No announcement yet.

Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to very nice resort in Scottsdale where they had both a chlorine and saline pool. Know zero about pools, but the saline acts similarly as a disinfectant...not sure how hard it would be to transition to that style, and whether or not it is healthier (my guess is yes)
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by kkcarlton View Post
      I am recovering from an ED as well and I only counted calories yesterday. Not doing that again.
      In this case, calorie counting or even restriction is not a good idea. And I hope I didn't scare you - just wanted to respond with my experience since it doesn't reflect so many others here. I think sometimes people don't want to post because they are not successful. But my view is that I will be successful someday, and I want to share the journey of how I got there.

Dr. Kruse's blog yesterday was quite encouraging. Another chance for me to rewire.

Comment

• Originally posted by L8F View Post
        Went to very nice resort in Scottsdale where they had both a chlorine and saline pool. Know zero about pools, but the saline acts similarly as a disinfectant...not sure how hard it would be to transition to that style, and whether or not it is healthier (my guess is yes)
        We looked into this. I think it just has other bad stuff. Can't remember off the top of my head - bromine, maybe. And the salt eats your diving board.

Comment

• There are chlorine pools, and there are bromine pools, and then there are salt pools. Salt takes a higher up-front investment, but saves money over the long run. Our posh local YMCA just installed a huge outdoor pool complex that is all saline. I LOVE it. When you enter the front door of the Y, you get bowled over by the stench of the chlorine indoor pool (that is five or six closed doors anda hundred yards and a floor away). The chlorine burns eyes, bleaches bathing suits, makes my head hurt for hours, and stinks. The saline pool does not of it. You can swim in it with your eyes open. I haven't heard of any downsides!
          5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
          Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
          Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
          Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
          ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
            Drmommy - I think chlorine is mostly a problem when the water is hot. Interested in others' opinions. I can't do hot tubs for more than 5 m b/c the hotter the water, th emore the chlorine evaporates out ... into my nose. In cold water, not only is the chlorine not evaporating into your lungs, but your skin pores are closed up tight, not letting it in that way, either, I'd think.
            Interesting. Definitely be easier and cheaper than filling the tub. Plus I could get some morning sun exposure at the same time.

Comment

I am freezing just watching it.
              My poor little guy & scrotum shriveled up to nothing just watching that video. Yeeks !

PS) THAT was a HORRIBLE video ! Taint fit for man nor beast.

Grizz
              Last edited by Grizz; 02-09-2012, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shijin13 View Post
                Fwiw I average around 2400 cals/day when all, I was doing was walking during the reset.... When I started the reset I was easily 40lbs over weight.... I still have 30 to go. Don't worry about the calories, feed your body so it can heal.
                How refreshing to hear from another woman what "normal" eating looks like... I always feel like a freak when I eat w/ my girl friends (who are picking at the lettuce in their fat-free salad-dressings) while I clear my plate and have to finish dinner at home.

Interestingly, this is also one of the things that kept me back so long in recovering from AN - the constant push of professionals to eat between "1200 - 1600" calories, divided up into "mini-meals". Still makes me angry, they'd call it a binge if I ate 1000 cal for breakfast and then didn't want to eat until dinner, that would be "restriction". Duh. How about "I'm full".

Comment

• Originally posted by Freshveggies View Post
                  I did both and they both came back positive for me.
                  Which free test did you do? I took this one. ContrastSensitivity.net | Provided by Vision Sciences Research Corporation

Originally posted by DrMommyN View Post
                  In this case, calorie counting or even restriction is not a good idea. And I hope I didn't scare you - just wanted to respond with my experience since it doesn't reflect so many others here. I think sometimes people don't want to post because they are not successful. But my view is that I will be successful someday, and I want to share the journey of how I got there.

Dr. Kruse's blog yesterday was quite encouraging. Another chance for me to rewire.
                  No, you didn't scare me. I need to go read Dr. K's blog post.

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                  My poor little guy & scrotum shriveled up to nothing just watching that video. Yeeks !

