Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sandie View Post
    Hi - I am still a bit of a newbie as far as leptin reset is concerned. I went Paleo in the first few weeks of January 2012 after trying to go vegan for a few years. With my iron levels almost non existent and my B12 levels extremely low, my doctor told me I had to go back to meat. My health has been improving since I started eating paleo and then I discovered the Leptin Reset and decided I should try it as I was getting quite round (BMI = 38). I have been following the Leptin Reset for 3 weeks now. I eat 50g of protein within 30 minutes of rising. It is hard eating that much in the morning but I am doing it. I have also cut all forms of sugar from my diet this past week. Previously I had been using stevia or splenda in coffee but have replaced it with fat. At first I thought the concept was crazy but it was amazing. I found that even the smallest amount of fake sugar caused outrageous cravings for sweets in me; I love the freedom I am experiencing right now. I track what I eat each day so that I can see what I am doing and try to keep my carbs between 25 and 50 grams, and cut out fruit for now. Also curbing my nut consumption. I usually consume somewhere between 1500 and 2000 calories each day. I have lost a total of 20 lbs since January. Everything seems to be working out really good ( except for falling off the wagon at a birthday party one weekend) but now I am finding that I am extremely tired. More so than normal. I have been going to sleep earlier and earlier. Getting up to 10 hours of sleep at night ( really sound sleep too) but still find myself getting tired again by the afternoon. I try to keep going through the day and end up heading to bed early again. What has happened to my energy? Is this a normal part of the Leptin Reset? Am I doing something wrong? Or maybe I just have a bug? I don't exercise much right now other than a slow walk around the block due to an injured foot. Any recommendations?
    More protein and fat for breakfast will carry you through with energy. Also your body is still adjusting to being a fat burning machine from a sugar and carb burning machine and it may rebel and cause feeling a little bit bad and fatigue. Stay with it. Optimal health is not far down the road. Expect a BMI of 23 soon and plant that into your brain as doable and do not let anyone or anything stand in the way of you achieving that. You are in control of your health. Expect an A+ grade in health. Do not settle for ordinary..a C or B grade.

    In this process, read Dr K's blog on cold thermogenesis 1, 2, 3 and rewiring the Leptin RX and The evolution of the Leptin Reset.
    The other two things to do is combine the Leptin Reset Protocol to the protocol for healing your leaky gut. These three concepts will take you far towards optimal health.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
      If the HCl is causing nausea, it means *you're* making enough on your own. So your total level won't go down once you stop.

      That said, when I stopped, two months later I find I'm able to tolerate huge quantities of it again. Apparently I'm *not* making it on my own any longer. I've never heard of that happening with anyone else, so I'm at a loss for it.
      Actually that happened to me too! I used to take it about a year ago and the same thing happened - I started getting nauseous several hours after meals. I eventually realized it was the HCL, so I stopped. I was just eating sauerkraut before meals to make sure I was still producing enough HCL, but eventually that ended up not being enough, which is why I started taking it again.

      Hmmm . . . wonder if Dr. K can give us any insight into why this would happen.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
        Lamb is much more mild than beef. Goat is, too. Of course, quality matters. Pastured goat & lamb that I get from Peaceful Pastures in TN is FAR more mild than any I've ever had in evene the finest of restaurants.

        I typically marinate in lemon, strip any remaining membranes, slice thinly - VERY - , dust with salt/pepper/garlic/cumin/maybe coconut flour, lightly fry in bacon grease with bell pepper strips and/or onions. DO NOT OVERCOOK! Rubbery liver is gross! THen I cook some steaks and tell everyone I'll bring out the steaks after all the liver is gone.
        This sounds delish! I love liver and am always looking for new ways to prepare it. One of my earlier questions was about whether or not coconut yogurt is ok. I know oil is, but what about the coconut flour? Dr. K mentioned in the podcast today that bananas are not the smartest choice of foods during winter. I get that, but doesn't that rule out coconut products then too?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
          Lamb is much more mild than beef. Goat is, too. Of course, quality matters. Pastured goat & lamb that I get from Peaceful Pastures in TN is FAR more mild than any I've ever had in evene the finest of restaurants.

          I typically marinate in lemon, strip any remaining membranes, slice thinly - VERY - , dust with salt/pepper/garlic/cumin/maybe coconut flour, lightly fry in bacon grease with bell pepper strips and/or onions. DO NOT OVERCOOK! Rubbery liver is gross! THen I cook some steaks and tell everyone I'll bring out the steaks after all the liver is gone.
          Thanks! The lamb I have is from pastured only grass fed droper lambs in SDakota. I ONLY buy grass feed meats or my BF shoots them in the wild. I'm going to puree some of the liver and add it to my burgers for my BABs. I try not to overcook anything and have two thermometers to test if I don't like the reading on one. Most of our meat is eaten rare to med-rare and I have no intention of liver that has been disguised as rubber. Unfortunately, that's my mom's way of cooking: she burned toast even and for Thanksgiving we had turkey jerky EVERY YEAR! She was a great mom, most of my friends wanted my little health nut mom as their own, but dang, she could not cook!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Patty Cakes View Post
            This is the one I use and last time tested my B12 was 1600! So I believe this one definitely gets into the system.
            Thanks, hazyjane and patty cakes! How much do you take?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by hazyjane View Post
              This one looks really good and dissolves super fast (I've tried samples of this brand):
              Superior Source, MicroLingual, Methylcobalamin B12, 5000 mcg, 60 Tablets - iHerb.com

