Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by souldanzer View Post
    Cold Thermogenesis Blog Quote:

You don't want to pass out from reduced blood flow to your brain while your body is re-learning to be cold.
    and you body is in a bathtub full of water.

Whitney Houston type of ending
    for a totally different reasons.

-------
    Leptin For Dummies http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

Comment

• Ok. This thread is an awesome resource, but is there an ongoing Kruse LR thread that is a little easier to follow? How are people navigating this thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
        read todays post.......and see why questioning things is wise
        THE REWARDING FEELING OF SAFE STARCHES - Jack Kruse
        Thanks. Just finished it. Yes, I agree. Questioning things led me to lurk here last year.
        Discussion of eating plans, nutrition, health research, etc, with respect at this link

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernadette View Post
          Ok. This thread is an awesome resource, but is there an ongoing Kruse LR thread that is a little easier to follow? How are people navigating this thing?
          This link will help you navigate & will save you a LOT of time:
          http://tinyurl.com/Dr-Kruse-References

Grizz

Comment

• one quick question. is there a primal dating thread...or better yet leptin dating thread ...just wondering. i'm looking for some primal meat.

Comment

• Originally posted by JanSz View Post
              The whole country is paralyzed by union bosses and few other ideologists and "organizers".

We pay for medical insurance
              and
              go to doctors who take cash.
              --------------
              64% of my taxes go to "school" (that school is a joke, mediocre teachers can newer be fired)
              but
              to get education child have to go to private school and pay cash

county tax----$1066
              local tax------$2094
              school tax-----$6200
              other taxes----xxx
              total tax-------9753.17

And I still have to hire private contractor to get some types of garbage out.
              And I do not have children in school.
              --------
              ...all legitimate rights have one thing in common: they are rights to action, not to rewards from other people....

There is a right to equal opportunity
              but
              not right to equal rewards

some people are just lucky or (plain) smarter that others,
              nice way to say that stupid must not be rewarded

what you reward-----you get more of it

My residential taxes in NY look are even worse, by 3K more. My daughter in VA has a nicer house and pays 4K in total.
              Not really sure what I am paying for and why I am paying so much.
              VLC since October 2011
              Leptin reset since December 2011
              CT since late February 2012

Starting weight: 152 lbs
              Current weight: 147 lbs
              Height: 5'4"

Comment

• There is a Leptin Rx January February thread - look for that!

Originally posted by souldanzer View Post
                Dr. K commented somewhere that Kombucha can cause Herxheimer reactions but I somehow doubt that's what's happening to me... since I started taking 200 billion strength probiotics and am just fine?

I also put minimal caffeine in my sweet tea. And I ferment the heck out of it, so no sugar rush either.
                Kombucha has not just bacterial fermentation, but yeast, as well, so there can be some reactions you don't get from probiotics alone. It's still a mystery to me, too.

Originally posted by natural_girl View Post
                HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH! I turned 40 in January and feel like this is my year too both personally & professionally.....in many ways I feel like my life just began!
                I'm not 30 this year, but I had one of my worst ever days on 12/31, and a strong, strong sense on 1/1/12 that this is MY year for recovery.

Originally posted by L8F View Post
                Can tell cause of the way that people treat me that it is not just in my head. When opposite sex strangers smile and offer to help you with this or that, it is not usually cause you are a good person!!

Yesterday I was browsing some WAP-friendly vendors at a conference, trying to ignore the "miracle tree!" MLM table by me, and one of the creepy MLM guys says, "Did you get some of our materials?" I picked up a newspaper to get him to leave me alone and he says, "No, take this one. That one's for weight loss" ... looks me up and down ... "You definitely don't look like you need that one."

Originally posted by cjco View Post
                OK, I have a looong way to go, just going by how i feel-no labs yet. BUT, I have to say every now and then, I feel a flicker of the fire I used to feel. I remember feeling like I was on fire and alive, happy and strong and somewhere in the past couple of years that slipped away. I found myself dancing with my son to the radio last night after dinner and again this morning.
                This is big. . It's the beginning of the end of the pit. It's coming!

