Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by geostump View Post
    It's been 5 hours since lunch and I'm still feeling really warm. Is this the "warmth" that you all experience? If it is, not sure if I like it. I feel as if I could run around the office naked and not cool off. I prefer my body to feel colder.
    I often have that since the reset, but more so after spicy food if that makes sense?

    Update on me: the food-poisoning is now on it's 3rd day. I've had nothing to eat in 43 hours, so forced down some macadamias and 2 spoons of coconut oil this morning as I was starting to feel very weak. My brain perked up straight away but obviously my tummy is still yuck and sore. Will do this every 6 hours or so until I have recovered, so I have some energy for the kids..

    Kruse, interesting that you mention leaky gut and depression. I suspect I have leaky gut (sudden on-set of food allergies to food I've eaten for my entire life). I'm about to see a naturopath to heal the gut, but if you have any basic pointers, feel free to throw them my way!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Vkiernan View Post
      Need some advice - Into my 6th week and started taking all of my supplements again (3 days in) and today I woke up with a huge dark cloud hanigng over my head. I am taking Iodine, selenium, b-complex, D3, multi, C and zinc all in the am and magnesium at bed time anc C thruout the day. I had heard that magnesium can attribute to depressed moods. What do you think?

      This is how I started out everyday before I knew I had thyroid and adrenal issues. Since the only change I have made is with supplements, I'm afraid to take anything. I don't know what is causing this.

      Thanks for any input.
      Ok, IMO and it's just that my opinion or experience and it seems like you and I have a lot of the same issues. Have you ever taken iodine before and if so how much are you taking? I had horrific experiences with it and my completely natural Dr. agrees with me. Iodine is very hard to take if you have shot adrenals because it revs up your thyroid (which you already know is not working right) and without any adrenal support you will shoot your adrenals out completely. I went through hell with this just a 3-4 months ago. Also, you need to be careful supplementing selenium when you have thyroid problems and it should be done slowly. You really want to take a high b-complex, good quality 1 or 2 a day. Take extra pantothenic acid (500-1,000 mcg) per day, tons of vit c like I told you before, D3 and magnesium. I don't supplement with zinc but I have been thinking about it but I like to add supplements slowly so I can attribute any good or bad changes to that particular supplement. I do not take multi-vitamins partly because I can't even tolerate the iodine that is in all of them and I think individuals are better because we change all the time.

      Again, that is just my opinion/experience. Now by any chance do you know the answer to my exercise question I asked last night? LOL

      Comment


      • Originally posted by merehart View Post
        Well we have never had a problem getting pregnant. But I am more concerned with how I eat during the pregnancy and while breastfeeding. My other two pregnancies were definitely SAD, and I remember eating patterns were erratic. How does pregnancy and erratic/frequent eating affect leptin sensitivity?
        huge.....if you had gestational diabetes even worse.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
          huge.....if you had gestational diabetes even worse.
          Ouch. I was horrible with both my pregnancies. Was eating primal in the months leading up to conceivement, always fell PG first go. But when all-day sickness started at 6 weeks I could only ever stomach carbs from bread and sweets. I really went all out. I suspect I had GD during my last pregnancy but never got around to do the test. But the baby came out at a whooping 9'4 pounds so I suspect I had it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Glamorama View Post
            I often have that since the reset, but more so after spicy food if that makes sense?

            Update on me: the food-poisoning is now on it's 3rd day. I've had nothing to eat in 43 hours, so forced down some macadamias and 2 spoons of coconut oil this morning as I was starting to feel very weak. My brain perked up straight away but obviously my tummy is still yuck and sore. Will do this every 6 hours or so until I have recovered, so I have some energy for the kids..

            Kruse, interesting that you mention leaky gut and depression. I suspect I have leaky gut (sudden on-set of food allergies to food I've eaten for my entire life). I'm about to see a naturopath to heal the gut, but if you have any basic pointers, feel free to throw them my way!
            IF you eat badly and dont absorb the nutrients for neurotransmitters production and their co factors you are going to become depressed.......That is the basis of GAPS. Neurotansmitters are made from proteins......all the needed co factors come from animal products.......so if you eat a SAD (high carbs) it blocks absorption of those critical AA from proteins........and that is why it happens. Everything is tied together.......this is why I came up with the idea for the QUILT. If I keep adding piece to piece you will all begin to understand how it all works.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Glamorama View Post
              Ouch. I was horrible with both my pregnancies. Was eating primal in the months leading up to conceivement, always fell PG first go. But when all-day sickness started at 6 weeks I could only ever stomach carbs from bread and sweets. I really went all out. I suspect I had GD during my last pregnancy but never got around to do the test. But the baby came out at a whooping 9'4 pounds so I suspect I had it.
              at 9'4 damn right you did. Go look at any paper about birth weight and Gestational diabetes......your kids epigenetic switches are toast. Start them eating a ketogenic diet as much as possible.......you may help them huge.

