No announcement yet.

Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vkiernan I feel the same. I started June 30. Following it to a T. I am just pooped. I started taking 1/2 tsp of salt in the am for adrenals. I also take adaptogens. I am not loosing any weight and my clothing isn't fitting better. Sleep isn't better yet either. I think I am gaining muscle. Some days I am not as hungry, but then there are days that food is always on my mine. I think it still need more fat and protein at breakfast. Does anyone watch calories? I know it is not necessary when you are leptin sensitive, but it does matter for those that are LR. I would like to eat more, but the pounds come on.

Comment

• I think things are picking up... at least hormonally for me... I've got a slight headache... and just feel a little off... I'm on day 26 of my cycle and I think things are beginning to get ready for AF to return (at least that's what I think is going on) Its been over 4yrs since AF was "Regular" and not impacted by lactation. I think what I'm feeling is the nose dive of the Estrogen right before AF. before having kids - I could never tell when AF was going to show up... I think this is another sign that I'm moving fwd in a positive manner with the LR....
      The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
      What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
      SW 190lb
      Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
      25 Sep 2011 160lbs
      1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
      GW ~135lbs
      5'3"
      Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

• i never count calories, to much work lol
        Primal Chaos
        37yo 6'5"
        6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
        current 338lbs 49" waist
        goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

• Interesting, Shijin, I feel off, too - slightly nauseated when thinking of food, but hungry and can't skip the meals, slightly headachey at times, just a little off. And I know I'm gearing up for AF to come in the next probably 9 months or so after a lovely 28 months off. Don't know if I'm seeing the effects of that, or LR/LS, or a mix, or something off.

I loved the pate I made the first day and second day I had it, and it makes me sick to think of it now. I usually love greens with my eggs in the morning, and the thought of them make me sick, too. And no, I'm not pregnant, lol. It's all very strange, but I consider strange good at this point.
          5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
          Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
          Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
          Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
          ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• @Vkiernan & Freshveggies are you making sure to get your good fats in? If I feel down, headachy or tired I take a tsp and eat it. It does get rid of headaches which is friggin awesome if you ask me.

I have a bit of a sinus infection, not much of one and usually this time of year, I can't breathe at all period. I'm barely stuffed up, took 2 sudafed and feel really good. Going to take more Vit D3 when I get home.

Just had lunch, had a BAS salad and some salmon. Ate half the salad and 4 bites of salmon and literally couldn't eat another bite.
            Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Freshveggies View Post
              Vkiernan I feel the same. I started June 30. Following it to a T. I am just pooped. I started taking 1/2 tsp of salt in the am for adrenals. I also take adaptogens. I am not loosing any weight and my clothing isn't fitting better. Sleep isn't better yet either. I think I am gaining muscle. Some days I am not as hungry, but then there are days that food is always on my mine. I think it still need more fat and protein at breakfast. Does anyone watch calories? I know it is not necessary when you are leptin sensitive, but it does matter for those that are LR. I would like to eat more, but the pounds come on.
              I track calories - for accountability - though as I'm starting to see changes - especially the hungry/full switches turn on - I'm eating less across the afternoon/evening meals... still focusing on the 50g of protein in the am... Dr K - say not to worry about calories - and I think he's right, you've got to fix the hormones - from Leptin, to Insulin, to Cortisol, to cholesterol, to the sex hormones - for everything to work properly... when you're trying to become LS - your focus should be on healing your body - I gained some weight when I started the LR - and around 5wks in I started counting calories for accountability.... I think I've got a lot of hurdles to jump through/over - before I really start to see inches and belly fat start to disappear... I'm beginning to see positive changes, though I don't think the calorie counting is what's doing it... its sticking to the LR Rules/guidelines... while counting calories does provide accountability - its not the key. the key is allowing your body to heal. Remove teh LR, and everything else starts to fall away....

SW 190lb
              25 Sep 2011 160lbs
              1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
              GW ~135lbs
              5'3"
              Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                Interesting, Shijin, I feel off, too - slightly nauseated when thinking of food, but hungry and can't skip the meals, slightly headachey at times, just a little off. And I know I'm gearing up for AF to come in the next probably 9 months or so after a lovely 28 months off. Don't know if I'm seeing the effects of that, or LR/LS, or a mix, or something off.

