X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by indigogirl View Post
    K!
    Sipping iced green tea with stevia.

Tidmutt: Bubbies dill pickles and their sauerkraut. Not only delish, Dr. K recommends them.
    Nice, thanks. Damn, only in whole foods in my area, well could be worse. Will be an easy sell to my wife, she loves pickles, although she likes sweet pickles, so errr... maybe. Sauerkraut... puke... well, maybe piled on top of an applegate hot dog frank with some relish and grilled onions, yum.
    My Self Optimization Blog

Comment

Dexter, I took some homeopathic arnica at 5:30 in the morning last night. Unfortunately homeopathic tablets are teeny sugar pills with the particular homeopathic dilution of the substance. Ya think this was a bad thing?? I was about to take more now (my sciataca) but realized I might be messing with the reset. Dr. K's blog on Peripheral Neuropathy was helpful in regard to this, but I don't recall anything in there being a quick fix.
      Nah, not a problem on the very small amount of sugar in those tiny little pills. I remember you have sciataca but I don't recall if we talked about supp with extra D3 till the pain abates. D3 is wonderful for relieving aches and pains.

Comment

• Originally posted by tidmutt View Post
        Nice, thanks. Damn, only in whole foods in my area, well could be worse. Will be an easy sell to my wife, she loves pickles, although she likes sweet pickles, so errr... maybe. Sauerkraut... puke... well, maybe piled on top of an applegate hot dog frank with some relish and grilled onions, yum.
        Check the applegate for wheat and for "natural flavors". Look at the relish...most made with high fructose corn syrup, and most mustard has wheat....just like soy sauce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dextery View Post
          Vit D3 testing is a separate test and is requested separately by your doc.

Regarding caffeine in the Green Tea. I have been drinking it with caffeine in the evening and the Theanine has been a relaxer...which was a surprise to me. Normally I have always avoided any caffeine ater noon.
          Well, I'm not drinking a lot of green tea, I was at first, but switched to mostly water. I'm upping my green tea intake again but although I've never noticed issues with caffeine I know Dr K is against it in some cases and since one of the reasons I gave up a 2 decade diet soda habit was to kill my caffeine intake I don't want to negate that with green tea, although it's much healthier overall obviously. I also tried Zevia, not that I wanted to replace diet soda with Zevia but as an occasional treat, but wow, the sugar alcohol in that stuff messes me up. It immediately makes me feel slightly off and then later if I drink a couple of cans fairly close together I have severe bowel issues. Woke up at 1am the other night feeling like I needed to pass a large African Elephant. Sadly, I think Zevia isn't worth it in my case. Good news is, most of the time cool water, tea or some sparkling water satisfies me, just occasionally I long for a can of diet pepsi.

Comment

Check the applegate for wheat and for "natural flavors". Look at the relish...most made with high fructose corn syrup, and most mustard has wheat....just like soy sauce.
            Well, I was referring to Bubbies relish, which has none of those things. I never buy anything with HFC.

I've never made a habit out of eating these things, but for a BBQ they're a good option. No wheat, grass fed beef, pretty clean looking.

The Great Organic Hot Dog

And no mustard for me...

Comment

My liquid stevia says "natural flavors" kind of annoyed me, but it's the best one I could find.

Comment

Nah, not a problem on the very small amount of sugar in those tiny little pills. I remember you have sciataca but I don't recall if we talked about supp with extra D3 till the pain abates. D3 is wonderful for relieving aches and pains.
                Dr. K said to take 15,000 iu of the D3 and 10 mg. of K2, so that is what I am doing. So you and he concur! : )
                Indigogirl

Comment

• Sweet Leaf liquid stevia (again WF) has stevia and grapefruit seed extract.
                  Indigogirl

Comment

Sweet Leaf liquid stevia (again WF) has stevia and grapefruit seed extract.
                    That's what I have, on the bottle it lists "natural flavors". Which could be benign...
                    Last edited by tidmutt; 10-10-2011, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Georgette- do they know what gluten intolerance is? I suspect they don't and feel sheepish that they don't know, thus looking at you like you're an idiot.
                      I wanted to say they feel stupid but sheepish was kinder. : )
                      Just tell them you're allergic to wheat...

Comment

My serum vitamin D level was 24.9. I actually have a prescription of D2 50,000 iu left over from last winter. Do you think I should take the D2, or 7 of my 1000 iu D3 every day for a week? I take 5mg. of K2 a day.
                        Throw the D2 in the garbage!

Comment

• Day 3. I normally wake up to my alarm at 5.45am, today I woke up at 5am and could not get back to sleep at all so got up 10 minutes later and came on here to keep reading through this massive thread. I am excited to read that it may help get rid of my (mildy hyper) thyroid nodules!

I am still hungry between meals, but it is a hunger I can cope with. Had to choke down my BAB this morning but it was more that it just didn't taste nice LOL.

I am sure my tummy is looking a tad less rounded, and I am 300 grams down.

I am feeling colder than normal since I started this, and am very thirsty too. I read the thirst is a good sign - yes?

Comment

• Here is an at home Omega 3 test. It's the least expensive I've found - $99

Here is the link - The Holman Omega 3 Test

Comment

• Originally posted by angieonthegogo View Post
                              I believe that your O6/03 ratios need to be optimal in order to properly utilize the Vit D from sun exposure. If they are not, it isn't a good combo for your skin. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.
                              I think you are correct. If the fats in the skin are not good, neither is Vitamin D absorption/conversion. There are also suspicions that soaps and skin producta affect absorption. Testing of very tan older people in Florida are showing them to be deficient, so it's not just a matter of sun exposure.
                              Last edited by Adrianag; 10-10-2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MLD View Post
                                I'm new to this forum but have read on other forums that Dr. K discourages dairy (greek yogurt), all protein powders and says that grass fed meats are the necessary item to get to LS on time. However, I see alot of people using yogurt and protein shakes. I'm wondering if anyone here has become LS using yogurt, protein shakes and regular store bought beef? Thanks.
                                Greek yogurt is ok for some.....check blood sugars! Five years ago i could not eat it now i can

Comment

Working...
                                X