Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by colleencoble View Post
    Actually no it doesn't always tell, Doc, at least not for my husband. His HS CRP has always been way low but he was suddenly diagnosed with prostate cancer in January. An aggressive form too. But he's never had the inflammation I had. So weird. He's a very healthy guy, or so it seemed. I agree the low fat thing is totally wrong but his CRP gave us no warning that something was brewing.
    Sorry about your husbands PC.

By chance, do you know his estradiol and estrone levels?

even better would be to know downstream metabolites.

some say that 2/16 tatio is important.

Last edited by JanSz; 10-16-2011, 06:30 PM.
    Leptin For Dummies http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

Comment

• Originally posted by Vkiernan View Post
      Lab results are as follows. I think I am missing the ferritan test and am waiting for the Rt3 so I can do the ratio. Looks like I am not making good progress bringing up my Ft3 as it is still at the bottom of the range. Perhaps it's time to stop the naturethroid and go t3 only or at minimun add that to it. I believe I am still estrogen dominant and need to work on that. Anyone else have a high bun? Mine has actually gone higher since the last one around 3 months or so ago. I know a high protein diet can do this but do I need to be concerned? Also, why would my white blood cell count be higher? Anyone? Thanks.

Component Your Value Standard Range Units
      WBC 15.6 3.5 - 11.0 (X(10)3/uL)
      RBC 4.47 3.80 - 5.40 (X(10)6)
      HGB 12.9 11.9 - 16.0 (g/dL)
      HCT 41.8 35 - 47 (%)
      MCV 94 80 - 100 (fL)
      RDW 14.0 11.5 - 14.5 (%)
      PLT 210 150 - 450 (X(10)3)

ESTRADIOL 591 (pg/mL) what day of the cycle? (21??)

-------------------------------what is progesterone level, guessing, very low
      -------------------------------if progesterone (day #21) is indeed low, do not supplement with progesterone, but
      ------------------------------- first rase up pregnenolone on day #3 to the normal level

-------------------------------and raise DHEAs to good level
      -------------------------------estrone may be high, process it using cruciferous, sourcraut, brocoli, I3C, DIM, lots of omega3, DHA, GLA,
      -------------------------------all else fails, use Arimidex
      REF LAB COMMENT **** Comments and Normal Ranges for Component Estradiol(pg/mL) ****
      Reference Range
      Mid-Cycle 18-480
      Luteal Phase < or = 247

T3 FREE 2.11 1.71 - 3.71 (pg/mL)

SODIUM 139 136 - 145 (mmol/L)
      POTASSIUM 4.0 3.5 - 5.1 (mmol/L)
      CHLORIDE 103 98 - 107 (mmol/L)
      CO2 26 22 - 31 (mmol/L)
      GLUCOSE 76 70 - 99 (mg/dL)
      BUN 27 7 - 17 (mg/dL)
      CREATININE 0.8 0.6 - 1.0 (mg/dL)
      PROTEIN TOTAL 6.6 6.3 - 8.5 (gm/dl)
      ALBUMIN 3.9 3.3 - 4.8 (gm/dl)
      CALCIUM 9.4 8.6 - 10.2 (mg/dL)
      AST/SGOT 25 14 - 36 (U/L)
      ALT/SGPT 21 9 - 52 (U/L)
      ALK PHOS 72 38 - 126 (U/L)
      BILIRUBIN 0.2 0.2 - 1.3 (mg/dL)
      GFR >60 >60 - (mL/min/1.73mm)
      HOMOCYSTEINE 6.0 - <10.4 (umol/L)
      I need explanation.

I am under impression that when one works on convering Leptin resistant person to Leptin sensiitive,
      he should not be using any thyroid hormone supplementation.

Definitely yes would be
      iodine
      micronutrients (all 40+ of them)
      omega3 fats
      but
      not thyroid hormone supplementation.

There is two solid indicators for being leptin resistan
      high
      RT3
      and high
      C-Reactive Protein (CRP), High Sensitivity (Cardiac Risk Assessment)

It is very easy to get RT3 down, just eat enough T3
      but that is not real solution
      that is numerical manipulation that is not making person any helthier.

Low RT3 when one eats T3 means not much.

I could use Dr Kruse's few words on this topic.

Last edited by JanSz; 10-16-2011, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• I found some kimchi locally but they only had super spicy (which I can't tolerate) or the one non spicy one which had MSG and other nasties...

Oh well....

Comment

• Now that my systems is back to *Normal* I did the following HIIT Tonight BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv

Loved it... tomorrow is a LHT....
          The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
          What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
          SW 190lb
          Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
          25 Sep 2011 160lbs
          1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
          GW ~135lbs
          5'3"
          Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

• Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
            IF that is the case I bet his testosterone was then exceptional low.......higher grades are associated with lower T levels. That smells of a LR from PUFA intake and not carbs. What is his HDL too......low I bet
            He was a weird case for sure. He was on testosterone, DHEA, pregenolone as part of his anti-aging protocol with Dr. Dzugan. His cholesterol was very high but came down to 215 after starting Armour thyroid (It had been as high as 317) His LDL was 138. His homocysteine had been low but on the blood test that showed his PSA had skyrocketed to 9, it was 12 which was a first for him. (Usual for me but not for him.) But strangely enough his CRP was still low, just under 1. But his estrogens were higher than normal and so was his progesterone. I had thought about asking the dr for a med to lower his estrogen level but I kept putting it off, doggone it. He'd been on the protocol about 3 years or so.

We just had no warning. I thought we were doing everything to keep his prostate in good health. Dr. Dzugan's office told me that his was the first case they'd seen in their office of prostate cancer while doing the protocol. He does eat way too much PUFA. I didn't know about that until I found you. I've got him on the leptin reset now and hope to avoid future problems. The cancer had gotten into his seminal vesicles but so far, so good. His first two PSA tests following surgery have been non detectable.