Grizz
                  LOL Grizz.
                  Started Atkins:: 1996
                  Started Paleo: 2003
                  Illness Started: 2008
                  Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
                  Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
                  Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

Comment

One of the women on the GAPS group doing the LR, after several weeks, suddenly felt jittery from drinking coffee although she had been drinking it daily for years. She then quit cold turkey without any of the usual caffeine withdrawals. She also was able to switch back to Armour from Cytomel and I think she even weaned off hydrocortisone.

Anyway, and I am sorry if this has been discussed and I missed it (or Dr. K talks about it on his blog and I read and forgot), yesterday I did not want any coffee after my lunch. I started to make it and realized one, I didn't feel like I needed it, and two, it didn't seem appealing. I wasn't anymore fatigued or tired than I normally am the rest of the day. This morning I drank half of what I normally drink and again did not want anymore. Could this by any chance be a teeny tiny sign that I am starting to become LS??
                    It was very easy to give up coffee after switching to green tea and then to decaf green tea. Now I have a bit of coffee back, I have found the Trader Joes varieties to not pose a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                      I looked it up to see what it was. Here it is:

Grizz
                      "...tasteless..." ...i don't know about that, my MSM tastes pretty bitter

Comment

Mold Detection Solutions

My right eye did not pass on the test you posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by RBee View Post
                          Using MSM internally I think has helped a shoulder problem I had for a couple years. Torn rotator cuff and impingement. My ortho wanted to do surgery, but I gave it some time and with supplements and keeping the joint from getting inflamed, I have good range of motion back w/out pain. It does 'catch' once in awhile esp when washing windows (so I beg off ). Wrist and thumb pain is less these last few weeks from LRx I think, but right thumb Carpometacarpal (CMC) Joint and Metacarpophalangeal (MP) Joint is still tender...from using mouse so much.

I use both powder MSM for internal (fill my own capsules) and use MSM soap and cream, along with Vit K cream and coconut oil. When showering, I have an 52oz empty coconut oil container that I put in coconut oil, warmed filtered water, epson salts, MSM powder (I heat and dissolve the MSM as much as possible before hand). I keep this container on the register to keep it liquid and then use it in the shower after washing. Slather it all over and let it sink in while washing hair, then lightly rinse. Pat dry..smooth and soft skin. I did this in P3 after losing weight fast on HCg last year. It helped with sagging skin.
                          I am watching for Docs skin fixer though.
                          this is awesome! thanks a lot for this, i was wondering how to use MSM powder "externley"...mixing it with lotion without dissolving it seemed and applying it to the skin seemed "painfull" ...and i haven't thought of dissolving it first ...so thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                            Drmommy - I think chlorine is mostly a problem when the water is hot. Interested in others' opinions. I can't do hot tubs for more than 5 m b/c the hotter the water, th emore the chlorine evaporates out ... into my nose. In cold water, not only is the chlorine not evaporating into your lungs, but your skin pores are closed up tight, not letting it in that way, either, I'd think.
                            Swiming pools ---->chlorine
                            Hot tubs------------>bromine

both bad
                            but I imagine that most like them,
                            to live with that
                            use
                            excess of iodine.

//////////
                            Last edited by JanSz; 02-09-2012, 11:04 AM.
                            Leptin For Dummies http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

Comment

• Gotta share an awesome experience about getting sick (but not very sick)-

There's a nasty respiratory flu going around here. Everyone I know that has gotten it has ended up on antibiotics and quite a few have made trips to the ER w/ very sick kiddos. People at my hubby's work are missing a week at a time and returning still sick (and these nerdy engineers don't stay home often unless really sick). My son and I started coming down with the crud Sunday night. I took lots of vit C and extra D and got better in like a day. My son (4yr old) woke Tues. with a slight fever
                              <100 but cleared it in a few hours with no meds (just extra C&D). My friends kids had the fever for days >104.
                              I am amazed at how much better our immune systems are functioning as compared to everyone around us!
                              I waited to post about this just to be sure that we were getting better with absolutely no help from big pharma.

