No announcement yet.

Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could have sworn tim ferris mentioned that the next best thing to ice baths was focusing an ice back around the neck? not sure why but again, hopefully these targeting bags plus going sans coat to the train this morning will give me a surge of energy as well as zap some fat over time...

Comment

• Originally posted by nuttmegs17 View Post
      genius! i'll have to look for those

i had to improvise - have a big bag of frozen veggies across my belly, leaning on an ice pack around my neck, and have 2 bags of fruit that i'm laying my arms on...i'm not shivering though -just feel "heat" where the ice packs are...hopefully its doing SOMETHING?
      I'm all about doing things the easy way...especially if it limits mess! my house is such chaos right now... I srsly need to take everything out to the street and burn it, or make a trip to goodwill!

There's no way I could have used frozen veggies... w/how much we go through them to stretch our food budget! I've got a 1/4bag of peas left - b/c the kids come home and if they're hungry for a snack before dinner they usually ask for salami, cheese and pea pops (best invention ever for a snack - some how I tricked my kids into thinking pea pops are a desert!)
      The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
      What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
      SW 190lb
      Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
      25 Sep 2011 160lbs
      1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
      GW ~135lbs
      5'3"
      Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

• Originally posted by nuttmegs17 View Post
        could have sworn tim ferris mentioned that the next best thing to ice baths was focusing an ice back around the neck? not sure why but again, hopefully these targeting bags plus going sans coat to the train this morning will give me a surge of energy as well as zap some fat over time...

don't know about that...but FWIW... if this finishes kicking my adrenals into proper function....sweet...b/c I'm sure once my adrenals and hormones are optimal... the weight will melt off w/o any effort...

SW 190lb
        25 Sep 2011 160lbs
        1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
        GW ~135lbs
        5'3"
        Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

Comment

• Originally posted by Shijin13 View Post
          Sitting here w/6 big ass Ice packs around my trunk... burrrr its cold!!!! *HEY ADRENALS WAKE UP AND GET ON THE STICK!*
          almost 30min later...my trunk is numb... shooting for 1hr!

SW 190lb
          25 Sep 2011 160lbs
          1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
          GW ~135lbs
          5'3"

Comment

almost 30min later...my trunk is numb... shooting for 1hr!
            Little nervous to try the truncal approach. In the whole trying to conceive world, cold on the pelvis/abdomen is supposed to be a bad thing (Eastern medicine wise) Think I might just go for lower half in the cold bath, and hang out outside for now...
            Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
            Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
            Starting Weight: 174.8
            CW:160.0 lbs

Comment

There's no way I could have used frozen veggies... w/how much we go through them to stretch our food budget! I've got a 1/4bag of peas left - b/c the kids come home and if they're hungry for a snack before dinner they usually ask for salami, cheese and pea pops (best invention ever for a snack - some how I tricked my kids into thinking pea pops are a desert!)
              Recipe please? I'm looking for great snacks for my 4 year old. We're still transitioning from WAPF to primal.

Comment

• Originally posted by kathylu View Post
                Recipe please? I'm looking for great snacks for my 4 year old. We're still transitioning from WAPF to primal.
                trader joes organic frozen peas, served in a small plastic bowl cold...those peas that don't make it to the kids mouth gets consumed by the dog!

For the salami - we've been buying the artisan salami from a VA farmer @ WFM (duke st) on display in front of the butcher

SW 190lb
                25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                GW ~135lbs
                5'3"

Comment

• I sat in a cold bath last night from the tap for about 20 minutes last night and I didnt sleep well either. It was like I had all this energy. I usually dont have sleeping issues. Guess I will have to do my cold therapy earlier in the day!

Comment

• Originally posted by L8F View Post
                    Little nervous to try the truncal approach. In the whole trying to conceive world, cold on the pelvis/abdomen is supposed to be a bad thing (Eastern medicine wise) Think I might just go for lower half in the cold bath, and hang out outside for now...
                    I'm working on the trunk b/c that's where all my fat is... my waist hasn't changed in measurement in over a yr! and since its good for the adrenals...and the adrenals sit on top of the kidneys it works out to the right place for me...

FWIW don't forget if you've got some pregnenolone steal going on - you're hormones aren't working properly (thus making pregnancy more difficult), and shunting everything to the adrenal glands... might be worth a shot to see if you can encourage your adrenals to start working properly....

SW 190lb
                    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                    GW ~135lbs
                    5'3"

Comment

I'm all about doing things the easy way...especially if it limits mess! my house is such chaos right now... I srsly need to take everything out to the street and burn it, or make a trip to goodwill!

Sugar snap peas from Costco are definitely something to look at for a snack/treat for the munchkins.

Comment

• Wish I had one of those freezer machines I saw the other night on the news that you can just step into. Looks like a time warp or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Groketteliveson View Post
                          I sat in a cold bath last night from the tap for about 20 minutes last night and I didnt sleep well either. It was like I had all this energy. I usually dont have sleeping issues. Guess I will have to do my cold therapy earlier in the day!
                          Just the opposite for me. Ice bath in the evening makes me really sleepy and easy to go to sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dextery View Post
                            Sugar snap peas from Costco are definitely something to look at for a snack/treat for the munchkins.
                            my kids are so-so on the sugar snap peas...DH on the other hand would eat the whole bag if I let him...

SW 190lb
                            25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                            1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                            GW ~135lbs
                            5'3"

Comment

• Originally posted by Groketteliveson View Post
                              Wish I had one of those freezer machines I saw the other night on the news that you can just step into. Looks like a time warp or something.
                              How about one of these. LOL mortuary coolers | One Fat Frog's Current New & Used Inventory

Comment

• Originally posted by Dextery View Post
                                Ha! I hope I don't have to go to that length to cool off!

Comment

Working...
                                X