Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaleoCowgirl View Post

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. My Paragard appt. is March 1, so I have a little time to decide...
    FYI, I had a copper IUD for a few months, it was one of the most terrible experiences in terms of monthly pain... I bled three times as much, was bed-bound for 5 days despite high-dose Ibuprofen (which then gave me an ulcer...), became anemic...

Also, keep in mind that your body ABSORBS copper. We need copper... but too much is really bad...
    I would never put a piece of copper inside of me again.

Comment

• Originally posted by souldanzer View Post
      I've been on Iodoral (now on Lugol's) for 2 years. No improvement.
      How much Iodoral have you been taking? I have chronic sinus issues and when I hit 100MG of iodine I had a MASSIVE diet off. My sinuses got crazy painful and crap started pouring out of my nose and I was coughing up crap from my lungs, too. I still have more work to do but the VERY HIGH dose made a huge difference for me with the sinuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDW View Post
        Yep... the LadyComp is great but if your temps are really all over the place you are going to end up with lots of yellow and red lights which wouldn't give you much insight. How all over are we talking? Have you hand charted temps?
        I have been hand-charting temps for the last couple weeks. My range is typically in the 96-97, with occasional dips into the 95s and rarely ever over 98. Is that too sporadic to chart, or is that range something LadyComp would recognize? I'm going to call the company now and see what I can find out.

Comment

FYI, I had a copper IUD for a few months, it was one of the most terrible experiences in terms of monthly pain... I bled three times as much, was bed-bound for 5 days despite high-dose Ibuprofen (which then gave me an ulcer...), became anemic...

Also, keep in mind that your body ABSORBS copper. We need copper... but too much is really bad...
          I would never put a piece of copper inside of me again.
          Good to know! I've been putting in weeks of research on this option, and the more I learn, the more scared I get! I actually get nauseous and light-headed thinking about insertion. I'm really hopeful for the LadyComp option, but I definitely need to research more. What are you using now, may I ask?

Comment

• COLD THERMOGENESIS TWO - Jack Kruse

Comment

• Originally posted by RBee View Post
              Believe me, I tried. I'm getting pretty discouraged with trying to talk doctors into blood tests...esp when I am paying for them. Right now just trying to fill in with what they wouldn't check on the lab request.
              I spent an hour on the phone with my husbands heart doctor's nurse today. He had his yearly check up today. He had a heart attack 5 years ago at the ripe old age of 53 (His dad died at age 42 of massive coronary). He had 2 stents put in. So, after he comes home and told me they changed his blood pressure meds and statins, I called and wanted them to order a VAT blood lipid. He eats pretty well, is not overweight. He has been having trouble with muscle pain and weakness. So the doc changes his statin. I had to argue with him to order the VAT...was told it is a waste of money since he can't do anything with the results. Shit, it is MY fecking money, let me waste it.
              So got them to ok it albeit grudgingly. He has to wait a month and a half.
              Well, I'm cranky as hell now, trying to figure out these labs for me too. Trying to take care of him and me and I got a hell of a headache. And my stress is messing up my cortisol now. LOL
              I would say forget VAT, or pay your own $$ for it. But at this point you already know that it
              will be screwed by statins so worthless.

More important
              not to use statins, but add 300mg CoQ10 (the right kind) maybe more
              and
              full bore
              Steroid Hormone Panel adjustment
              plus
              paleo diet
              circadian rhythm
              Cold Thermogenesis

I got a hell of a headache.

that some call migraine, in any case nothing pleasant

straighten up your

p/e values and ratio

and
              make sure that you do not start with progesterone.

////////////////

colleencolbie said that she feels the best at

progesterone =15ng/mL (flat year in year out)

this may be little high (try 13ng/mL=40nmol/L first)

Latter you may want do some refining, this is first goal.

