No announcement yet.

Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today reading the ct6 blog comments I noticed that Dr. K said he changed the title of the Evolution of Leptin RX blog to Cold Thermogenesis Protocol so that it's much easier to find when you search. Looks like the title in the url still has the old title of the page though.

THE COLD THERMOGENESIS PROTOCOL - Jack Kruse

Comment

• Thaiguy, while I sympathize, keep in mind that Doctor K isn't in the tropics, and much of this is based on his n=1 hacking on himself and his local patients, all in the same temperate climate. This stuff is evolving, once YOU figure out how it works for you, then you can share it and make it easy for the next person.

That said, he's made it pretty clear that you can get (sloooooooowly) cold adapted if you can just lower your skin temp one degree. Lower=better/faster and you should have the means...last time I was in Thailand, I seem to recall it had, well, a LOT of water. Swim.

Comment

• I'm nowhere near the ocean Croak, and my swimming pool is more chlorine than water! (It's on my complex, not mine, so I can't control that). I'm trying to do the iodine protocol, so kinda defeats the object if I'm exposing myself to so much chlorine!

One method I have for cooling off is to wet a sarong and then wrap it around myself, while sitting directly in the air-con. It's not FREEZING, neither is my shower water, but it certainly cools me down, especailly if I combine it with those blue ice packs too. I can do that whilst watching tv.
        SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
        “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Comment

• Morning!

I am up another 2 lbs this morning. I have now gained roughly 12 lbs since end of December and 2.7 cm in my thighs. Talked to my Lyme doc on Wednesday who thinks parasites are still an issue and they as well as possibly yeast are affecting my metabolism. I noticed Dr. K replied to someone on his blog who was asking if parasites could be an issue if LR and CT are not working. He said yes, also candida and that leaky gut is a tough one. So I am wondering if that's what's going on because I have been gaining roughly 2 lbs a week the last 3 weeks. No change in diet or exercise and never more than 20 grams of carbs in the form of veggies.

My doc is putting me on Biltricide (second time) then Ivermectin, Pyrantel pamoate, Albenza, and Alinia in that order. Wonder how that's going to make me feel and sure hope this will knock out whatever is going on in my gut.

I was also thinking about a functional deficiency as in toxins from bugs blocking thyroid receptors so thyroid hormones don't get to the cells where they need to go.

Thoughts?

~k
          Started Atkins:: 1996
          Started Paleo: 2003
          Illness Started: 2008
          Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
          Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
          Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

Comment

• Anyone else having trouble getting on Dr. K's blog? Want to make sure it's not just me.

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK77 View Post
              Anyone else having trouble getting on Dr. K's blog? Want to make sure it's not just me.
              not just you.

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                Going through some old posts of mine... what changes...

So glad I was wrong.

Ever wonder where my "expect the weird" motto comes from?

This really hit me. Jut before this thread started, I had posted a desperate plea for help with the sugar addiction, and got pages and pages of co-sufferers and suggestions for help. Many of them centered around ways to eliminate sugar 100% from my diet forever, and fruit, too, and maybe honey/nuts/sweetpotatoes, all forever, because they're triggers. I felt in my gut, always, that there would be a way to eliminate the cravings, that they didn't have to be with me, that I didn't have to fight them forever, that there had to be some way to make them shut up.

Thank you, Dr. Kruse.
                So fantastic! I'm so glad you are beyond those things!

We have all come through some pretty big milestones on each of our journeys. It is very helpful and inspiring to be along side you all on our trek to optimal.

Comment

• Ok.. This morning I woke up at 630, really 730 w/the time change ready to charge out of bed... this never happens... the only change - was teh addition to the progesterone last night... I put the cream on right before bed and took my usual melatonin, and mag.... I think tonight I'm going to try w/o the melatonin...

This has been the easiest spring forward in my entire life... focusing on all these circadian rhythms made it ezpz! Its so nice to wake up as the sun gets up...
                  The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
                  What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
                  SW 190lb
                  Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
                  25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                  1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                  GW ~135lbs
                  5'3"
                  Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

• Originally posted by kkcarlton View Post
                    Morning!

I am up another 2 lbs this morning. I have now gained roughly 12 lbs since end of December and 2.7 cm in my thighs. Talked to my Lyme doc on Wednesday who thinks parasites are still an issue and they as well as possibly yeast are affecting my metabolism. I noticed Dr. K replied to someone on his blog who was asking if parasites could be an issue if LR and CT are not working. He said yes, also candida and that leaky gut is a tough one. So I am wondering if that's what's going on because I have been gaining roughly 2 lbs a week the last 3 weeks. No change in diet or exercise and never more than 20 grams of carbs in the form of veggies.

My doc is putting me on Biltricide (second time) then Ivermectin, Pyrantel pamoate, Albenza, and Alinia in that order. Wonder how that's going to make me feel and sure hope this will knock out whatever is going on in my gut.

I was also thinking about a functional deficiency as in toxins from bugs blocking thyroid receptors so thyroid hormones don't get to the cells where they need to go.

Thoughts?