              I use their B-complex. Just so you know, the first ingredient is lactose. I think it is so very, very tiny, it doesn't matter, but others may feel differently. A disolving tablet will usually either use fructose or lactose.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Patty Cakes View Post
                Thanks! The lamb I have is from pastured only grass fed droper lambs in SDakota. I ONLY buy grass feed meats or my BF shoots them in the wild. I'm going to puree some of the liver and add it to my burgers for my BABs. I try not to overcook anything and have two thermometers to test if I don't like the reading on one. Most of our meat is eaten rare to med-rare and I have no intention of liver that has been disguised as rubber. Unfortunately, that's my mom's way of cooking: she burned toast even and for Thanksgiving we had turkey jerky EVERY YEAR! She was a great mom, most of my friends wanted my little health nut mom as their own, but dang, she could not cook!
                Patty Cakes, what town in South Dakota do you get the lamb from? I live in Mitchell...My husband and I are looking into raising lambs as a way to diversify our beef operation. I love lamb!
                Last edited by PaleoCowgirl; 02-27-2012, 02:24 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DrMommyN View Post
                  I use their B-complex. Just so you know, the first ingredient is lactose. I think it is so very, very tiny, it doesn't matter, but others may feel differently. A disolving tablet will usually either use fructose or lactose.
                  Thanks for the heads up. I'm allergic to dairy, so this is a no go for me. Thanks again.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by PaleoCowgirl View Post
                    Thanks for the heads up. I'm allergic to dairy, so this is a no go for me. Thanks again.
                    Try the Jarrow Methyl B-12 lozenges, no dairy or gluten. My level jumped from 400s to 1300 after a few days of sups...

                    Since my level jumped up (also have been using Betaine which I am sure was additive) I am now using it every other day.
                    Last edited by L8F; 02-27-2012, 02:30 PM.
                    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
                    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
                    Starting Weight: 174.8
                    CW:160.0 lbs

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Patty Cakes View Post
                      My question is about mushrooms.....If we have candida to they feed the candida or is a different type of fungus and the two are not tied together in any way. Mushrooms add so much flavor to a dish but I stayed away from them for a while. I know they are good in Vit B and some minerals but just checking others thoughts on the measly mushroom. Thanks!
                      No, mushrooms don't feed candida (in face, some medicinal mushrooms like reishi help kill it). Nutritional yeast also doesn't "feed" candida, though some people with candida develop a cross-reaction to yeast and vinegar.
                      http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by PaleoCowgirl View Post
                        Thanks, hazyjane and patty cakes! How much do you take?
                        I used to take one a day. Then I had that 1600 reading so I backed off to about twice a week. Now I have decided (after doing some research) that is not a bad number just because it is really high so I am back to one a day.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TXLady View Post
                          I am new to MDA and have been reading a whole lot. Do you mind explaining what you mean by HMD for metal detoxing. I have a daughter diagnosed as allergic to yeast...not sure how that relates but trying to learn all that I can. Thanks!!
                          HMD is a heavy metal detox product that helps cells to excrete lead, mercury, aluminum, etc. and then binds them and they are then excreted through the urine. Some people have a really hard time getting rid of candida. Usually they have a heavy metal problem and it's suppressing their immune system while allowing the candida to flourish (making it that much harder to kill).

                          Your daughter's allergy is probably leaky-gut related.
                          Last edited by hazyjane; 02-27-2012, 02:59 PM.
                          http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by PaleoCowgirl View Post
                            Patty Cakes, what town in South Dakota do you get the lamb from? I live in Mitchell...My husband and I are looking into raising lambs as a way to diversify our beef operation. I love lamb!
                            The farm is Dakota Harvest Farm and they are out of Jefferson. They are American Grass-fed Certified (in case that means anything). I bought miscellaneous cuts but I know they sell half and whole lambs. I spoke with the owner as well as had some email contact and he was super nice and accommodating. I think they also sell at some farmers markets. Dakota Harvest Farm

                            I'm in San Diego so I had to pay for shipping but even with all costs it was still less expensive. The lamb liver was $3.00/lb. We love lamb and buy what we can from our local stores that is grass fed but I'm really strict about it being 100% grass fed and some people just have no clue what they are selling. I won't buy then.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by hazyjane View Post
                              HMD is a heavy metal detox product that helps cells to excrete lead, mercury, aluminum, etc. and then binds them and they are then excreted through the urine. Some people have a really hard time getting rid of candida. Usually they have a heavy metal problem and it' suppressing their immune system while allowing the candida to flourish (making it that much harder to kill).

                              Your daughter's allergy is probably leaky-gut related.
                              I imagine you are correct. Now to just get her the info she needs to start fixing it. Thanks a bunch.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by L8F View Post
                                Try the Jarrow Methyl B-12 lozenges, no dairy or gluten. My level jumped from 400s to 1300 after a few days of sups...

                                Since my level jumped up (also have been using Betaine which I am sure was additive) I am now using it every other day.
                                That's great to hear! I just got my Jarrow Methyl B12 (5000 mcg) today and I have two of them under my tongue right now I'm also taking sublingual methylfolate with it (I had and probably still have macrocytic anemia, which is often also folate-related). I'm going to get my levels of both tested soon.
                                http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X