///////
              Last edited by JanSz; 02-22-2012, 10:20 AM.
              Leptin For Dummies http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

Comment

I have been hand-charting temps for the last couple weeks. My range is typically in the 96-97, with occasional dips into the 95s and rarely ever over 98. Is that too sporadic to chart, or is that range something LadyComp would recognize? I'm going to call the company now and see what I can find out.
                Ya know what might help... why don't you go on over to Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting and sign up for a free account. There you can enter your temps and it will chart it, provide a cover-line, and we could take a peek and see what it looks like! You can be wild in temps but regular with your wild temps, does that make sense? Before Ovulation you might be wildly fluctuating in the 96-97 range and then after O, you might fluctuate between 96.5 and 98.

Are you taking your temp before doing anything? Even moving? At the same time every day? Also, I had very wild temps because I slept with my mouth open for a while and then I started temping vaginally and they were actually rock solid. Vaginal temping really gives a clearer picture although you can't temp vaginally with LadyComp. I have a LC and it's no better than basal and Fertility Friend in truth.

Also, go grab the book called "Take Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It is an AMAZING in depth look at the female reproductive cycle and what it can tell you about your health.

Comment

Ya know what might help... why don't you go on over to Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting and sign up for a free account. There you can enter your temps and it will chart it, provide a cover-line, and we could take a peek and see what it looks like! You can be wild in temps but regular with your wild temps, does that make sense? Before Ovulation you might be wildly fluctuating in the 96-97 range and then after O, you might fluctuate between 96.5 and 98.

Are you taking your temp before doing anything? Even moving? At the same time every day? Also, I had very wild temps because I slept with my mouth open for a while and then I started temping vaginally and they were actually rock solid. Vaginal temping really gives a clearer picture although you can't temp vaginally with LadyComp. I have a LC and it's no better than basal and Fertility Friend in truth.

Also, go grab the book called "Take Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It is an AMAZING in depth look at the female reproductive cycle and what it can tell you about your health.
                  + 1 here big time. Lady comp is just mechanized temp interpretation. Our eye is way better once you know what to look for. Fertility Friend is GREAT website, and you can get opinions of lots of people on there on how to interpret. I will be happy to help with looking at your chart. If you want to PM me I can give you my login to check out my charts to see what someone else looks like, or you can go to their "chart gallery" and look at a thousand of them. I have been doing this for 4 years, and have very irregular cycles, and it is wildly helpful. If I didn't do this I might have thought I had an ovulation issue, but there is much more to it than just that. Done it for 4 years straight.
                  Since LR btw, my temps have massively stabilized, identical temps to 100th of a degree for 6 days in a row, unheard of for me before. Also, timing is important for some people, and if you vary the time you wake, you might get rocky temps...
                  Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
                  Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
                  Starting Weight: 174.8
                  CW:160.0 lbs

Comment

Good to know! I've been putting in weeks of research on this option, and the more I learn, the more scared I get! I actually get nauseous and light-headed thinking about insertion. I'm really hopeful for the LadyComp option, but I definitely need to research more. What are you using now, may I ask?
                    Abstinence, LOL! Not by choice. Though JanSz told me that I wouldn't even feel like it if I had the choice, according to my hormones

I had it removed after about 5 months I think of excruciating pain, even my partner at the time was done with it b/c it didn't do our relationship any good.

We then switched to a combination of natural methods, I wasn't charting but I know my bodily changes pretty well, so know when I'm ovulating (observing mucus changes works well) and using condoms. During the days I knew I was fertile, we doubled up, condom and withdrawal/tantric methods to suppress ejaculation.

I think in the future I will use a more sophisticated method of charting/temperature/mucus, possibly one of those little computers to back it up, and withdrawal/tantric methods.

I would have to do more research on the "snip" before i'd ask my partner to do something like that. But that's an option I keep in mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by CMHFFEMT View Post
                      I have an interesting question. Has anyone doing the cold thermogenesis stuff noticed an increase in strength? I increased my overhead press from 170 for 3 reps last workout to 215 for five reps this workout. This is insane to me. It was crazy I just kept adding weight and it kept going up. I am way pass newb gaines but that is what it felt like. The only thing I can think of I have changed is the cold showers and baths. Just curious if anyone else has seen anything similar?
                      you will ...........and soon you will know why

Comment

• Originally posted by hazyjane View Post
                        Patty, I really recommend Dr. Kharrazian's book if you don't have it. I can't stress enough that for Hashi's patients, even when their labs are "normal", if the immune system isn't being modulated, damage is usually being done by the immune system to other parts of the body- usually the heart, brain (brain inflammation/brain fog), hair follicles and often, the joints (ever notice how many Hashi's people also have RA?)
                        It's not a thyroid disease. If it was, meds would totally do the trick (and usually don't). It's an immune system disease that just happens to target the thyroid and it usually moves on to other tissues... it can even persist after the thyroid is removed.

