Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I have finally lost the emotional cravings too. The physical cravings went away almost immediately, but like others, those emotional (or really habit) cravings lingered. They are all but gone. There are times that I'd like to eat, but it's easy not to and not feel deprived. Sleep continues to be good, but it always has been, and like others my sleep is deeper/harder and full of vivid dreams. I also wake suddenly in the morning now, like a switch goes off. Once it does, there is no going back to sleep. I have lost 2 pounds now, but I still feel bloated and like I'm carrying more around the middle. Strange as the scale doesn't usually move, but my composition does.

    Went to a new internist yesterday and she was very receptive to the things I'm doing. She gave me no trouble when I asked for certain blood tests and I go in a few weeks to get those done. So, progress all around.

    Comment


    • yes, this is first time I've done emotional/festive eating in a month or so. But I also see another problem. If I am going to stay up till 11, I can't eat at 5 and not expect problems.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Paleobirdy View Post
        yes, this is first time I've done emotional/festive eating in a month or so. But I also see another problem. If I am going to stay up till 11, I can't eat at 5 and not expect problems.
        I haven't had any issues with doing that at all throughout the reset. We'll see how things go this weekend with having a party and then my family reunion on the 7th of August.
        Georgette

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Paleobirdy View Post
          yes, this is first time I've done emotional/festive eating in a month or so. But I also see another problem. If I am going to stay up till 11, I can't eat at 5 and not expect problems.
          I do find that the cravings are much worse when that happens to me. I really want to snack around 11:30, especially like you said if I've eaten around 6 or so. I have not indulged yet, but can easily see how it happened. Ice water has been a big help, I'm drinking a ton!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by natural_girl View Post
            Hopefully that will all be done by my next cycle since I have heard it can take about 3 cycles to get it all worked out. I am peri-menopausal.
            I am on BHRT and I just want to say that it would be unusual for you to get it all worked out in only three months. Hormones are ever shifting and changing, and I have been doing this for a few years now, and it is never quite right. There are always changes that have to be made.

            I don't say this to discourage you - I think you are doing the right thing! I just don't want you to have a false expectation that you will see quick results.

            When I first started with Dr. Paul Savage (from Suzanne Somers' book Ageless), he told me that I would lose my excess weight (35 pounds of fat) in around six months. That was years ago, and I have seen no real weight loss as a result of being on progesterone, thyroid and testosterone.

            It's just really very complicated, and there is no consensus among the anti-aging docs on the right dose, frequency, etc.

            I suggest that you read as much as you can on the subject and be prepared, in case it takes a while to find what works and what doesn't.
            Rebecca

            Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

            Click the banner below to visit my blog:

            sigpic

            Feb 2009 - 158 pounds - 43.6% body fat
            Aug 2013 - 138 pounds - 34.3% body fat
            So far, lost 19.8 pounds of body fat and gained 1.8 pounds of lean mass
            Goal - 136 pounds - 30% body fat
            Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass

            Comment


            • Originally posted by geostump View Post
              I haven't had any issues with doing that at all throughout the reset. We'll see how things go this weekend with having a party and then my family reunion on the 7th of August.
              I don't usually eat alot of dinner. Eating more would have probably helped.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Paleobirdy View Post
                I don't usually eat alot of dinner. Eating more would have probably helped.
                My lunch and dinner have gotten lighter as well.
                Georgette

                Comment


                • I am starting at the end of the thread and will go back to read the whole thing tonight. Any ideas why I would be so nauseated when I tried eating a big protein meal. Only got in 35g and was ill all day. Any hints?

