Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
    LDL is the raw material for many of your hormones, and if something goes awry in the conversion process, it will be high with no immediate risk to the heart, but a major need to solve the underlying problem so your estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol, etc., etc., don't get way out of balance.
    No telling how many people are on statins because of low thyroid. I would be if it weren't for that quack (just kidding) Kruse.

Comment

• Return of the mega thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
        Return of the mega thread!
        I kept up with Jack for quite some time on his new blog Jack Kruse Paleo, he is doing a lot of good for people as their doctor, and still giving away a lot of free advice, just not very detailed unless you are willing to hire him as your physician--which is how it should be IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by otzi View Post
          I kept up with Jack for quite some time on his new blog Jack Kruse Paleo, he is doing a lot of good for people as their doctor, and still giving away a lot of free advice, just not very detailed unless you are willing to hire him as your physician--which is how it should be IMO.
          I don't mind reading his stuff to give me some jumping off points for my own investigations. I liked his gut series and general argument for seafood in the diet. Makes some good points about evolutionary science and in particular supporting our access to water and shoreline foods.

His stuff has gotten more readable with time (maybe he finally hired an editor), and he has gotten better at citing his sources. Some things I think were definitely missing when he first came on the scene.

All in all I think his web presence (i.e. blog) has improved with time. Where I didn't bother reading it at all before, I now pop in for a look here and there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
            I don't mind reading his stuff to give me some jumping off points for my own investigations. I liked his gut series and general argument for seafood in the diet. Makes some good points about evolutionary science and in particular supporting our access to water and shoreline foods.

His stuff has gotten more readable with time (maybe he finally hired an editor), and he has gotten better at citing his sources. Some things I think were definitely missing when he first came on the scene.

All in all I think his web presence (i.e. blog) has improved with time. Where I didn't bother reading it at all before, I now pop in for a look here and there.
            Same here. Looks like he's on to EMF and Grounding now. I've never paid much attention to that aspect of life, but we'll see what he has to say.

Comment

• Anyone concerned about heart health (like me, for example) could do worse than investigate the Pauling -Rath formula and see what a Nobel prizewinner said about getting and keeping coronary arteries and heart muscle healthy. One helpful book is by David Leake -A (Patented) Heart Disease Cure that Works

Comment

• ITA, Neckhammer & Otzi!
                5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Quantum biology now......

Comment

• Bump
                    Janeen

Comment

• I have tried LR couple of times but I start binging on carbs and give up on LR.. First time I tried LR I ate very low carbs (less than 20 gr a day) and lasted maybe a month before I binged. Last time I raised the carbs to 60 gr and lasted only few days till I started binging again. My BAB protein are between 50-70 gr. I don't eat any grains and sugar, but I binge on yogurt, honey and nuts. And by binge I means massive quantities of food in short time window. I am about 10 lb overweight so don't have much to lose. I know my hormones are out of whack as the binges usually happen around ovulation and 10 days before period. My cycles are usually 35-40 days. I am confused what to do. Should I go higher on carbs (keeping it primal) or go to VLC. I am thinking that perhaps my serotonin gets too low on VLC and that's why I binge. Thanks for you advise.

Comment

• Originally posted by moon7 View Post
                        I have tried LR couple of times but I start binging on carbs and give up on LR.. First time I tried LR I ate very low carbs (less than 20 gr a day) and lasted maybe a month before I binged. Last time I raised the carbs to 60 gr and lasted only few days till I started binging again. My BAB protein are between 50-70 gr. I don't eat any grains and sugar, but I binge on yogurt, honey and nuts. And by binge I means massive quantities of food in short time window. I am about 10 lb overweight so don't have much to lose. I know my hormones are out of whack as the binges usually happen around ovulation and 10 days before period. My cycles are usually 35-40 days. I am confused what to do. Should I go higher on carbs (keeping it primal) or go to VLC. I am thinking that perhaps my serotonin gets too low on VLC and that's why I binge. Thanks for you advise.
                        BRAIN GUT 6: EPI-PALEO Rx | Living an Optimized Life

goo.gl/Li4H6

In case you haven't looked into Iodine it might be a good idea.

tinyurl.com/iodine-references.com

You might also check out Stop the Thyroid Madness book and/or website. Iodine helps to balance hormones and may help you do what you want with the diet.

Epi-Paleo has plenty of Iodine, but because of the many toxins that use the same receptors as Iodine supplementation might be necessary to have sufficient levels.

Amazon.com: Lugol's Iodine Solution(2 oz.) Twin Pack(2 bot.): Everything Else

Amazon.com: Lugol's Iodine Solution 2.2% 1 Liter (33.8oz): Health & Personal Care

Amazon.com: ATP Cofactors

Amazon.com: Selenium (From L-Selenomethionine 200mcg) - 120 - Tablet: Health & Personal Care

There are a few other recommended co-supplements in Iodine guides I linked, but these are the ones I bought.