It breaks my heart to read so many stories of Hashi's patients who are still suffering so many symptoms despite being "treated".
                        Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)

/

Comment

I have posted this in another thread, but I would love all thoughts on this birth control method. My biggest question is since I'm not cycling (after having been on the pill for six years) and my basal temps all crazy because of my thyroid and adrenal issues, does this option look like it would be reliable for someone like me?

Dr. K? What are your views on birth control, the reset and living a primal life? I'm considering a copper IUD (non-hormonal or this Lady Comp digital reader.)

Lady Comp** - Fertility and Ovulation*

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. My Paragard appt. is March 1, so I have a little time to decide...
                          Another thing that might be helpful in figuring out what your temps mean is the book "The Infertility Cure", by Randine Lewis. She takes a Chinese medicine approach and details how each graph pattern when you chart your temps means something different- for example, temps that form a jagged sawtooth pattern indicate a liver energy imbalance (I had this and it lines up with what my acupuncturist diagnosed me with).
                          http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by 'ninja' View Post
                            Thanks. I guess I missed that :/

I would do baths if I could, trust me, but there is no bathtub where I am staying. Only a shower. So I'm wondering how long I have to stay in the shower (and where I should direct the water) to make it effective...or if it's even worth bothering since it's not a bath. Same with Ice packs. I just take a bag, fill it with water, and then put it in the freezer.
                            I'm trying to follow along with all this CT talk, but I'm just not getting it. Sorry - brain fog is one of my worst symptoms. So can someone please explain to me what we're talking about when you refer to the brown and white fat? And where exactly should we be putting the ice packs? For how long? Thanks!

Comment

Thx a lot Jan.

That doc is a lost cause I just went to get labs. I will get a more complete panel with next set of labs on day 3 of cycle.

I was wondering about progesterone being at the very low end of the scale. Considering my history of AN, I’m thinking I might have pregnenolone steal going on and my cortisol running high. That would go along with stubborn low D, high LDL (but hey, can anyone beat my HDL @ 106 ), high hbA1c, and constant feeling of electrolyte imbalances. Thyroid should show high rT3? DHEA low? Pregnenolone might or might not be low, depending on how well my body converts LDL?

Very curious about alpha-MSH. I eat like it’s too low but I look like it’s too high!

Do I supplement with pregnenolone to improve low progesterone even if pregnenolone isn’t low (just gets all stolen for cortisol)?

What's best to do until new labs, sit in a cold bath as much as possible? Or should I start taking stuff to correct it? Both?
                              Try to not supplement with progesterone directly (at least not right away, but make real serious effort in that direction).
                              Your DHEAs may need attention FIRST.

Always monitor more complete Steroid Panel,
                              not just individual steroid hormones.

Comment

How much Iodoral have you been taking? I have chronic sinus issues and when I hit 100MG of iodine I had a MASSIVE diet off. My sinuses got crazy painful and crap started pouring out of my nose and I was coughing up crap from my lungs, too. I still have more work to do but the VERY HIGH dose made a huge difference for me with the sinuses.
                                between 12.5 and 50mg

I'm heading for the 12.5mg maintenance dose. Not even sure I want to do that much once I get rid of Fibrocystic Breast Disease. Which I'm starting to think is really caused by my screwed up hormones and not (only) iodine.

If everything else iodine-wise is fine in my body, I'm not sure I want to douse myself with iodine just for the anti-bacterial/fungal effect. Might get rid of the overgrowth but what else is it going to do. I realize you can say the same about RX anti-fungals.

Comment

Working...
                                X