No announcement yet.

Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gosh I hope so, Patty. That would totally suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
      When you feel better they cant perform a wallet biopsy on you........That is why I am teaching you all this.......once you get the Primal Rx you will be able to take back control. And we will change the world. When no one gets your vision is when you most must believe in your vision.......My vision is alot bigger than most of you can comprehend. I see your dissatisfaction with my profession here daily. Changing them is impossible task......but teaching you how to change them is the key.
      Well said, Doc. I don't think people mind paying (even paying a LOT) for medical care which actually works. The trouble is the system which Nutmegs described, where thousands of dollars are misspent and yield either no results or bad results. And once in awhile one gets a crystal clear vision of why something bad is the way it is, and one feels RAGE.

For instance, I did a stupid macrobiotic diet back around 1985 for about six months. It tried to get protein almost solely from tofu. A third of my hair fell out -- etc. Well, I started having an eternal period, that never quite stopped flowing. So I went to a gynecologist, a pleasant enough man. Instead of asking me about my diet and figuring out that this whole thing was self-inflicted and telling me to eat meat and eggs and fish instead of soy, he prescribed Norlutin. I took it on the days of my cycle he requested, and lost the non-stop period. I also woke up every morning at 3 a.m. and cried for three solid hours. It was only in retrospect, after I stopped taking Norlutin and stopped waking up and crying that I realized it had started with the prescription.

Then, much later, I learned that to make these "progestins" full of nasty side effects they start with a feedstock of true bioidentical progesterone. They add a little chemical change here or there, SOLELY so that the drug can be patented. Just try to persuade me that those biochemists developing this stuff didn't know what they were doing to women. They had to pass the FDA trials, they must have known about the bad side effects. They were designing the ways of manufacturing this stuff. They must have known they were taking the correct hormone and manipulating it, worsening it for profit.

The degree of disgust and fury felt by the victims of such chicanery once they find out about it cannot just be shrugged off. Our whole medical system is very poorly designed because it rewards expensive, ineffective, and dangerous procedures and medications and discards or ignores low cost effective ones.

You are very badly needed, Doc.

Just how to set up a system which pays the right people for doing effective things instead of funding endless ruinously expensive elaboration is a real puzzler. A CAT scan and a biopsy instead of just doing without wheat for a few weeks .....

I wonder if it's too late to set up a traditional Chinese-style system? They pay the doctor when they are well, and stop paying him when they get sick and he hasn't cured them. It would take a serious change in attitude on the part of the American public. Also, for it to work, they would have to accept the doctor's dietary recommendations, or else nothing could keep them well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snauzoo View Post
        There is a difference between stains and plaque which hardens into calcified crap. I am a big tartar maker, but my teeth are really white and I drink lots of things that stain them. Beet kvass, coffee, red wine, green tea, black tea. My husband makes no tartar. Gets his teeth cleaned every 6 months and is done in 1/2 hr. and the hygeniest says I am not sure why you are here lol... I go q 4 months and it takes longer. My eye doc told me I tend to produce a lot of protein in my tears, so maybe saliva is similar.
        Dr. K says in his DOES YOUR GUT CONTROL YOUR BONE MASS? - Jack Kruse blog: "When K2 levels are low we see calcification in places it should not be like in your arteries in spine X-rays or in your mouth as tartar build up on your lingual surface of the bottom incisors."

