No announcement yet.

Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kkcarlton, I just noticed your sig. You went paleo several years before your serious problems started. WHat do you think got the illness started? Do you think your hormonal imbalances started then, or predated that?
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by JanSz View Post
      How many people are using this gallon of CO,
      you + DW, anybody else?

1 gallon [US, liquid] = 256 Tablespoon [US]

256/30=8.53

8.53 Tablespoon [US] /day is used in dr K's household.

We probably use about a tablespoon a day around here, but it is requested specifically for almost all dishes. I prefer munching on coconut instead, but I haven't calculated how much oil I am getting from it. It's probably pretty significant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shijin13 View Post
        I signed up for these last month...scheduled to have them delivered ever 6mths...Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Chocolate Nibs Mayan Superfood, 10 Pound Bag: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
        I would like something chocolatey to go in my bulletproof coffee - would these work? Do they melt? Is the chocolate taste bitter? Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by wanderir View Post
          Weird? Ours is just fine.
          I am also very happy with TJ's CO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freshveggies View Post
            Originally Posted by Freshveggies
            Cortiosl
            am 16 range 13-24
            noon 9 range 5-10
            afternoon 5 range 3-8
            night 5 range 1-4
            cortisol load 35 range 23-42
            Just a quick comment on your cortisol readings. Your AM is a little low (should be near the top of the range) and you night is definitely too high. Could be one thing contributing to your rT3 issue. I am taking milk thistle for my rT3 and going to try the T3 only treatment soon if it doesn't get better. Also I know progesterone is tied to thyroid hormones and when I started taking progesterone my thyroid numbers improved and I felt better. I hope you can figure this out soon as I know how horrible it is to feel so bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patty Cakes View Post
              Have you tested your iron and/or adrenal function to make sure they are good? Those are two reasons some people may not be able to handle T3. There are probably other reasons but I think these are easy to check. Your rT3 was still low when you were on the T3 med but got worse when you stopped. However your FT3 actually got better which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me.
              my transferrin is 240 range 200-360
              ferritin 129 range 13-150
              iron total 107 range 37-145

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirstin View Post
                I would like something chocolatey to go in my bulletproof coffee - would these work? Do they melt? Is the chocolate taste bitter? Thank you!
                They don't melt. You can probably get a small bag at a health food store to try.
                I'm currently not drinking coffee, but I do put some cacao nibs in my mint tea if I'm having it with a meal. I used to put pine nuts in my mint tea so this is a great replacement for me, but a different taste.

Comment

• Cacao nibs - I know that chocolate is made by fermenting these at some point in the process. If we eat raw nibs, are we eating them before the fermentation step, and could this potentially be problematic? (the same way eating unfermented soy, even in small amounts, would be a bad idea on a regular basis . traditionally, soy was consumed fermented, and traditionally, cacao is consumed fermented, so far as I know)

Comment

• Originally posted by colleencoble View Post
                    The proton thing is used in place of surgery, Jan. I looked into it last year when my Dave was diagnosed with prostate cancer. There was a place in Indy he could have gotten it done. But at the time it appeared his cancer was contained in the prostate so we just wanted it OUT. Unfortunately it was an aggressive cancer and had escaped into the seminal vesicles. But so far, so good. His PSA has been non detectable for almost a year now. There is a 30% chance that it can come back. We are looking into testosterone replacement again though. Dr. K told me about a new study that shows men who have had prostate cancer benefit from raising the levels. It makes it less likely to come back. I need to actually find a copy and read that study.
                    Lately there is a reverse in opinion about prostate cancer and supplemental testosterone.

I see very often unqualified advice to use testosterone after prostate surgery.

This started with dr Morgentaler's article and then book.

I have not looked in detail into it,
                    but off hand
                    I see warnings missing.

For example:
                    do not use testosterone if it causes raise in PSA.

Stop on-going testosterone supplementation if there is acute raise in PSA.

=================================================

Wellness Profile: Abraham Morgentaler, Testosterone Therapy for Life

Life Extension Magazine June 2010

Abraham Morgentaler, MD, FACS Testosterone Therapy for Life

Leptin For Dummies http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                      kkcarlton, I just noticed your sig. You went paleo several years before your serious problems started. WHat do you think got the illness started? Do you think your hormonal imbalances started then, or predated that?
                      I have had hormonal problems for as long as I can remember starting with heavy periods and lots of pain from the start. Horrible PMS later in my 20s, etc. My guess is that it's a combination of things - stressful birth (2 blood transfusions within 8 hours, no contact with my mom until I was 5 days old), not breast fed, stressful childhood, carb heavy diet, eating disorder, later low/no fat with high carb diet, etc.

