X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by primal gal View Post
    Okay, thanks.

I just realized my teenager = cortisol.

How can I lower cortisol? Are there supplements I can take? Unfortunately, I can't get rid of him!
    Good luck with that! I posted looking for the same advice and was told to let my teen make her own choices/mistakes (like that's a great idea in today's world). It does get easier as the reset goes on though as it has altered many of my triggers for cortisol. Also, stay mindful about the situation. I tend to remove the distraction (usuaslly an electronic device) when problems occur and am very clear about expectations. Then the choice is theirs and they can predict the outcome. It doesn't always work, but it does allow me to let the cards fall where they will. I also limit caffiene after noon and go to bed (or just lay there to relax/meditate) earlier in the evening to limit stimulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
      Jansz, you're such a gem! And so generous with your time. I said I"m pale; you said I'm deficient in alpha-MSH. Is that still true if I've begun to tan in recent years (but still pale in the winter), or true of my children if they've always been pale in the winter but very tan inthe summer (never burn)?
      Do you give yourself the injections? I'd have to be really, really convinced there was a far-reaching problem before I gave myself injections of anything! Any tests to verify a deficiency clinically?
      It seems that there is no problem with MT2.
      But you have to dilute the MT2 powder in Bacteriostatic Water (BW).
      BW contains 0.9% benzyl alcohol added as preservative.

Some people are sensitive/allergic to benzyl alcohol.

Therefore dr Hertghe suggests to use very small first injection (one unit=0.01ml=0.1 mg)
      page 83
      of The Hormone Handbook 2nd ed by Tierry Hertoghe.

If above does not give you problems, you are ready to go.

If you have a problem, contact compounding pharmacy.
      They will come with different diluetant, but you will always loose on shelf life of mixture.
      Ask them about shelf life.
      -------------------
      I did used MT2 injections over the summer.

Often you can buy MT2 with BW.

That looks appealing, but I found it inconvenient.

Other than MT2 I bought Sterile 10ML vials and 30mL BW

The 10mg of MT2 comes in (very small) 1ML vial

I mixed 10mg MT2 with 5mL BW (transferred to the other 10mL vial.)

insulin syringes come in 3 sizes, 1ML, 0.5ML, 3/10ML
      insulin syringes (regardless of syringe size) are marked in units
      100units=1cc=1ML

They come with fixed needles, the smaller and shorter the better.
      I prefer best quality:
      ------------
      Johe Vega requires doctor's script. He asks to fax script or doc's name and phone, but he accepted my e-mail with script scanned and attached.
      Easy to loose Joe's e-mail, it comes with his name, it would have been easier if it would come from americandiabeteswholesale.
      BD Ultra-Fine II U-100 Insulin Syringes Short Needle 31g 3/10cc 5/16in 90/bx Case of 5---$87.99
      BD Ultra-Fine Insulin Syringes Short Needle 31g 3/10cc 5/16in 90/bx Case of 5 | Needles / Syringes: Syringes

------------

You can buy (in NJ) MT2 over internet (no script reqd)
      but (since recently) to buy syringes you have to come up with doctor's script
      BW is sold at amazon

To make mixing easier, it is good idea to get few larger syringes 3cc, 5cc or 10cc
      You need only one larger syringe for one MT2 vial mixing.

BD Luer lock 10cc syringe with 22Ga x 1" long needle

Do not forget
      BD Alcohol Swabs

-------------
      When mixing 10mg MT2 with 5mL=500units BW

you are getting
      density=(10mg)/(500 units)=0.02mg/unit

0.2 mg/10units
      0.5 mg/25units

My first shot was 0.1mg=5units no problems

Eventually I settle at 2/week latter 1/week

When doing first shot (the small one) and possibly few follow ups,
      it is good idea to have a hubby rested and ready for honeymoon.

If excessively sexually stimulated, reduce dose.
      I am writing it because it is in the hand book, I got this only after first shot.

Contraindications
      hyperpigmented spots
      pregnancy & lactation
      for Bremelanotide (PT141) artherial hypertension

To get tan, you need sun exposure.

Last edited by JanSz; 11-07-2011, 02:53 PM.
      Leptin For Dummies http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

Comment

Okay, thanks.

I just realized my teenager = cortisol.

How can I lower cortisol? Are there supplements I can take? Unfortunately, I can't get rid of him!
        Adaptogens are herbal treatments that help the adrenals Astragalus root, Siberian ginseng, Rhodiola and cordyceps . You will oftern find combination supplements.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSeeker
          Thanks for the idea. I'll keep it in mind.

I am waiting on tests at the moments. The RT3 is the only one left to come in for the thyroid. FT3=2.2, FT4=.9, TS=2.14. I'm also looking forward to seeing the cortisol and DHEA tests. If preg. steal is happening, that will explain a lot.
          Do you have reference ranges for the thyroid results?

Comment

• Originally posted by graciel View Post
            That won't work, because the credit card you use, or the check if you do it by mail, has to come from a non-NYS address. So you have to have an address to use for a credit card. It's not the results, it's getting it paid for without letting anyone know you are from those particular states. If they get my credit card they know I'm in NYS. With an out of state address I can use that as a credit card address for one of my cards and it would work.

They really make you jump through hoops.
            How about paying by mail with a Wal Mart money order that has no address for you on it?

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSeeker
              Thanks for the idea. I'll keep it in mind.