Originally posted by maladee View Post
        HELLLLP
        I have always had BM that where lose ,I have never been constipated unless I went low carb, I think the BAB has severely BLOCKED me up ,I am used to three BM a day I have not GONE in three days.
        I am in terrible discomfort , Should I take a enema?
        Have you tried magnesium citrate as a laxative? It works very well. Natural Calm is one that a lot of people use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freshveggies View Post
          Does anyone experience becoming weak when they are under fluorescent lights? They seem to affect me greatly and just wondering if anyone has any thoughts in this area?
          I get really tired and my eyes ache. Sometimes I even used to carry a lamp to tunings in classrooms so I could leave the overheads off. Plus they are usually way too bright.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owl View Post
            Dr. K says in his DOES YOUR GUT CONTROL YOUR BONE MASS? - Jack Kruse blog: "When K2 levels are low we see calcification in places it should not be like in your arteries in spine X-rays or in your mouth as tartar build up on your lingual
            yes I have read that. I just get plaque at the gum line, generally labial lower incisors. None lingual. It's getting better due to orthodontia allowing me to floss. I had areas where I could not. Those were where I would have problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabbecky View Post
              Dr. K - if you have the time I was wondering if you could tell me what this might mean... I have been doing the Leptin Rx for 2 weeks now and loving it - dropped the weight I put on the first couple days and now 5-6 more pounds on top of that. I feel good - except for a nasty cold that won't go away, but I can deal - but I have noticed something a little strange. Since going even lower carb than I waswith the Leptin Rx my muscles feel like lead with the slightest activity. I am not breathing heavy or getting out of breath, but just carry my boys upstairs to bed (both around 40lbs) and my legs feel like I have lead weights attched, heavy and slow. I would like to start exercising, but have not (mainly due to the cold). I am not sweating more, but it is super cold in my house - we keep the therm between 60-65 to save on oil. Along with heavy muscle even a little activity warms me enough to take off my sweatshirt and be in just a t-shirt.

So my questions - heavy muscles - good or bad or normal?
              Would starting to LHT and do some walking and HIIT help or hurt at this point?

Thank you so much for the help and insight you have provided here and on your blog. I have been telling everyone who will listen (and many who won't) about you and how much te Leptin Rx is working for me
              its because UCP1 and 3 are not cooking yet. If I could convince you to take an ice bath you could help it......Upping your Mag D3 K2 and NAC would also help too. CoEnzyme Q10 is another help It will get better but you can facilitate it with those.

Comment

• Originally posted by RiverNeighbor View Post
                Yes, fortunately I'm now getting it. For me it's just not enough to internalize this message, I have to be able to OWN it and be able to clearly and concisely be able to converse about it. Getting up to speed is a journey - I'm over here dropping apples and feathers from trees and you're talking theory of relativity. POMC, Cytokine, Leptin, IL-6, msh, acth were all a foreign language to me 4 months ago.
                After I fix me and make sure the kids are taken care of (eeek, how sick was I when I was carrying my kids!) I think I will have some work to do. It seems to me that there may be others that are falling into this "cushings" trap and having pituitary surgery or bilateral adrenalectomies for naught.
                At my last visit endo told me (in addition to the fact that he didnt' know what to do with me) that if I continued to have high cortisol numbers that he would recommend sampling of adrenals, and possibly then adrenalectomy.
                This is an offense against a basic principle which has always served me well: Don't remove the original equipment. Ditto for removing ovaries to reduce estrogen. Remove soy and pesticide to reduce estrogen, take vitex, use progesterone cream; but hands off the original equipment.

Wish that the owner's manual were more easily read and understood ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fabbecky View Post
                  Thank you, per your recommendation yesterday I upped my D3 to 50000 a day fom the 10000 daily I have ben doing for a month. I'm going to need to go get a bigger bottle of D so I can start supplementing the kids too
                  be careful with that dose......I wold only do that for a week to see the result. The kids I would start on 2500-5k IU a day. My ten yr old is on 5K a day and she takes one K2 a day

Comment

• Originally posted by maladee View Post
                    HELLLLP I started LR 4 days ago , mind u I have chronic fatigue and yeast overgrowth.

I have always had BM that where lose ,I have never been constipated unless I went low carb, I think the BAB has severely BLOCKED me up ,I am used to three BM a day I have not GONE in three days.

My earliest experience with dry stool was on a low fat low carb diet with lots of cheese.
                    You need probiotics and digestive enzymes, for starters. Eliminate any dairy. Magnesium chelates at bedtime.
                    Natural Calm is wierd stuff. If you dissolve it in hot water, then add cooler water to drink it won't make you poop. Good if you already poop fine. If you do need to poop a tablespoon in cold water works great.

Read the leaky gut rx for other supplements. Make sure you are eating enough fibrous veggies. Raw is better, avoid the starchy ones. A huge salad at lunch and an assortment of cooked at dinner will do the trick.

Comment

When I went to nursing school back in the dark ages and Dr. K was still in diapers, we did breast exams, ourselves. Then they came out with the latest thing, the mammogram and everyone got one free. I had only one. I came home and described the experience as something one could practice for by laying on the garage floor and having some one run over your boob with a car.