Originally posted by kkcarlton View Post
                Question for you wise folks - tomorrow ends my 6th week on the leptin reset. I didn't expect to be leptin sensitive by now since I have a lot going on, but I haven't noticed any changes at all. My sleep is pretty bad, energy is low, some days are better than others but overall feel fatigued, skin is very dry, pee smells the same, have gained fat in my thighs and belly, very, very hungry, no cravings most of the time but didn't have them before, mood is up and down, etc. Shouldn't I be seeing *some* changes by now or am I being unrealistic?
                You have a lot to heal. Me, too, although you probably have even more. I don't understand the lack of solving the hunger, but it doesn't surprise me a ton you're not having the end of the others.

I just marked 8 months on the reset, lol!
                5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by cjco View Post
                  How about ringing in ears? I've had a little bit for a little while. But, it has really ramped up. I'm wondering if it could be one of my supplements. All I take right now are Probiotics, Kriaxanthin, Vit D and LOTS of vitamin C. Anyone else experience this?
                  Sometimes people with thyroid issues have ringing in the ears that can be minimal and periodic to severe and all the time. I can't remember if you are one of the many thyroiders on here. I will get it so rarely that I don't really even notice it (once every several months). Otherwise, I don't know anything else about tinnitus.

Comment

• Originally posted by L8F View Post
                    Ok Jan, all I can say is that I laughed out loud while eating breakfast, picturing you marching around your neighborhood with the cop stopping you. Hysterical! and also great that he/she was interested in your knowledge.

About darkness 365 nights per year, and the merits, there is a fertility theory that you can influence ovulation and adjust your cycle (via ovulation induction) by using a night light or opening the blinds on certain nights of the month. Obviously, like MamaG described, timing with moon makes clearest evolutionary sense. Also, think of egg farmers who put a night light in the laying room for chickens, and they ovulate (lay egg) more than once a day (kind of creepy) when exposed to 24 hour light. It really seems to be a powerful hormone signal, light at night I mean.
                    Also looking at an egg induces chicken to lay another one next to it.

We had artificial eggs laying in nests for that purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by piano-doctor-lady View Post
                      The Brownstein iodine people say fibroids can be fixed by improving iodine levels. Estrogen apparently slows the conversion of T4 to T3, so estrogen dominance and hypothyroid symptoms can be linked. (I'm taking 4 drops of 2% Lugol's every day now, with selenium, zinc, and NAC -- will wait a week and move to five drops.)
                      iodine is no magic cure......the real problem is if you have a leaky gut all the other mineral things follow.......stop focusing in on the third steps and fix the damn gut!

Comment

• Originally posted by souldanzer View Post
                        or maybe shrink, since the cold would burn the mostly fatty tissue...
                        somebody is paying attn.......

Comment

• iodine

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                          Dr. Brownstein recommends staying at 50mg for 6 months to drive out ALL of the toxins, then drop back to 1-iodoral daily for maintenance.

there is not much of it in kelp

/

Comment

• Originally posted by lookingforanswers View Post
                            Dr. K (or anyone who may know) - I've seen you suggest IV glutathione may be necessary for those suffering with extreme leaky gut. If one can't find a doc who does this is it possible to get the same effect from a patch or cream?

I recently read Suzanne Somers' book and she mentioned a patch and I've read a lot about Dr. Kharrazian's glutathione cream as well. Anyone familiar with either of these products? They are really pricey, so I wanted to make sure they're worth it before I invest.
                            Anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by kkcarlton View Post
                              Question for you wise folks - tomorrow ends my 6th week on the leptin reset. I didn't expect to be leptin sensitive by now since I have a lot going on, but I haven't noticed any changes at all. My sleep is pretty bad, energy is low, some days are better than others but overall feel fatigued, skin is very dry, pee smells the same, have gained fat in my thighs and belly, very, very hungry, no cravings most of the time but didn't have them before, mood is up and down, etc. Shouldn't I be seeing *some* changes by now or am I being unrealistic?
                              KK, how recent is your avatar picture? Just looking at that, I'd say you were LS already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Croak View Post
                                KK, how recent is your avatar picture? Just looking at that, I'd say you were LS already.
                                2004 or 2005. Sure wish I felt that good right now.
                                Started Atkins:: 1996
                                Started Paleo: 2003
                                Illness Started: 2008
                                Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
                                Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
                                Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
                                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

Comment

Working...
                                X