In 2003 when i switched to Paleo I was actually feeling good for a while but had food intolerances, sleep problems, etc. My husband and I had a lot of stress the first years in our marriage, losing a dog on our honeymoon, losing his grandmother, I had a hysterectomy the week before she died, we moved, etc. I believe what happened is that my body finally gave up sort of. I am not sure if that makes sense but I think it was probably a matter of lots of more than usual stress, Lyme, viruses, taking antibiotics several times, and then we went to Mexico in August 2008 and I was bitten by a bunch of mosquitoes or something. My arms and legs were covered in bites. I also ate raw food so maybe I got a parasite and it was the thing that tipped the scale and my body gave up because about a month later is when the abdominal distention started and I went downhill fast. I started gaining weight most likely due to high RT3 but didn't know anything about it at the time, I started reacting to more and more food, felt more fatigued, had even more problems sleeping, brain fog, and more.

That is my best guess.
                      Started Atkins:: 1996
                      Started Paleo: 2003
                      Illness Started: 2008
                      Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
                      Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
                      Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
                      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                        k i have a theory that they body fixes things in the order in which they broke. Is there any science to back up my hypothesis?

for instance the 22 year old scar tissue that just recently decided to take a vacation and fell off intack one whole piece of skin just got itchy and fell off my hand.
                        Q, I'm so glad you posted this. I've thought I was crazy because I had some scar tissue heal shortly after starting the reset. Nothing as dramatic as a whole scar falling off though... that's pretty cool. It was an older scar, C-section scar is still the same on me.
                        Like the theory of the body having a queue of things to repair, but have no clue here!

Comment

• Originally posted by JanSz View Post
                          I am not a doctor.

Working on testosterone improves iron.
                          Sometimes too much.
                          It is first priority to monitor hemoglobin.
                          If Hgb trends over the top range, donate pint of blood, keep monitoring.

Note that information on iron I have put on top, it is important.

Instead of monitoring testosterone or progesterone it is better to monitor more complete
                          Steroid Hormones Panel.

When progesterone is low it is better to check pregnenolone and supplement when low.

When looking at (more complete) Steroid Hormone Panel one should be aware of proportions and ratios.

DHEAs and Cortisol consist very large portion of Steroid hormone Panel by weight.

DHEAs part is 94.99%
                          Cortisol part is 4.26%

the remaining part are all other (by weight, all other major steroid hormones are about 1/4%).

Often, when DHEAs is low, pregnenolone is "stolen" from DHEAs to produce Cortisol.
                          Since there is overall deficit of building material, eventually both DHEAs & Cortisol end up low.

Restoring DHEAs levels is of very high priority, among other it helps in balancing Lipid Panel (cholesterol).

------------------

Locally,
                          when minding testosterone, one wants
                          TotalTestosterone at highest levels
                          providing
                          that SHBG levels is monitored and kept at desired levels.
                          raising testosterone reduces SHBG
                          raising Estradiol increases SHBG
                          ideal SHBG=20
                          acceptable 15<SHBG<25

Recently, laboratories introduced number of tests that should measure
                          FreeTestosterone
                          and
                          BioAvailableTestosterone
                          those test are far from perfect,
                          do not match when tested repeatedly
                          do not match between different laboratories.
                          It is more practical to stay with old technology (untill new becomes more reliable).
                          Old technology
                          measure TotalTestosterone, SHBG, Albumin
                          and
                          looking at Dr Vermulen chart, figure out FreeT

ideal E2(Estradiol), sensitive (LabCorp)=20pg/mL
                          acceptable E2, sensitive (15-30)pg/mL
                          ideal progesterone=1.4ng/mL

note,
                          in first half of menstrual cycle, women have (should have) same progesterone levels as men.
                          note,
                          in first 5-6 days of menstrual cycle, women have (should have) same estradiol levels as men.

=====================

Observe recent history of my blood testing and dose change manipulations, here:

JanSz Labs & Tests - Page 30

///

Thank you. This is a good reference for when I can find a doctor.

Comment

• kkcarlton - makes sense, thank you. A case of long-standing problems finally coming to a head that even excellent diet couldn't solve by itself. You have been through a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirstin View Post
                              no they don't melt! but you can buy cacao powder
                              The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
                              What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
                              SW 190lb
                              Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
                              25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                              1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                              GW ~135lbs
                              5'3"
                              Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

• Is the bulletproof coffee really worth it? Seems expensive.
                                Started Atkins:: 1996
                                Started Paleo: 2003
                                Illness Started: 2008
                                Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
                                Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
                                Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
                                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

Comment

Working...
                                X