Years later when all these mastectomies started happening, there was a nurses study done on the usefulness of a device that could detect a tumor ONLY after it had been in situ 8 years.

The best mammogram is a husband. I know personally 4 women whose husbands found lumps. Only one turned out to be malignant. The others just had normal ordinary tissue, with some areas of density.
                      I know my wife's breast better than she does......and she likes that I do this for her. I am very accurate and also the massage also increases oxytocin release which reduces breast ca risk too. I posted that somewhere before.

Comment

• Originally posted by smgj View Post
                        I agree. And the best screening for testicle cancer is known to be a wife...
                        I think guys know their ball sac best......I think Jansz has already mentioned that.

Comment

I used to feel sick going to places like Walmart or Target. And work. In my home, we do not have a single CFL bulb. We do have about 10 tubes in the garage, but they are all individually controlled by remote controllers. We only turn them all on to work on cars. Otherwise I just open the side door to do laundry. We ripped out the fixture in the kitchen and replaced it with a half dozen can lights with dimmers on two circuits. Getting that thing out of my main workspace cut way way back on headaches. Now, the big box stores are using those sodium vapor things that give me instant headaches that lift as soon as I go outside. So, I do not think it is your imagination or uncommon, either!
                          What a wonderful reason to avoid Big Box stores.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patty Cakes View Post
                            There is a blood test you can take to see if coffee reacts like gluten. It showed up on my test and that is why I stay away from it. The test is Array #4 on the link below.

Cyrex Tests & Arrays
                            I dont buy this at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by piano-doctor-lady View Post
                              Well said, Doc. I don't think people mind paying (even paying a LOT) for medical care which actually works. The trouble is the system which Nutmegs described, where thousands of dollars are misspent and yield either no results or bad results. And once in awhile one gets a crystal clear vision of why something bad is the way it is, and one feels RAGE.

For instance, I did a stupid macrobiotic diet back around 1985 for about six months. It tried to get protein almost solely from tofu. A third of my hair fell out -- etc. Well, I started having an eternal period, that never quite stopped flowing. So I went to a gynecologist, a pleasant enough man. Instead of asking me about my diet and figuring out that this whole thing was self-inflicted and telling me to eat meat and eggs and fish instead of soy, he prescribed Norlutin. I took it on the days of my cycle he requested, and lost the non-stop period. I also woke up every morning at 3 a.m. and cried for three solid hours. It was only in retrospect, after I stopped taking Norlutin and stopped waking up and crying that I realized it had started with the prescription.

Then, much later, I learned that to make these "progestins" full of nasty side effects they start with a feedstock of true bioidentical progesterone. They add a little chemical change here or there, SOLELY so that the drug can be patented. Just try to persuade me that those biochemists developing this stuff didn't know what they were doing to women. They had to pass the FDA trials, they must have known about the bad side effects. They were designing the ways of manufacturing this stuff. They must have known they were taking the correct hormone and manipulating it, worsening it for profit.

The degree of disgust and fury felt by the victims of such chicanery once they find out about it cannot just be shrugged off. Our whole medical system is very poorly designed because it rewards expensive, ineffective, and dangerous procedures and medications and discards or ignores low cost effective ones.

You are very badly needed, Doc.

Just how to set up a system which pays the right people for doing effective things instead of funding endless ruinously expensive elaboration is a real puzzler. A CAT scan and a biopsy instead of just doing without wheat for a few weeks .....

I wonder if it's too late to set up a traditional Chinese-style system? They pay the doctor when they are well, and stop paying him when they get sick and he hasn't cured them. It would take a serious change in attitude on the part of the American public. Also, for it to work, they would have to accept the doctor's dietary recommendations, or else nothing could keep them well.
                              there are alot of docs out there who no longer want to be just good. They want to be great and go back to how they used to feel when they were helping people and not the hospital of the system perform wallet bx's or medical transactions. I promise its true........I talk to them daily. They just do not know how to navigate out of the system safely.

Comment

• Originally posted by maladee View Post
                                HELLLLP I started LR 4 days ago , mind u I have chronic fatigue and yeast overgrowth.

Try looking up info on GAPS intro. A lot of people have diarrhea from gut problems, and then constipation ensues as the bad bacteria die off. Enemas are a gentle help. I don't know if that's happening to you, but it might be something to look at.
                                5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                                Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                                Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                                Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                                ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Working...
                                X