Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wanderir View Post
    How about a body pod? They are just as reliable as a dexascan and only cost $50. I'm getting one as a reward for hitting my goal weight. (currently .6 pounds away)
    last bod pod i had was 300$ 4 years ago maybe i shroud cal and find out
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by smgj View Post
      It is two schools of thought about iodine and hashimoto's. If you read Dr. Brownsteins book/theories about iodine he treats some hashimoto's patients with LOTS of iodine. But he makes sure they are deficient first, and that they load up on selenium first and starts slow with iodine.
      Take a look at this one: Nutri-Link Part 4
      I don't know what to believe. As usual.
      I thought Dr Kruse covered this, and the reason some don't do well with iodine is because they are deficient in selenium. So the answer would be to test iodine and selenium. If deficient supplement with selenium (or Brazil nut) for one month before beginning iodine. I'm getting these tested soon myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by nuttmegs17 View Post
        I hope that is the way it will work for me...6 weeks then WHOOSH! What was your treatment for cortisol? The LR? Or did you supplement withh HC or Prednisone? or some other way
        I treated my adrenal/cortisol issues w/ Maca, L-theanine, Rohiodila, B complex, high potency vitamin C, and apex energetics adaptocrine. - I also focused on the meal timing and stopped all exercise. when I started working on my adrenals/cortisol - I had most of the LS symptoms... so by just focusing on what needed to be fixed...I began to make progresss
        The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
        What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
        SW 190lb
        Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
        25 Sep 2011 160lbs
        1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
        GW ~135lbs
        5'3"
        Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Shijin13 View Post
          Thanks...but he hasn't been on antibiotics since July & we didn't have a break out then. this came completely out of no where - which is why I'm a bit flummoxed I'm eating keto right now...so no diary (w/the exception of Dex's leaky gut yogurt - which I obviously need), and no fruit (the last time I had fruit was over a week &1/2 ago and it was 1 slice of apple) and no sugar. diflucan is the only thing that will clear it up for me... other wise I'll be miserable... trust me on this one... when I get thrush - the average time it takes for me to clear it is 4mths. ... though after having my initial dosing of diflucan + the gse Its starting to recede.... It seems both DS and I are carriers - b/c he has no symptoms and the only symptoms I have is the thrush on the nips. ugh? what's crazy is even though I tend towards breakouts I've never had any other type of yeast problems... so its 100% the nursing relationship...
          Bless your heart, Shijin13! In this case, then do the Diflucan if that is what works and increase the probiotics.
          Best wishes!!

Comment

• Ok TMI time...

alright I've given you fair warning. So ladies - who've been on the rest for a while - have any of you noticed your CM changing in consistency (for those that track it). prior to going primal my CM was always sticky...since going primal - its definitely change, even more so over the past couple of cycles. I'm definitely seeing a pattern though its mostly watery/egg white consistency with the exception around ovulation when there's *MORE* and obviously the sex drive really RAMPS up as this begins to happen...

Dr K. - is this change a result of my hormones attempting to realign themselves? did your wife notice this at all when she did her Reset?

Now back to your regularly scheduled program

SW 190lb
            25 Sep 2011 160lbs
            1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
            GW ~135lbs
            5'3"
            Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

Comment

• Whether it would change would depend on where you started. Ideally, it would be not present at all most of the month, then beginning a little less than a week before O, would increase in amount, stretchiness, slipperiness, and transparency, till it become copious, clear, stretchy, & slippery at O, then almost immediately disappear. I can definitely imagine a change toward the better happening with the reset; that makes total sense as the hormones realign themselves for the better.
              5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
              Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
              Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
              Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
              ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                Whether it would change would depend on where you started. Ideally, it would be not present at all most of the month, then beginning a little less than a week before O, would increase in amount, stretchiness, slipperiness, and transparency, till it become copious, clear, stretchy, & slippery at O, then almost immediately disappear. I can definitely imagine a change toward the better happening with the reset; that makes total sense as the hormones realign themselves for the better.
                Yes there's less after TOTM, but it quickly increases to the point of copious and stays there for several days and I no longer have any of the sticky CM. but it doesn't disappear like it did in the past... the pattern is definitely new...and doesn't necessarily follow the TCOYF/FAM teachings... Its interesting how much my body is responding in a positive manner to everything from the reset! Heck even though I only got 2&1/2 hrs of sleep last night b/c the boy decided the middle of the night was play time... I'm still going like gang busters... and no caffeine either!

SW 190lb
                25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                GW ~135lbs
                5'3"

Comment

• Hey guys. I've officially started a Leptin Reset.

Any advice that might make my life a little easier?

Background: Living with dw/mil/ and a 1 year old that lives on her own schedule XD.
                  Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                  Follow me on google+
                  Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                  "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Quelsen,
                    In a word, anthocyanins. Discounting that the pie crust is a red herring and can be eliminated.
                    Anthocyanin Pigments and Polyphenolics
                    There is a school of thought grounded in CW, which nevertheless makes sense, is we should eat a rainbow of food colors.