I loved the pate I made the first day and second day I had it, and it makes me sick to think of it now. I usually love greens with my eggs in the morning, and the thought of them make me sick, too. And no, I'm not pregnant, lol. It's all very strange, but I consider strange good at this point.
                The interesting thing for me is I really don't know what a normal cycle should feel like KWIM? I've never had a normal cycle - I know that after pregnancy things change as well... being an older mom, I knowing my mom went through menopause early (she had me when she was 30, and went through menopause around 42, where as her mom had her youngest at 39)- I want to get my hormones fixed - so I can hold off early menopause if at all possible... I'm striving for optimal health and I want to share that with my kids...

ETA - I just realized I didn't sleep well last night... I'm wondering if its my monthly hormone shift?
                Last edited by Shijin13; 08-03-2011, 11:25 AM.

SW 190lb
                25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                GW ~135lbs
                5'3"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shijin13 View Post
                  I track calories - for accountability - though as I'm starting to see changes - especially the hungry/full switches turn on - I'm eating less across the afternoon/evening meals... still focusing on the 50g of protein in the am... Dr K - say not to worry about calories - and I think he's right, you've got to fix the hormones - from Leptin, to Insulin, to Cortisol, to cholesterol, to the sex hormones - for everything to work properly... when you're trying to become LS - your focus should be on healing your body - I gained some weight when I started the LR - and around 5wks in I started counting calories for accountability.... I think I've got a lot of hurdles to jump through/over - before I really start to see inches and belly fat start to disappear... I'm beginning to see positive changes, though I don't think the calorie counting is what's doing it... its sticking to the LR Rules/guidelines... while counting calories does provide accountability - its not the key. the key is allowing your body to heal. Remove teh LR, and everything else starts to fall away....
                  Yeah...definitely has nothing to do with calories or exercise if it did I should look like a supermodel LOL

Comment

We're healing our bodies not only from years of abuse but decades of abuse in some instances. This is not a quick fix. I honestly feel that this is definitely the way to go for anyone with severe health issues. Patience is truly the key with what we're doing. Seems like everyday, I'm finding new things out about my body and I'm excited about it! First time I've ever had that feeling. It's truly glorious.
                    Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                      We're healing our bodies not only from years of abuse but decades of abuse in some instances. This is not a quick fix. I honestly feel that this is definitely the way to go for anyone with severe health issues. Patience is truly the key with what we're doing. Seems like everyday, I'm finding new things out about my body and I'm excited about it! First time I've ever had that feeling. It's truly glorious.
                      This is a commitment for life and wellness. the primal WOL gets you in the door, LR, for those who need it, is the key to everything... and it may take a year or two of eating this way to undo the damage we've done to our bodies... I figure if in 2yrs I'm no longer LR, and everything else falls into place I'll be one rocking hot mama!

SW 190lb
                      25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                      1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                      GW ~135lbs
                      5'3"

Comment

This is a commitment for life and wellness. the primal WOL gets you in the door, LR, for those who need it, is the key to everything... and it may take a year or two of eating this way to undo the damage we've done to our bodies... I figure if in 2yrs I'm no longer LR, and everything else falls into place I'll be one rocking hot mama!
                        Exactly. I wish I knew about this 20 years ago. Who knows where I'd be at now.
                        Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                          Exactly. I wish I knew about this 20 years ago. Who knows where I'd be at now.
                          Isn't that the truth... you know 20yrs ago I was eating a modified zone diet (limited grains) and I felt awesome... where I went wrong -was a friend talked me into becoming a vegetarian 15yrs ago (I only lasted 2yrs that way - but it was the beginning of the end) WTF was I thinking... I believe that started me down this path of self destruction and now I'm trying to recover my health!

SW 190lb
                          25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                          1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                          GW ~135lbs
                          5'3"

Comment

• Aw hell, 20 years ago I was eating stouffer's mac and cheese and lasagna every night. Gah.

I'll eat this way for the rest of my life. I may add in a bit more berries when I'm LS, but only on occasion. Everything is so tasty as it is and I'm not feeling like I miss out on anything, so what would be the point of eating things that would only make me sick? So freeing to feel that way.

Comment

• Twenty years ago, I was 15 living with mom and eating pop corn and cereal for dinner.
                              Georgette

Comment

• What the hell is AF? I get tired of abbreviations sometimes....people use them so much. I hate having to ask or look it up...I tried to google and found nothing that makes sense.
                                Height: 6'1"
                                Primal start date: July 1st 2011
                                Start Weight: 275
                                Current Weight: 248
                                Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
                                Body Fat 25.4%
                                Fat Mass 63.721
                                Fat Free Mass 74.6%
                                Fat Free Mass 187.087
                                Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
                                Total lost so far: 27 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X