No announcement yet.

Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just posted this on a separate thread, but here's a list I've been compiling of higher protein foods (no clue why the spacing does it's own thing):

Food/ Amount/ Protein

Beef liver 295g/10.4oz= 78g
    Beef heart 257g/9oz= 73g
    Sirloin steak/roast 227g/8oz= 70g
    Filet Mignon 227g/8oz= 48g
    Round roast 170g/6oz= 50g
    Ground round 113g/4oz= 22g
    Ground sirloin 113g/4oz= 23g
    Ground chuck 113g/4oz= 26g

Ham 113g/4oz= 16g
    Pork roast 142g/5oz= 29g
    Pork loin 113g/4oz= 25g
    Pork chop 113g/4oz= 23g

Lamb-leg 113g/4oz= 31g
    Lamb-Ground 113g/4oz= 28g
    Lamb Chop 85g/3oz= 18g

Chicken heart 227g/8oz= 38g
    Chicken gizzard 227g/8oz= 44g
    Chicken liver 100g/3.5oz= 17g

Cod/firm white fish 85/3oz= 20g
    Salmon 85/3oz= 17g
    Smoked salmon 57g/2oz= 15g
    Smoked trout 100g/3.5oz= 18g
    Kipper-canned 90g/3.2oz= 18g
    Shrimp 113g/4oz= 18g

Egg one large= 6g
    Egg white one large= 4g

Cottage Cheese 124g/ ˝ cup= 12g
    (Breakstone)
    Greek Yogurt-Fage 227g/ 1cup= 20g
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Comment

• Does anyone else feel like they could eat a cow by the time they get home doing this? When I time this out, I'm eating at the opportune time for me but I feel like I could a ton of food at dinner.
      Georgette

Comment

• I've been eating less at dinner. Didn't have much of a lunch today, either. And it was 8 hours after breakfast. Part of that was getting distracted with work. I forgot until my stomach started to yell at me. But part of it was having more meat than usual at breakfast, I think.

Comment

• @geostump if that is the case you need to eat more at breakfast......sure sign youre leptin resistant still

Comment

• Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
            @geostump if that is the case you need to eat more at breakfast......sure sign youre leptin resistant still
            I ate 3 eggs with 2 oz chorizo, about 2-3 oz beef tips and then 2 oz of beef round. I could barely finish it. Not sure how I can eat more?
            Georgette

Comment

• you need too stick with it....... this AM I ate four eggs and 12 oz of steak. Just ate dinner. Nothing for lunch. Was not even that hungry. ate small portion. Five years ago I would have ate dinner twice and a half gallon of ice cream

Comment

• Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
                you need too stick with it....... this AM I ate four eggs and 12 oz of steak. Just ate dinner. Nothing for lunch. Was not even that hungry. ate small portion. Five years ago I would have ate dinner twice and a half gallon of ice cream
                Been at it for 2 weeks this week. I was so full this morning that for awhile I felt ill. I also walk on my breaks at work for stress relief. Should I stop the walking at all?
                Georgette

Comment

• if you still have problems in a week get salivary cortisol done at zrtlabs.com I posted on FB wall today I had two spine patients come in with thess results........9 months 34 yrs old 82 lbs down. No pain in back no surgery. 67 y/o man in 6 months 54 lbs down.......back pain down 80%. Is still holding off surgery. In five years........I can avoid most surgery if your willing to change your thoughts on diet.

Comment

• no walk......and maybe lift a bit.

Comment

• heavy weight low reps

Comment

• I know I'm under stress so the salivary cortisol test won't tell me something I don't already know and I can't afford that at all right now. What about bodyweight exercises? I'm about 200 lbs so that's a heavy weight. BTW, I have been losing inches. Not sure how much but my clothing has gotten baggy.
                        Georgette

Comment

• I do already feel better just that some nights I do get some extreme hunger.
                          Georgette

Comment

• I get hungry, but then eat less than I feel like I'm going to want to. I love this, I love the freedom from cravings. Tonight, there was some sugar in some green beans I got with bbq (I ate with no sauce). I was able to decide to jut not eat them. They didn't taste that good.

I am still fatigued which could be from a myriad of reasons. I am hoping to get some rest and be ready to start weight lifting next week.
                            My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• I'm able to better gauge how much food I need at lunch and dinner, I don't eat more than one serving. I keep wondering if I add a half cup yo 1 cup of cottage cheese to what I eat in the morning if that would help right now. I feel like I eat so much already.
                              Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                                I'm able to better gauge how much food I need at lunch and dinner, I don't eat more than one serving. I keep wondering if I add a half cup yo 1 cup of cottage cheese to what I eat in the morning if that would help right now. I feel like I eat so much already.
                                Is there much fat in what you're currently eating? I found I had to cut out some fat to get more protein without being stuffed. Though it looks like you should be at 50g from what you posted. Maybe it just takes time to adjust.

Comment

Working...
                                X