No announcement yet.

Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far I've found 5oz of beef to be easiest to get the 50gs, but scrambled eggs comes in a close second. As others have said, I'm so impressed by the extra energy and lack of cravings that I'll keep at it. My main concern is when I travel, which as a retiree I do quite a bit.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Originally posted by Digby View Post
      So far I've found 5oz of beef to be easiest to get the 50gs, but scrambled eggs comes in a close second. As others have said, I'm so impressed by the extra energy and lack of cravings that I'll keep at it. My main concern is when I travel, which as a retiree I do quite a bit.
      I seem to be combining scrambled eggs with meat every morning. Cravings are pretty much non-existent. Totally odd feeling.
      Georgette

Comment

Nice results.

Comment

I've been doing this all week but have managed to gain 6+ lbs?! This is not exactly the result I was looking for. I feel like I am stuffing myself in the morning to get 35-50g protein in order to gain weight in 3 days that it took me 2 + months to lose in the firt place. What am I doing wrong? Eggs + Sausage or Bacon (sometimes I add some plain whole fat greek yogurt just for some different texture but not much ~1/2 c.).

I will say though, it has squashed my hunger so I continue to choke it down even though it is way more food than what I would prefer and the results rather suck so far. I don't think I could stick with this for 6-8 weeks if I'm adding back the pounds at this rate. Been primal since last year so it isn't like this is new to me. WTH?!

Comment

Originally posted by DFH View Post
            There is also a leptin test. It's checked on my lab sheet for my next checkup.

There isn't much you can do if you suspect rT3 and don't test for it. NHS won't cover it?
            Nope, if TSH is normal that's that. The GP told me that even if she orders a test not indicated according to the rules, the lab would refuse to process it, especially if it's a more expensive one like a hormone check.

Plus if it's something they don't understand and wouldn't respond to in a helpful way, then having the numbers doesn't make much difference anyway.

It was worth paying for the TPO, that was only 30 pounds as it was a home blood test kit I just posted off to the lab.

Leptin- well I think we can safely assume mine is high lol.
            Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
            Harold Whitman

Comment

That's a bummer. I have heard that about the NHS. The "CW" can be as bad as the US. At least you don't have 1 in 200 households in medical bankruptcy (but that's off topic)

A friend of mine in the UK saw my thyroid/hormone Dr in California long distance, but it wasn't cheap.

I think you are on target. You have to be your own dr, test data or not. Don't give up!

Comment

That's a bummer. I have heard that about the NHS. The "CW" can be as bad as the US. At least you don't have 1 in 200 households in medical bankruptcy (but that's off topic)

A friend of mine in the UK saw my thyroid/hormone Dr in California long distance, but it wasn't cheap.

I think you are on target. You have to be your own dr, test data or not. Don't give up!
                LOL well I'm very used to being my own doctor, if I hadn't got the hang of that I'd still be eating gluten and getting sicker and sicker. I knew there was some reason I did that biochem degree lol.

A friend of mine decided to go the conventional route with gluten intolerance. She blood tested negative for celiac yet somehow is still getting an endoscopy and biopsy on the NHS, I have no idea how she managed that!
                Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
                Harold Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by angieonthegogo View Post
                  I've been doing this all week but have managed to gain 6+ lbs?! This is not exactly the result I was looking for. I feel like I am stuffing myself in the morning to get 35-50g protein in order to gain weight in 3 days that it took me 2 + months to lose in the firt place. What am I doing wrong? Eggs + Sausage or Bacon (sometimes I add some plain whole fat greek yogurt just for some different texture but not much ~1/2 c.).

I will say though, it has squashed my hunger so I continue to choke it down even though it is way more food than what I would prefer and the results rather suck so far. I don't think I could stick with this for 6-8 weeks if I'm adding back the pounds at this rate. Been primal since last year so it isn't like this is new to me. WTH?!
                  Angie, you might want to track your intake for a few days, if you aren't now. Also, remember the no food between meals, because this is very important in the leptin/insulin reset. I'm eating the big breakfast, a low cal snack for lunch if anything, then dinner by 7p. You shouldn't be gaining. Some people seem to not shift much while they get their leptin reset, but your gain is the first I've read. It's probably a temporary anomaly. Hope it corrects for you soon.
                  This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                  Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Originally posted by Digby View Post
                    Angie, you might want to track your intake for a few days, if you aren't now. Also, remember the no food between meals, because this is very important in the leptin/insulin reset. I'm eating the big breakfast, a low cal snack for lunch if anything, then dinner by 7p. You shouldn't be gaining. Some people seem to not shift much while they get their leptin reset, but your gain is the first I've read. It's probably a temporary anomaly. Hope it corrects for you soon.
                    I don't snack between meals. I've been primal for quite some time and following this I switched from lunch and dinner meals to breakfast and dinner. I'm not hungry between meals so I don't snack and thats why I 'skip' lunch. I'm too stuffed to even think about food. I'm eating the same exact things, just more of them to get my 35-50g protein in the morning. My carbs are always low, well under 50g each day. My total calories have gone up a slight bit because I'm stuffing myself in the morning but my protein and fat consumption have dropped at dinner a little to compensate for the fact that I'm just not as hungry. I've kept everything else constant on purpose to try to isolate the benefits of switching to this regimen. So far I can't be enthusiastic about my results. I hope it is just temporary.

Comment

Instead of sausage or bacon why not try a leaner cut of meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue View Post
                        Instead of sausage or bacon why not try a leaner cut of meat.
                        My goal was to eat the exact same things as before so I could see what kind of result this new eating interval and loading up in the morning would be so I kept everything constant. I think I am going to stick it out the rest of the week and evaluate at the end of one total week before I make any changes. I'm still eating leaner cuts of meat for dinner, just as before, usually grass-fed beef or bison. I might switch to the leaner cuts in the morning after this week to see if that makes a difference but want to stay the course for at least one week. Lots of others are eating bacon and eggs for their morning routines as I had been too it is just more than I would prefer to eat in one sitting.

Comment

I had always assumed your doctor was in AL. I'm in California. Where is your doc located?

Comment

Originally posted by Horsewoman View Post
                            Nope, if TSH is normal that's that.
                            If TSH is the only test run to determine thyroid function, how is secondary hypothyroidism (pituitary issues), diagnosed/dealt with. I ask because with secondary hypo TSH will, most likely, be in the normal range but Free Ts will also be low.

Comment

Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
                              I had always assumed your doctor was in AL. I'm in California. Where is your doc located?
                              The main office is in Torrance and they have another one in the SF bay area.

I fly to LA each November for a face to face, and the rest is local labs and phone calls. The office sees a lot of long distance patients because not too many places will do what they do....natural hormones, thyroid, adrenals, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue... They get lots of basketcases and frustrated patients. That's how I ended up there.

Comment

The main office is in Torrance and they have another one in the SF bay area.

I fly to LA each November for a face to face, and the rest is local labs and phone calls. The office sees a lot of long distance patients because not too many places will do what they do....natural hormones, thyroid, adrenals, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue... They get lots of basketcases and frustrated patients. That's how I ended up there.
                                Maybe I should give him a shot. I'm in the SF area. I'm not too happy with my current doc. I'll likely have to pay out of pocket but it may be worth it. Could you send me his name?

Comment

Working...
                                X