~k
                    as some one whos got the parasities and candida it will cause your progress on the LR to be very slow... you need to know which parasites you're targeting to make sure you've got them all... right now I'm adding both a candida and parasite cleans w/herbs to my plan of attack... as well as the DE...

but don't forget weight gain on the leptin reset is usually a sign of hormone imbalances.....
                    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
                    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
                    SW 190lb
                    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
                    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                    GW ~135lbs
                    5'3"
                    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Shijin13 View Post
                      Ok.. This morning I woke up at 630, really 730 w/the time change ready to charge out of bed... this never happens... the only change - was teh addition to the progesterone last night... I put the cream on right before bed and took my usual melatonin, and mag.... I think tonight I'm going to try w/o the melatonin...

This has been the easiest spring forward in my entire life... focusing on all these circadian rhythms made it ezpz! Its so nice to wake up as the sun gets up...
                      Gretchen,

Got my scripts in the mail yesterday too! Started my T3 this morning but not supposed to start progesterone until tomorrow. So I should use it at night then? They never said but I guess it would make more sense. I am so worried about gaining weight with the progesterone!!! I have read so many things about people gaining weight with it. I thought Dr. K said once you get your hormones checked and the ratios correct you lose weight?!

Comment

Got a pkg in the mail today..my BHRT! so tonight's the 1st night of Progesterone! Whoot! tomorrow am will be my first liothyronine and the tri-est...

I'm hoping to see some changes once this stuff gets on board... and couple it w/the CT I expect some major changes..
                        When I started using the Triest my stubborn fasting blood sugar went down by double digits to 84 after one week. It will be interesting to see your reaction to it. My progesterone was in a good range by supplementing it over a year with the over the counter Emerita Progest cream.
                        VLC since October 2011
                        Leptin reset since December 2011
                        CT since late February 2012

Starting weight: 152 lbs
                        Current weight: 147 lbs
                        Height: 5'4"

Comment

as some one whos got the parasities and candida it will cause your progress on the LR to be very slow... you need to know which parasites you're targeting to make sure you've got them all... right now I'm adding both a candida and parasite cleans w/herbs to my plan of attack... as well as the DE...

but don't forget weight gain on the leptin reset is usually a sign of hormone imbalances.....
                          Thanks...I've got the DE already and I am waiting on the meds to come in the mail. I ordered them from ADC since it was cheaper. I don't know which parasites I have. Last year with Metametrix I had E. nana and one unidentified parasite. This year with Diagnos-Techs I had none but that's not unusual since stool tests are pretty unreliable, even the one from Metametrix is not 100% accurate.

I am still trying to find someone for hormone balancing. I looked into seeing Paige Adams - the NP Dr. K recommended.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotOptimalYet View Post
                            When I started using the Triest my stubborn fasting blood sugar went down by double digits to 84 after one week. It will be interesting to see your reaction to it. My progesterone was in a good range by supplementing it over a year with the over the counter Emerita Progest cream.
                            Really? That's amazing! I was put on estrogen (BHRT) once because my estrogen was nearly non-existent when tested. Within a week of using it I thought I was going to go out of my mind. After 2 weeks I had put on a ton of weight and felt horribly estrogen dominant. They took me off of it and I started to feel better. That was 2007 and since then I am a bit concerned about trying it again although mine was low again when it was last tested earlier this year. The thing is, I occasionally get a blood test result that shows really low estrogen, but for the most part it's pretty high or high in relation to progesterone.

Comment

• I think that the E to Progest balance is most important for symptoms and weight balance. I have noticed that since adding in more milk thistle as well as CT, I feel some symptoms of E excess, where before the MT and cold, it felt pretty good. I think it is a work in progress, with dips and times of evenness, at least for me. I wish I had a little home lab tester, and could do regular testing to match the physical signs and sx with hormone levels. Always easier to remember when it is happening to you.

I think the weight gain fear with progesterone is when things are out of balance. I think that unopposed high E is much more likely to cause weight/fluid problems. Uzzi Reiss book good at clearly going through this stuff, smooth, easy reading with case examples.
                              Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
                              Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
                              Starting Weight: 174.8
                              CW:160.0 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by L8F View Post
                                I think that the E to Progest balance is most important for symptoms and weight balance. I have noticed that since adding in more milk thistle as well as CT, I feel some symptoms of E excess, where before the MT and cold, it felt pretty good. I think it is a work in progress, with dips and times of evenness, at least for me. I wish I had a little home lab tester, and could do regular testing to match the physical signs and sx with hormone levels. Always easier to remember when it is happening to you.

I think the weight gain fear with progesterone is when things are out of balance. I think that unopposed high E is much more likely to cause weight/fluid problems. Uzzi Reiss book good at clearly going through this stuff, smooth, easy reading with case examples.
                                Wouldn't that be nice? A little finger stick thingy like you have for blood sugar but to test sex hormones, FT3 and RT3, and O6/O3 ration when ever you want to at home.

Someone invent that and you could be a very rich person.
                                Last edited by kkcarlton; 03-11-2012, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X