                  Comment


                  • what were you eating?
                    Primal Chaos
                    37yo 6'5"
                    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
                    current 338lbs 49" waist
                    goal 240lbs 35" waist

                    Comment


                    • Some people reported that when going from low protein to med (25gm) protein breakfasts on Radiant Recovery. I think you just push through it. But that's just the random advice from a totally non-doctor and worth what you paid for it.
                      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

                      Comment


                      • ehhh i've been sick lately.. trying to force my protein breakfast down yesterday was fun. managed 30g protein at least. Its weird, my tummy wants food but my sore throat/swollen glands don't want anymore! at least loosing some appetite is helping with no snacking lol.
                        tonight going out for Italian, will be like 7 hours after my usual lunch time, hope I'm not starving by then. Plan to skip pasta obviously and stick to meat/seafood and a salad.
                        My primal journal
                        25yo female, height 5'7"
                        goal weight: 60kg / 155lb
                        goal fat%: 20%

                        current weight: 70kg / 154lb

                        “The fact that a great many people believe something is no guarantee of its truth.”
                        ― W. Somerset Maugham

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DFH View Post
                          Natural_girl-
                          I think until the rT3 is back to normal, exercise makes you tired. I had the same thing going on. Its good that you are looking at adrenals as well as thyroid. Since Dr K uses high rT3 as a check for leptin resistance, the reset should do you some good.

                          Sleep is very important too, just as critical as meal timing and hormones.
                          At this point I am willing to give anything a try! I have a Dr. (MD) that treats more naturally but I tell him I want certain tests he says it's a waste of money or dismisses it. I really think he likes to hear his self talk lol Also he put me on a high dose of iodine and I had a bad reaction to it. Now he wants to put me on Armour and I think I should be on Cytomel.

                          I may have to go Dr. shopping yet again....most of them get really ticked when you as a patient know so much.

                          I have been following Dr. Wilson's adrenal protocol cause this Dr. doesn't and didn't plan on doing anything to treat them. The adrenals are an ongoing issue for me. I just wish I could get this all figured out. I really want to be healthy and lose this excess weight and get on with living. I feel like trying to figure this out is just causing me more stress. Hopefully this will be what I need.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by RSL View Post
                            I am on BHRT and I just want to say that it would be unusual for you to get it all worked out in only three months. Hormones are ever shifting and changing, and I have been doing this for a few years now, and it is never quite right. There are always changes that have to be made.

                            I don't say this to discourage you - I think you are doing the right thing! I just don't want you to have a false expectation that you will see quick results.

                            When I first started with Dr. Paul Savage (from Suzanne Somers' book Ageless), he told me that I would lose my excess weight (35 pounds of fat) in around six months. That was years ago, and I have seen no real weight loss as a result of being on progesterone, thyroid and testosterone.

                            It's just really very complicated, and there is no consensus among the anti-aging docs on the right dose, frequency, etc.

                            I suggest that you read as much as you can on the subject and be prepared, in case it takes a while to find what works and what doesn't.
                            Rebecca,

                            Thanks for your advice. Yes, I guess I should have made myself clearer. The Dr. told me and from what I have read in Dr. Lee's book and a few other books I have is that the bloating and other PMS symptoms can be worse for the first 3 months until the estrogen settles down again. I forgot exactly how they worded and I am to lazy to look right now.

                            The lady at the pharmacy said she did think it would help me lose weight once I got my hormones regulated and while I admit that got me excited at first at this point after a one year plateau and trying everything under the sun and devoting a part time job to research I have realized it will probably just not be that easy. I do however want to give it a go as my PMS mood swings lately are terrible. Both my mom and grandma went through this for about 10 years. I am only 39 but they were both 49-50 when they went through menopause. I remember thinking my mom was going crazy! lol I had hoped that I would avoid some it since I have eaten so clean for so long but doesn't look like it.

                            Comment


                            • im not a fan of Dr Lee.......we got into it at an Age management meeting recently in Miami. We do not see things the same. He sees the world thru insulin glasses and I dont and will never.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
                                im not a fan of Dr Lee.......we got into it at an Age management meeting recently in Miami. We do not see things the same. He sees the world thru insulin glasses and I dont and will never.
                                Forgive me for not being clearer but I was referring to Dr. John Lee who wrote the book "What Your Dr. May Not Tell You About Premenopause" he died in 2003.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X