              Comment


              • I was born 9 pounds 5 1/4 ounces. Not at all surprised I'm obese now....or not obese now....not sure because my body fat% on the scale says 22%-30% lol. Anyway I was obese maybe just overweight now. I want to get a BodPod test but the tester at the University in Odessa Texas said the student that does the scheduling for that is doing his thesis and will get back to me. Its been about 2 months since he said that . He said I could get it for free if I sign a thing saying they can use the data. Anywhere....well I just started graveyard shift at Walgreens and I'm tired as hell I just stayed up all night and went to sleep an hour after I got home at around 9 in the morning and didn't eat.

                As this is the first time I've had the schedule I'm not sure it'll stay like this but I started out with a 30 hour week of working 4 pm to 12 am and being off. Right now I'm working for 5 days straight on graveyard followed by 5 days off. Graveyard shift is 12 am to 8 am. I'm not at all sure how I should eat and when I should sleep while doing graveyards. I think after the 5 days off I go back to a week of 4 pm to 12 am though I'm not sure.

                I really liked the sound of making 10.50 instead of 10.00 for overnights but not it feels inadequate...so tired.
                Age: 28
                Height: 6'1"
                Primal start date: July 1st 2011
                Start Weight: 275
                Current Weight: 248
                Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
                Body Fat 25.4%
                Fat Mass 63.721
                Fat Free Mass 74.6%
                Fat Free Mass 187.087
                Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
                Total lost so far: 27 lbs

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
                  at 9'4 damn right you did. Go look at any paper about birth weight and Gestational diabetes......your kids epigenetic switches are toast. Start them eating a ketogenic diet as much as possible.......you may help them huge.
                  Will do. The baby eats mostly primal, but the 4 year old twins are very fussy so I really struggle with them. The twins were only small and I ate far better while I was expecting them. They also have a healthier build, quite muscly. The baby looks like a mini-version on an overweight version of myself. I don't want her to struggle with weight like I have, so I'll start now while she's too little to object or to know any better.

                  I'm actually not depressed, very happy in fact, but sugar would make me feel down, and obviously the leaky gut is a result of 17 years of bad eating and 3-4 years of binge drinking. So my mood is stable now that I'm primal, but my gut is not. I will heal it over time.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
                    you dont know what it does to you unless you buy a glucometer and check your BG every 15 for the first post prandial hour. Never assume.
                    Yeah, I knew that comment was not peer-reviewed and publishable, all that! It was my own n=1 and when it came up, some others mentioned the same thing, and one person said they didn't have the problem but they were active. I may be wrong, but I'm convinced enough that I'm not doing the whey protein.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
                      at 9'4 damn right you did. Go look at any paper about birth weight and Gestational diabetes......your kids epigenetic switches are toast. Start them eating a ketogenic diet as much as possible.......you may help them huge.
                      What did I miss? I had a high birth weight too 9#,8oz, and mom was always struggling with diet. My current doc said I was genetically pre-disposed to be insulin resistant. Make sense?

                      Comment


                      • Dr. K would you recommend people getting food allergy tests done yearly if they test positive for an allergy? I tested positive to casein last year. I always hated milk, even chocolate. Although I was quite fond of yogurt and cheese. Do you think I always had this or it is a leaky gut issue? I was having quite a few digestive problems at the time when I tested. A lot of digestive issues on my mom's side of the family and I wonder if they were all allergic to dairy and that caused it or if there is something more to it. My mom was diagnosed with Crohn's last year and that's one road I definitely would like to avoid.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DFH View Post
                          What did I miss? I had a high birth weight too 9#,8oz, and mom was always struggling with diet. My current doc said I was genetically pre-disposed to be insulin resistant. Make sense?
                          your doc should read more......and get his head removed from his rectum. I used to have my head up my ass too about 7 yrs ago but I decided life was easier with it on my shoulders.
                          Last edited by DigitalSurgeon; 08-11-2011, 08:53 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by natural_girl View Post
                            Dr. K would you recommend people getting food allergy tests done yearly if they test positive for an allergy? I tested positive to casein last year. I always hated milk, even chocolate. Although I was quite fond of yogurt and cheese. Do you think I always had this or it is a leaky gut issue? I was having quite a few digestive problems at the time when I tested. A lot of digestive issues on my mom's side of the family and I wonder if they were all allergic to dairy and that caused it or if there is something more to it. My mom was diagnosed with Crohn's last year and that's one road I definitely would like to avoid.
                            only if you have a persistent leaky gut or big time stalls after hormones are repaired.......this is the last thing I recommend because the testing is so inaccurate.....but many times the GI fx testing shows a big issue. People with mental illness this is a big area of concern.......because many psychiatric issues are tied to neurotransmitter construction defects.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
                              your doc should read more......and get his ass removed from his rectum. I used to have my head up my ass too about 7 yrs ago but I decided life was easier with it on my shoulders.
                              haha.. So what is the correct way of stating it? I'm not sure what you meant.

                              Comment


                              • Anyone have an opinion on drinking a glass of raw milk for breakfast? I won't be able to afford lots of meat and I don't want to eat eggs every day.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X