Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kymma View Post
    I think I am done with this for the time being. I cannot seem to get it right so I am spinning my wheels in mud just getting dirty. I fall off at least once a week. I want to run so bad and tying myself to this program feels forced and is bringing up lots of the old being a failure issues for me. I had thought to just give myself a break over the "indiscretions" then I read Dr. Kruse's post about getting your thinking right. I don't want to give up running any longer. Especially if every slip up adds on 2 ore weeks to a process I a unable to for whatever reason complete. I' going back to 80/20 and if it doesn't work I will rethink doing this in 2012. I have done enguh great things this year to let this thing make e feel bad. God luck everyone!
    Good luck Kymma!!!
    Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Gager View Post
      you should consider instead of going 80/20 to actually try for 100% i believe striving for 80/20 just sets you up for failure. 80/20 soon leads to 70/30 then 60/40 and so on
      I a going to stay with the parameters of the reset diet wise. But it is the head space I am in, I want to ove, to run, to do crosfit, and this feels like a jail sentence right now. I would rather do this with a light heart in the future. I know that what i was doing was working as well, so I will revisit this later.
      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

• Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
        That is the incretin gherlin at work.....it works properly when youre leptin sensitive and NYY is working in unison with the hypocretin neurons
        I'm sorry, Dr. Kruse, but I'm not sure what you mean. When you said "THAT" is the incretin gherlin at work, what is the "THAT" that you are referring to? Feeling full? Not feeling full?
        Rebecca

Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

Click the banner below to visit my blog:

sigpic

Feb 2009 - 158 pounds - 43.6% body fat
        Aug 2013 - 138 pounds - 34.3% body fat
        So far, lost 19.8 pounds of body fat and gained 1.8 pounds of lean mass
        Goal - 136 pounds - 30% body fat
        Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass

Comment

• Wanted to share what I had for breakfast as it was simple, tasty and nice for a change of pace and helped use up some zucchini from my CSA box. I shredded half of a rather large zucchini last night and salted it and put it in a strainer overnight to get out some of the water. Squeezed it this morning added half of a very small onion, diced and one egg and fried them in organic expeller pressed coconut oil in the iron skillet. They were delicious! Had them with italian sausage. They are a bit runny so make them small and take the spatula and push the egg that runs outside back in but really good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kymma View Post
            I think I am done with this for the time being.
            I'm sorry you are having a bad time with this. I was just thinking about you yesterday, because you had not posted for awhile, and I was wondering how it was going for you. Maybe we'll see you again back here later, huh?
            Rebecca

Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

sigpic

Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass

Comment

• Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
              You have to keep reading the blog......those are topics that will be added to the quilt. The migraines are a big issue with serotonin and estrogen imbalance due to lowered progesterone
              I'm lucky I can keep up w/your blog... got to read the one you posted the other day! Thanks so much for answering. Is it advisable for me to have all my hormones checked? Once Leptin is Reset - will the hormone balance come back - or is it possible - BHRT could be required? I anticipate - that I''ve probably been LR for at least 10yrs... so I've got a lot of damage to reverse... how long can something like this take? 1-2yrs at least?
              The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
              What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
              SW 190lb
              Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
              25 Sep 2011 160lbs
              1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
              GW ~135lbs
              5'3"
              Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Shijin13 View Post
                Dr K -- Got a question for you... Since Leptin resistance is a "Brain" disorder - how is LR/LS related to Migraines, Bipolar disorder, and epilepsy?
                If you're dealing with bipolar, I gotta send you to GAPS, too. No reason you can't address the gut while hitting the leptin, b/c the diets are very, very similar, and only require a few different things to do both at the same time. Manic depression (Bipolar) and the GAPS diet | Allergy Free Menu Planners
                Originally posted by Paleobirdy View Post
                Folks, I do not think that the issue is satiety from all the protein. Many of us here trying this plan know that that satiety theory has been a joke. Before, when I would eat a huge breakfast, I still wanted a coffee and bagel a few hours later.
                Most definitely. Having gobs and gobs of random stuff would never take away the cravings, b/c the cravings have little or nothing to do with hunger. They're thoughts planted in my brain that won't let up until sated; they are not physical feelings of hunger. And with the protein breakfast, those ridiculous thoughts are *gone*.

