain it. I take 4.5 mg at night and it has helped me tremendously.
                              Started Atkins:: 1996
                              Started Paleo: 2003
                              Illness Started: 2008
                              Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
                              Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
                              Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
                              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

Comment

• Originally posted by smgj View Post
                                To avoid burping always take it before a meal. And better to split a dose than to take a large, single one.
                                My doctor also told me to keep it in the freezer and it won't cause burping. That did work, but I kept forgetting to take it... so ... I found a better brand instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X