Comment

• Originally posted by aug19 View Post
                                I am new to the Leptin Reset way of life (today is day 2). Words do not express how elated I am to find this forum and Dr. K.
                                I have felt like I was the only one in the world going through trying to figure out my body for the last 3 years. I read materials from Schwarzbein, Wilson, info on GAPS, Excitoxins (Blaylock), Body by Science, Sisson, Cordain, Wolfe, The Wellness Project/Mankovitz and others to figure out what to have my very open minded PCP and my compounding pharmacist test for. Paid out of pocket for many tests. Went GF 2 years ago, Yeast diet after that, meds for a parasite (lost 20 pounds in 10 days), GAPS/Leaky Gut diet - finally discovered Paleo and gave up all grains. Got my entire family (husband and 4 kids) on 90% Paleo. I gained on it though? but continued to stay strict. People always comment How can someone who eats so pure be overweight.

Today is day 2 of LR. I am reading Dr. K's site and this forum reading for information.
                                I am taking notes to have additional labs done. Just got some labs back.

I can't wait to learn more. I thought I might introduce myself and if anyone has any wisdom to share I am all ears (well eyes actually )

Weight is now 214. 5'7", 40
                                I have low tolerance to cold and salt.
                                I fall asleep easily (too easily actually) but wake at 3-3:30am every night. Wake up rested for the most part.
                                Heart races with food insults - green tea, some cheese, glycemic foods
                                I drink no caffeine/chocolate
                                Sex drive great
                                Stress level high right now (moving, grad school, 4 kids) but have an overall low tolerance for stress it seems
                                Workout currently is yoga and walking
                                B12 is chronically low. B12/Bcomplex shots quarterly. Would love to figure this out.

I take Vit D3 (400iu now I am realizing how LOW this is)
                                A multi from adrenalfatigue.org called Super Adrenal Stress Formula

I would love to get rid of the anxiety I have. I have had this for three years. I control it with food. Low carb living seems to help it. Maybe I have been living close to a Leptin Reset lifestyle. I treat my anxiety with snacking, banannas which has led to weight gain. Three years ago I was severly overtraining and had anxiety/mild depression set in - maybe adrenal fatigue. Seemed to have food intolerances after that.

Current Labs are:
                                HDL 43
                                Tri 78
                                LDL 53
                                CRP >.5
                                TSH .794
                                B12 244----------------aim for 1000 and always check Folate
                                Vit D25 hydroxy 19 (wow that seems really low)---------------------aim for 100, no more than 150 but toxic is at 200, so there is a lots of room.
                                Monocytes 6% (higher than 3.5% is bad right? means I have too high of Omega 6 ratio?)

I am fortunate that I have a doc that will run anything I ask her too and she's really smart and willing to learn about and read anything I ask her to help me with. I have to take responsibility for it first though which is why I am here.

Now back to reading all of your informative posts, links, blog recommendations, etc...

I suggest investing in this two tests (below),
                                create list of supplements based on test results,
                                eat what is on list
                                repeat those tests 2x/year,
                                revise list.

Note; you can't overdose on vit B12, it goes to urine (quickly).
                                If critical, use B12 shots, EOD or E3D
                                Use very short needle (5/16" 31Ga), (30-45)degree angle to skin.
                                Try it to be shallow, but not right under skin.
                                If pee is red, either shot was too deep or increase frequency.
                                Try frequency ED--->E4D

At one time I got good deal at
                                College Pharmacy
                                800-888-9358
                                Methylcobalamine 15mg/cc 30cc vial

They claim 6 months shelf life. I used for 9 months.

15*30=450mg
                                B12 shot=25units/EOD
                                30cc vial--->120 shots, 240 days on EOD schedule.

It is shipped on ice,
                                someone have to be home or allow to leave package at the front door.

$59.11 + $25 shipping

============================

Spectracell Comprehensive Nutritional Panel
                                Spectracell Comprehensive Nutritional Panel

Essential & Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis (EMFA) by Genova Diagnostics
                                Essential & Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis (EMFA) by Genova Diagnostics

/
                                Leptin For Dummies http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

Comment

Working...
                                X