Are you deficient? - The Iodine Project

This is a list of things that Iodine deficiency can help lead to.
                        Height: 6'1"
                        Primal start date: July 1st 2011
                        Start Weight: 275
                        Current Weight: 248
                        Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
                        Body Fat 25.4%
                        Fat Mass 63.721
                        Fat Free Mass 74.6%
                        Fat Free Mass 187.087
                        Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
                        Total lost so far: 27 lbs

Comment

I have tried LR couple of times but I start binging on carbs and give up on LR.. First time I tried LR I ate very low carbs (less than 20 gr a day) and lasted maybe a month before I binged. Last time I raised the carbs to 60 gr and lasted only few days till I started binging again. My BAB protein are between 50-70 gr. I don't eat any grains and sugar, but I binge on yogurt, honey and nuts. And by binge I means massive quantities of food in short time window. I am about 10 lb overweight so don't have much to lose. I know my hormones are out of whack as the binges usually happen around ovulation and 10 days before period. My cycles are usually 35-40 days. I am confused what to do. Should I go higher on carbs (keeping it primal) or go to VLC. I am thinking that perhaps my serotonin gets too low on VLC and that's why I binge. Thanks for you advise.
                          BRAIN GUT 6: EPI-PALEO Rx | Living an Optimized Life

http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/...h%20Iodine.pdf

In case you haven't looked into Iodine it might be a good idea.

tinyurl.com/iodine-references.com

You might also check out Stop the Thyroid Madness book and/or website. Iodine helps to balance hormones and may help you do what you want with the diet.

Epi-Paleo has plenty of Iodine, but because of the many toxins that use the same receptors as Iodine supplementation might be necessary to have sufficient levels.

Amazon.com: Lugol's Iodine Solution(2 oz.) Twin Pack(2 bot.): Everything Else

http://www.amazon.com/Lugols-Iodine-...ords=Lugol%27s

Amazon.com: ATP Cofactors

Amazon.com: Selenium (From L-Selenomethionine 200mcg) - 120 - Tablet: Health & Personal Care

There are a few other recommended co-supplements in Iodine guides I linked, but these are the ones I bought.

Are you deficient? - The Iodine Project

This is a list of things that Iodine deficiency can help lead to.
                          Last edited by Raiken3712; 05-02-2013, 08:57 AM.
                          Body Fat 25.4%
                          Fat Mass 63.721
                          Fat Free Mass 74.6%
                          Fat Free Mass 187.087
                          Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)

Comment

• Thanks, Raiken3712.

My T3 Free is very low. TSH and T4 Free is normal. I don't feel tired or have any thyroid symptoms. From I read low T3 Free could be from low carb or low calories (I have been on alternative diet fasting JUDD on and off for a year).
                            Do you think I could benefit from iodine with low T3 Free?

Comment

Thanks, Raiken3712.

My T3 Free is very low. TSH and T4 Free is normal. I don't feel tired or have any thyroid symptoms. From I read low T3 Free could be from low carb or low calories (I have been on alternative diet fasting JUDD on and off for a year).
                              Do you think I could benefit from iodine with low T3 Free?
                              I think you could if you are deficient which sounds like it could be likely if Dr. Brownstein and others are right. In Dr. Brownstein's practice he mentions that over 90% of the people he sees are deficient. His reputation as someone who knows about the Thyroid and Iodine might draw people with Thyroid issues many of which would be caused by Iodine deficiency.

Still I think there is a good case for many us being deficient because of all the toxins present. Bromide in many different things, Fluoride in much of the water supply at least in the United States, Perchlorates etc... which all hinder Iodine use.

The Iodine guide I posted is from the Yahoo Iodine support group. It has information on the labs you can get a 24 hour urine load test from to determine sufficiency. They also recommend a bromide test to go along with it. A fluoride level might also be a good thing.
                              Body Fat 25.4%
                              Fat Mass 63.721
                              Fat Free Mass 74.6%
                              Fat Free Mass 187.087

Comment

• When is weight gain or no weight loss more than just a leptin issue?

I have been on the leptin reset for about 5 weeks now and I know that I have put on some weight (no scales for me). I am making sure to eat my big arse breakfast usually within 30 minutes but sometimes it is longer if I do not wake up earlier to take my thyroid meds. Keeping is low carb but how much, not sure since I am not tracking (eating disorder issue). I have not really started to workout yet, just some mowing and light walking and biking (trying to recover from an exercise addiction too).

I did just get 15 tubes of blood drawn for various test to see where a lot of the hormones are at. Thankfully I took my list of what blood tests I would like based on reading a bunch of Dr. Kruse’s blogs and my doctor agreed to all of them so we will see where they are at and hopefully I got most of them. I did not do the saliva cortisol one yet. I can send out for that one but even if the cortisol is messed up, the basic leptin reset should fix that right?

This may have been answered in another post on here but I am only through 136 of the 2186 that there are so please forgive me if this was answered already.

I am also trying the cold therogenisis right now. It is getting hot here and I do NOT do well in heat. I am hoping that the cold baths at night help me sleep better.

I am going to continue this since I am pretty sure that I really really messed up my hormones due to years of chronic undereater and over exercising and how can it hurt.

Thanks

Nicole

Comment

Working...
                                X