• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JanSz View Post
    1999 Penfolds Grange Syrah
    Syrah: 750ml
    $249.99
    4 bottles in stock
    1999 Penfolds Grange Syrah

you buy em.......fly to Nashville we drink them and Ill cook for you and you get to spend a full day picking my brain........that is cheaper than my going rate for a bio hack too........but some how I think I might enjoy your company over good juice.......to give you that discount. LOL
    Last edited by DigitalSurgeon; 02-18-2012, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
      you buy em.......fly to Nashville we drink them and Ill cook for you and you get to spend a full day picking my brain........that is cheaper than my going rate for a bio hack too........but some how I think I might enjoy your company over good juice.......to give you that discount. LOL
      Jeez, I wish I could do that!

Comment

• I've been wondering, is it really congruent to sleep in total darkness every night? Wouldn't we have evolved to sleep under the influence of the changing light of the moon, even if it was just a little light?

I live where there are no street lights, or any lights at all. Would it be a good idea to sleep with the blinds open to the night sky?

Comment

What is your going rate for a biohack, anyway?
          BTW, if you ever want to host a wine and dark chocolate tasting, I know who to hook you up with
          http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

• y'all were CHATTY today!

Originally posted by WeAreDevo View Post
            Question to the ladies out there...how long did it take to notice the effects? What did you notice first? I think I have put on a few pounds which is a bummer. Did that happen to anyone else? Has anyone noticed an improvement in hair, skin, nails? How long did that take? I have brittle nails with ridges that run the length of them and I have been shedding more than normal.

Has anyone healed their leaky gut? How diid you do it? How long did it take?
            Instant elimination of snacking, instant reduction of cravings, instant less frequent binges, binges stopped after ~4 months. Skin smoother after a week or so, then rougher, then smoother after I re-started it with real success after six months of attempts, lol, and now SUPER smooth skin, unbelievable.

I'm sorry; I'm totally ignorant about lab results without the lab ranges posted!

Yes, cortisol is low.

Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
            a shot in the ass works best. supplements suck and so does food if your gut is broken.......its like trying to fill up a bath tub with no drain stopper.
            My B12 went up to 1300something, and I have moons on 6 fingers now (was 2), but not all. I heard it was an HCl thing, dunno.

Originally posted by hazyjane View Post
            For some reason, I thought you did- my bad! It might be good to get the antibodies checked, though, as it's the main cause of hypothyroidism.
            What's the main cause when it's *not* autoimmune?

Originally posted by Glamorama View Post
            So in order to fix estrogen I need to clean up the liver simultaneously. Either will help the other. Light-bulb moment.
            Yay! So what's the liver plan?

Originally posted by lookingforanswers View Post
            This may not be a very popular question, but how crucial is the cold thermogenesis? I honestly don't know if I can bring myself to take an ice bath!
            We all felt that way. Well, I know I did. I did the face bath, liked it. Did ice packs on tum, no problem. Did warm inch transitioning to cold tub full and had no problem. Color me surprised!

Originally posted by JanSz View Post
            Logistics.

How do you manage laptop (or is it some kind of tablet),
            while neck high in cold water with ice.

How do you hold it?
            How do you type with hands mostly wet.

------
            I put mine on a stool that was low enough it couldn't dump my laptop in the tub. Gloves on hands (knit, so they conduct on the touchpad), sat cross-legged, and leaned forward.
            5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
            Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
            Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
            Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
            ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• I open the blinds three nights a month, when the full moon is fullest - although it's not full during sleep hours every month, and I don't check that. There are far too many street lights, and especially on cloudy nights there are far too many city lights bouncing off the clouds and illuminating the air, to be a natural level outside the full moon.
              5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
              Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
              Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
              Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
              ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by kathylu View Post
                Help! My doc gave me a blank (almost) LabCorp slip and said to take it to them for blood and salivary cortisol tests. She wrote two requests on the slip "cortisol am & pm" (blood test) and "24 hr salivary cortisol". ICD-9 diagnosis is "Addison's disease". Good so far...
                I take the slip to LabCorp, they tell me that the doctor needs to specify the times for the am and pm cortisol and that "they don't do salivary cortisol, never heard of it, only urine and blood".
                I will fill in the times for blood cortisol...7:30am and 1 pm sound good? Or should the times be different?
                For the 24 hr salivary cortisol, maybe 4 collections at 7am, 12pm, 5 pm, 11 pm? Sound good so far?
                I'll need to get salivette tubes from them and it looks like I'll need to call ahead so they can look it up in the catalog...lolMy doctor is not sure why we're doing the salivary cortisol, but she is trying to make me happy by ordering it. I'm hoping to educate her on the process as we march along!
                Better call your insurance company and make sure they cover saliva tests. Most don't, and LabCorp is extremely expensive if you find you're not covered. You don't want that surprise!

Originally posted by NotOptimalYet View Post
                I've been lurking around here :-)! I finally got guts to ask a few questions if I may.

I had a salivary test done on my own since I knew that my hormones were messed up. I also was unable to lose any weight.