If you pie craving is for those pale tasteless cherries, flambé away

Comment

• Work on laboratory cancer models has shown that black raspberry anthocyanins inhibit promotion and progression of tumor cells by

stalling growth of pre-malignant cells
                      accelerating the rate of cell turnover, called apoptosis, effectively making the cancer cells die faster
                      reducing inflammatory mediators that initiate tumor onset
                      inhibiting growth of new blood vessels that nourish tumors, a process called angiogenesis
                      minimizing cancer-induced DNA damage.
                      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
                        Hey guys. I've officially started a Leptin Reset.

Any advice that might make my life a little easier?

Background: Living with dw/mil/ and a 1 year old that lives on her own schedule XD.
                        Well you have been here on MDA for awhile, so you prolly understand what foods to use... the only difference for you will prolly be getting up and getting your BAB within 30 minutes of waking, and making sure you get enough protein early. I get about 75grams each morning.

If you have not read Grizz' post... check it out, it is really good: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

OH.. here is something else said back in the #96XX thread number:

Originally posted by vegas View Post
                        ... This isn't rocket science; try the LR without obsessing with details. Just keep to the major rules (big breakfast with > 50g protein, primal diet, low carbs, no snacks, breakfast ideally within 30 min of waking, very little exercise, good sleep, 2-3 meals per day). If after a month you aren't seeing improvements, then keep reading his blog in further detail and do some tweaking such as adding CO.
                        Last edited by smarkley; 01-04-2012, 01:52 PM.
                        started weight loss journey 6/1/10 -182 lbs total loss
                        Leptin Reset/Primal (started 9/3/11 wt 226 ) -- week 14 -10 lbs loss thus far

Avocados are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                          Work on laboratory cancer models has shown that black raspberry anthocyanins inhibit promotion and progression of tumor cells by

stalling growth of pre-malignant cells
                          accelerating the rate of cell turnover, called apoptosis, effectively making the cancer cells die faster
                          reducing inflammatory mediators that initiate tumor onset
                          inhibiting growth of new blood vessels that nourish tumors, a process called angiogenesis
                          minimizing cancer-induced DNA damage.
                          I read that research when my husband was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma. In that particular cancer, a transcription error causes a disruption of the gene responsible for apoptosis. So part of treatment is a molecular destruction of all the cells with that defect.

Amazing what substances in foods can do.

- L.

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                            OK so riddle me this... When it happens to me i deal , but i have seen this with more than just me... while on high fat or Ketogenic diets some of us are hitting craving for sugar after 2-3 months... what is this about any conjecture? Mine has been prety bad for 4-6 weeks. I dont give in but i feel i need to eat stuff that i now call bad non food.

things i have been craving
                            Pizza - Chicago style
                            Cherry Pie
                            Fruit of all kinds.
                            How are you doing with your Mg? Could be carb craving due to serotonin shortage.... serotonin needs Mg (and B vitamins).
                            Maybe cravings could be due to blood sugar normalizing in obese people losing weight... Maybe body is used to a higher level and when it drops due to lifestyle change and weight drop the body starts in with some carb cravings because of the drop.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiverNeighbor View Post
                              How are you doing with your Mg? Could be carb craving due to serotonin shortage.... serotonin needs Mg (and B vitamins).
                              Maybe cravings could be due to blood sugar normalizing in obese people losing weight... Maybe body is used to a higher level and when it drops due to lifestyle change and weight drop the body starts in with some carb cravings because of the drop.
                              My doc thought it might be from toxins. Since toxins are stored in our fat, as we lose fat, more and more toxins get flushed into the blood stream. This time around, I soak in a hot epson salt bath 3 times a week and take NAC and other detox supplements to help out the liver. I should know within the next 6 weeks if this combined with the leptin reset made any difference.
                              63 yo male
                              Started reset Nov, 2011
                              SW: 291
                              CW: 230

Comment

• Quelson;668735]OK so riddle me this... When it happens to me i deal , but i have seen this with more than just me... while on high fat or Ketogenic diets some of us are hitting craving for sugar after 2-3 months... what is this about any conjecture? Mine has been prety bad for 4-6 weeks. I dont give in but i feel i need to eat stuff that i now call bad non food.

things i have been craving
                                Pizza - Chicago style
                                Cherry Pie
                                Fruit of all kinds.
                                Carbohydrate Craving Syndrome: Symptoms and Tips for Carb Addicts | Suite101.com There is a reference here to the lack of chromium as related to carb cravings.
                                WHFoods: chromium Foods and supplements containing chromium.

And this old article in the NY Times talks about Tryptophan as being a precursor to the manufacture of seratonin. Jane Brody has always had a bias against Atkins and High Fat Low Carb diets and this article was written back before the diet pill FenFen was banned by the FDA in the mid 1990s due to heart problems with the product. But the info on tryptophan is still relevant.

L Tryptophan is available OTC at numberous sites.

Wonder if a chromium supp plus some L Tryptophan supp might ease your cravings?
                                Last edited by Dextery; 01-04-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X