I am waiting on tests at the moments. The RT3 is the only one left to come in for the thyroid. FT3=2.2, FT4=.9, TS=2.14. I'm also looking forward to seeing the cortisol and DHEA tests. If preg. steal is happening, that will explain a lot.
              Originally posted by marcadav View Post
              Do you have reference ranges for the thyroid results?
              Originally posted by LSSeeker
              No, I had a hard enough time getting the bare numbers from my doc's office today. They couldn't print, so I was looking at the secretary's computer. I should have a hard copy in a day or so.
              unless the specific reference ranges for that lab are super narrow that appears to be low in range, possibly below range FT3 and low in range FT4.

colleencoble is right, that could indeed be a cause of higher TC

Comment

• Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
                I went to bed at nine last night woke up at 5:02 and saw the sunrise at 5:42 all without a clock. For the next few weeks i double my vitamin d. I have found it is the best way for me to adjust to the new circadian cycle. The next six weeks are my toughest all yr to remain optimal because of the steepness of light loss into the winter solstice.
                I envy the fact you can get in bed at 9pm! I've got too much to do to prep for work and the kids for daycare + dinner prep for the next dinner

Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
                Dec 21 is the day when i am generaly zero carb.....
                I've noticed that as the light has decreased I've increased my carbs 1st thing in the am...and decreased them at night...I'm feeling a nice rhythm building w/that...

Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
                This and the light cycle. I promise it will make sense when the next leptin post is publihed about what to do after the reset.
                IDK why but for some reason I thrive from the time change until spring equinox... Of course the winter solstice has always been a big deal in my holiday celebration... While I work out less the time I spend out side is maximized... What's interesting is today dd HAD to eat at 530... she was not going to wait until DH got home to eat dinner... so we ate dinner at 530. I really do love eating earlier than we normally eat... I'm trying to get DH to get home earlier from work...but its hard given demands for work, traffic etc...

Today I'm wiped out b/c ds was up from 1am-4am in pain (not entirely sure why - no ear infection, not teething - at least according to the peds, Chrio checked him and he was in alignment) 2 nights in a row of this and I'm toast... getting ready for work/daycare tomorrow and I've got dinner slow cooking in the oven right now... pot roast so tomorrows dinner is ez pz. Hoping tonight will be a better night as I could use the chance to catch up on sleep.. No w/o for me tonight... but I'll be back on my game tomorrow....
                The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
                What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
                SW 190lb
                Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
                25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                GW ~135lbs
                5'3"
                Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

• THE VITAMIN K2 STORY OF BAD BONE AND ARTERIES | Jack Kruse

Comment

• Hi All! I have been following along on this thread since the end of September when I officially started the LR. I hope you all don't mind another passenger on the LR ship. I read the thread up to about p-700 and then just skimmed. I have leaned so much.

I have had a lot of good things going on healthwise.... I am sleeping and sweating for the first time in about 7 years. Back in February, I was in stage II adrenal failure. I am a former bodybuilder and personal trainer. Years of chronic cardio, obsessive dieting and crazy weight lifting workouts crashed my adrenals and messed up my health. I am so glad to have found this thread and the work of Jack Kruse, it is turning things around.

Comment

• Welcome ancient allele!

Comment

• What I would like to know is what does Mark Sisson think of this thread? It seems to be getting ridiculous at over 1000 pages.

Comment

• Originally posted by WTC7WasPulled View Post
                          What I would like to know is what does Mark Sisson think of this thread? It seems to be getting ridiculous at over 1000 pages.
                          I think it's greatly to Mark's credit that he has provided a venue for this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                            karolina,
                            Your Atopic Dermatitus could be caused by a Vitamin D3 Deficiency. Most folks need 10,000 IU Daily of Vitamin D3 Olive Oil based GelTabs to get their 25OH-d blood levels up to 80 ng/ml, as suggested by Dr. Kruse. See these links:
                            Oral Vitamin D May Help Prevent Some Skin Infections

Vitamin D optimization thoughts | Jack Kruse

For your hunger pangs & desire to snack, Dr. Kruse suggests eating MORE Coconut oil with your meal. He says eat MORE coconut oil until the desire to snack goes away.
                            Thanks for the reply Grizz. I'm currently taking 5000 IU of D3 olive oil geltabs a day, I could try doubling that to see if it makes any difference. But I really do think it is the lack of starch that causes the dry skin, I've read about other people having a similar reaction to a low-carb paleo diet. And as I said, I've noticed this before when going low-carb - I don't think I'm getting any D3 from the starches, yet my skin is less dry when I eat some more carbs.

If only DigitalSurgeon has the time to think about yet another random leptin resetter's problems, I'd be really interested in hearing what he has to say about this.

And last night I finally managed to fall asleep about 4 hours after dinner, so that I didn't get hungry again in the evening! So no evening snack for me for the first time (almost) ever. \o/
                            Last edited by Karoliina; 11-08-2011, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• To be honest, I'm not sure. I have a few questions. BUT, worst case scenario, 2-3 weeks of no exercise wouldn't be the worst thing. Since it is an experiment using this particular neurosurgeons program, I would like to follow it to the T or as close as possible. Giving up my 5k training when I was beginning to run for 20 minutes was a sacrifice. But if I am healthier for the long run as a result, it will be of little consequence that i missed 6-8 weeks of aerobic exercise.

Comment

Thanks, Dr. K! What do you think of walnuts for omega-3?
                                Walnuts have pluses and neg.....more neg than pluses for me personally

Comment

Working...
                                X