My doctor prescribed Triest (Estrogen BHRT) since mine was almost non existent. My progesterone was good (was supplementing for over a year), however, my DHEAs was high for my age (50). My cortisol was ok during day but spikes at night. Does it make any sense? Usually, everything is low, no?
                Is the estrogen and progesterone supplementing going to fix my problems?
                No everything doesn't have to be low. I had high cortisol with low hormones and DHEA. I got my cortisol down with 300mg phosphatidylserine (PS) at dinnertime. I also took 3gm melatonin and 800mg of magnesium malate in the evening to make me sleepy. I just stopped the melatonin last week and really notice the difference. It's taking a little longer to go to sleep, but I am sleeping good.
                Cortisol can also be high because of steroidal meds. Are you using an asthma inhaler or meds for allergies or hydrocortisone or prednisone? I had to stop my Asmanex inhaler to lower my cortisol.

Originally posted by JanSz View Post
                type A
                next oldest, emerged 25000-15000 years BC, time when agriculture started evolving
                thrive on vegetarian diet where most protein is from plants
                no problem with grains
                fish better than meat or poultry
                I'm A negative, and have celiac and gluten sensitivity genes, so that blows that theory!

Comment

• Originally posted by JanSz
                  My doc

tristate-health.com
                  Originally posted by lookingforanswers View Post
                  I assume he doesn't take any insurance? Is he a decent "hack?" It would be almost a 3 hour drive for me, but if he's worth it I'd definitely travel.
                  He does take insurance but not all of them.

His approach works for me,
                  your mileage may vary.

Leptin For Dummies http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

Comment

go read comment 67 on my last blog........after you sit down and think about what I said. I think Dexter has more insight than anyone on here about this.......because before the Quilt was published he asked me why I was making this hard on everyone.........its by design for a damn good reason. And before 2012 is over I will reveal it to you. Just make sure you're sitting down when you read it.

Its not braggin if you can back it up

Im up to it.

Just climb aboard and I will be your North Star.
                    I actually don't think you are hard on us. I think you teach using the Socratic method. You illuminate ideas using inference to stimulate critical thinking. You scrutinize commonly held truths that often shape opinions...then blow them out of the water to lead us to the formation of new paradigms. I appreciate it. Keep on keeping on!

Comment

• Originally posted by hazyjane View Post
                      What is your going rate for a biohack, anyway?
                      BTW, if you ever want to host a wine and dark chocolate tasting, I know who to hook you up with
                      depends upon if I like you or not........lol

Id probably make Jan breakfast too and take him for a swim with me........show him how it is to do it......probably let him read the last chapter of the book too. I think he'd shit the bed then

Comment

• MamaGrok, no idea what Liver cleanse to apply, but I will start my lemon in water first thing in the morning nstead of after lunch like I do now. Also buying that supplement Erin posted from iHerb. Every time I try liver detox supplements my sleep goes to hell. I'm thinking milk thistle could be a gentler way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Glamorama View Post
                          Thanks. I'm seeing my TCM doc this week to discuss a plan of action. Thing is, I can't afford the 1-2 weekly sessions he recommends for results. $65 pr session, I just can't do it! I only see him once every 8 weeks which makes acupuncture pointless.

Despite all my whinging, I have some good news. On 6th Sep 2011 my waist measured 105 cm. This morning it was 77 cm!!

To those that suggested magnesium, I've been taking it nightly, 300 MG, for 6 months. Mag citrate w black peppercorn extract for better absorbity. It certainly helped my sleep and muscle recovery, but since Dec nothing helps my sleep. I have found great improvement since starting cold compressions 6 days ago... It makes me very sleepy and for some reason I sleep like a rock. I also find Valerian before bed helps.

I have to add, justing getting a clue to my current situation and helpful advice from all of you will help me sleep better from now on- at least I can stick to a plan now.
                          105cm=41.3"
                          77cm=30.3"

And the hips are?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coriander View Post
                            I've been wondering, is it really congruent to sleep in total darkness every night? Wouldn't we have evolved to sleep under the influence of the changing light of the moon, even if it was just a little light?

I live where there are no street lights, or any lights at all. Would it be a good idea to sleep with the blinds open to the night sky?
                            my wife will tell you I am light Nazi during night......you put the light on I got nuts. My kids know it too......only light right now is my f lux screen and my fire.........just enough to see my 83 Margaux. Easy cause I am single this weekend. No one home but me.....and the cat.
                            He is primal too. He ate a mouse today
                            Last edited by DigitalSurgeon; 02-18-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotOptimalYet View Post
                              I've been lurking around here :-)! I finally got guts to ask a few questions if I may.

I had a salivary test done on my own since I knew that my hormones were messed up. I also was unable to lose any weight.

My doctor prescribed Triest (Estrogen BHRT) since mine was almost non existent. My progesterone was good (was supplementing for over a year), however, my DHEAs was high for my age (50). My cortisol was ok during day but spikes at night. Does it make any sense? Usually, everything is low, no?

Is the estrogen and progesterone supplementing going to fix my problems?
                              On day 3-4 of your monthly cycle do complete steroid panel, and make corrections.

Watch your circadian rhythm

Cold thermogenesis.

Liver detox.

PS

Comment

depends upon if I like you or not........lol

Id probably make Jan breakfast too and take him for a swim with me........show him how it is to do it......probably let him read the last chapter of the book too. I think he'd shit the bed then
                                what is buried in that last chapter is precisely what the boomers want......but when they find out what the Primal Rx is.......most will complain........that is what those who are mediocre do. Their brains are conditioned by a lifetime of mediocre choices by Hebbian learning........To fix that........they have to let me baptize them. Erase their thoughts. Re tool. Become optimal.

Comment

Working...
                                X