Comment

• good morniong all,
              I have been on the leptin reset for 7 weeks now, After two weeks I had a set back because of painkillers, but three weks after that things went back to normal.
              I sleep much better; hunger is getting less, sweating profusely has stopped, as has the adrenal sizzling energy that I experienced at first. I am 62, obese, have been VLC and ZC for years. I lost 6 pounds so far on the reset, which gives me HOPE again.

The only thing I seriously worry about is my bloodpressure. My father died at 46 of a myocardinfarct, one brother had two cardiac arrests and my other brother has been on statins for years already, one sister had a myocard infarct as well, so the genes are not all that favorable in this respect.
              My diastolic pressure is way too high. This used to be a problem when I was young and on the pill, but was much better when I stopped that, and when I went VLC to ZC later, it was always beautiful. Now it's suddenly way over 80 again and sometimes even over 90. I have decreased my salt intake rigorously, but that doesn't make any difference.

Will my bloodpressure normalize again by itself? Could it be that my kidneys don't like the protein? I can't imagine that, though, for most days I eat a lot less protein than I was used to when I was completely ZC. I am not going to take medication, I tried that years ago and that turned me into a zombie.

I know that I am not a regular contributor here - it takes all my time on the forum to only keep up-to-date with the new postings each morning - but I'm very grateful for all the information and still hope somebody will be able to help me.
              Last edited by Vilica; 10-17-2011, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• WHOOT!!! Dr K's media page is up and running!!
                Media | Jack Kruse

SW 190lb
                25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                GW ~135lbs
                5'3"
                Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

Comment

I am still having stomach issues. Yesterday was pretty good but today I decided to add in some cider vinegar as recommended and I ate sauerkraut with dinner and now I am in some serious stomach pain for the last couple of hours. Any ideas on how to mitigate the pain? It is a mild burn plus nausea feeling between the rib cage.
                  How much and when are you taking the ACV?

Comment

I am still having stomach issues. Yesterday was pretty good but today I decided to add in some cider vinegar as recommended and I ate sauerkraut with dinner and now I am in some serious stomach pain for the last couple of hours. Any ideas on how to mitigate the pain? It is a mild burn plus nausea feeling between the rib cage.
                    Yes. I have an idea. IMO, don't eat those things any more. Your body is telling you to STOP THIS RIGHT NOW. If you insist, start with very low doses and then SLOWLY build up.

Grizz

Comment

• Originally posted by Shijin13 View Post
                      WHOOT!!! Dr K's media page is up and running!!
                      Media | Jack Kruse
                      Wonder what is the minimum time for virtual visit.

//

Comment

• Originally posted by JanSz View Post
                        //
                        I am wondering that too. Dr Kruse mentioned he is going to charge by the hour but I do not think that means that an hour is minimum consultation time. I hope one can buy time slots in 15 minutes increments or something like that, especially for follow up consultations.

Another way would like to see is to buy a couple of hours in advance and use them over time based on actual time spent for each consultation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilica View Post
                          good morniong all,
                          I have been on the leptin reset for 7 weeks now, After two weeks I had a set back because of painkillers, but three weks after that things went back to normal.
                          I sleep much better; hunger is getting less, sweating profusely has stopped, as has the adrenal sizzling energy that I experienced at first. I am 62, obese, have been VLC and ZC for years. I lost 6 pounds so far on the reset, which gives me HOPE again.

The only thing I seriously worry about is my bloodpressure. My father died at 46 of a myocardinfarct, one brother had two cardiac arrests and my other brother has been on statins for years already, one sister had a myocard infarct as well, so the genes are not all that favorable in this respect.
                          My diastolic pressure is way too high. This used to be a problem when I was young and on the pill, but was much better when I stopped that, and when I went VLC to ZC later, it was always beautiful. Now it's suddenly way over 80 again and sometimes even over 90. I have decreased my salt intake rigorously, but that doesn't make any difference.

Will my bloodpressure normalize again by itself? Could it be that my kidneys don't like the protein? I can't imagine that, though, for most days I eat a lot less protein than I was used to when I was completely ZC. I am not going to take medication, I tried that years ago and that turned me into a zombie.

I know that I am not a regular contributor here - it takes all my time on the forum to only keep up-to-date with the new postings each morning - but I'm very grateful for all the information and still hope somebody will be able to help me.
                          Hi vilica,
                          I don't have a clue.
                          Hopefully someone with knowledge about this will respond.
                          Posting here frequently isn't a requirement for a response!
                          Last edited by indigogirl; 10-17-2011, 07:10 AM.
                          Indigogirl

Comment

• Originally posted by JanSz View Post

several pages back he was talking 1hr blocks@$200/hr I think its reasonable..

SW 190lb
                            25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                            1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                            GW ~135lbs
                            5'3"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shijin13 View Post
                              several pages back he was talking 1hr blocks@$200/hr I think its reasonable..
                              I remember the rate $200/hr
                              I do not remember that 1hr was mentioned as the min block size.

Comment

• Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
                                Not really. Its going to be designed for people to get a consult about anything they want.......and not about treatment because to have treatment requires an office visit. This is for people who want advice or to bounce things off of memthat are being done by their doc or just want advice on how to think about their current situation basedupon their current problems and/or current labs. We thought about skype but many people dont like the quality of skype......and webex platform is a lot better. The role out will be slower and limited slots. We have to gauge how many really want this. I know some of my current patients want hour long appts but often that is not doable during regular hours. The days and times we do this will also be early am late pms and nights and i am toying with weekends too
                                ...bump

Comment

Working...
                                X