Georgette, you said you might get a chance to weigh this weekend. I'm on pins and needles, lol, to see if the scale side of things have started to change fro you, in addition to all the other great things you're seeing.

Honeypig, is there a reason you're going to bed at 7 and getting up at 3? I would think being so off of the sun's schedule would be very stressing to the body. It looks like you're working at 5, but don't have to, and even if you did, you're getting up 2hrs earlier just to do an hour and a half of exercise. Would you consider changing your schedule up? That might not only have the benefit of helping you get more time between dinner & bed, but also help with your circadian rhythms.

Originally posted by natural_girl View Post
                This is not a sore throat as in getting sick it is much different. Almost like the beginning of strep throat but then goes away for several days then comes back for a few days so there is more to it than that. I don't eat sugar or junk.
                I remember in MS & HS I had strep throat every year, but haven't had it in at least a decade now - I'm sure due to change in diet. But I do get what you're describing every now and then - a mildly sore throat that makes me think I'm getting sick, but goes away after a day or two with no other signs of sickness. I haven't had it in a long while, I think, maybe 6 months? but definitely got it even while eating very, very well.
                Originally posted by Mike Gager View Post
                you should consider instead of going 80/20 to actually try for 100% i believe striving for 80/20 just sets you up for failure. 80/20 soon leads to 70/30 then 60/40 and so on
                She was trying for 100%, and falling off repeatedly, if I understood right. I think you're right that trying for 100% (and not sweating when you fall short slightly for a special event, etc.) is better than trying for 80/20 (eating non-primal foods regularly) and landing at <80/20 ... but *only* if the cravings, or the results of falling short b/c of the cravings, are causing you excessive stress and really making things worse overall.

Some people can shrug off the binges, but others, esp. those with a history of deprivation dieting and/or eating disorders, cannot. It rapidly falls into diethead mentality and can cause more harm than good. I wish you the best, Kymma, an dhope you can discern the best path for you!
                5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Ghrelin is the hormone that regulates appropriate feelings of fullness.
                  5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                  Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                  Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                  Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                  ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• question: is drinking a cup of tea with cream in it considered snacking?
                    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                      If you're dealing with bipolar, I gotta send you to GAPS, too. No reason you can't address the gut while hitting the leptin, b/c the diets are very, very similar, and only require a few different things to do both at the same time. Manic depression (Bipolar) and the GAPS diet | Allergy Free Menu Planners
                      Thanks MamaGrok... I've been dealing w/bipolar& migraines through atlas orthogonal chiropractic adjustments for the past 6yrs I'll check out the GAPS as well... I've been gf for 6yrs, dairy/casien free for 5yrs - just recently added goat dairy back in during my last pregnancy - what can it hurt right? I haven't had any bipolar symptoms in about 4yrs - and I wonder how much of that has to do w/pregnancy and nursing??? migraines are a completely other story!
                      The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
                      What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
                      SW 190lb
                      Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
                      25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                      1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                      GW ~135lbs
                      5'3"
                      Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

• @MamaGrok, no weigh in at all this weekend. Decided to hold off on that until mid-August which would put me at 8-9 weeks into the reset.
                        Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by JKC View Post
                          question: is drinking a cup of tea with cream in it considered snacking?
                          I believe Dr. Kruse says "no" to having that - it IS a snack.
                          Last edited by RSL; 07-25-2011, 08:31 AM.
                          Rebecca

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RSL View Post
                            Wow! You are telling my story! Every time someone around here tells me that Grok did not limit his food but just ate until he was full, I feel like I'm going to scream! It's nice to know that I am not alone in the world!

And you know what I think? I think Grok knew that there might not be another meal for awhile, and he did not stop eating when he was full. I'll bet he stopped eating either a) when all the food at hand was gone or b) when he felt like he would throw up if he ate another bite, whichever came first!
                            I think you are pretty about some of Grok's eating habits. There wouldn't be any of this, "eat a bit and then put your fork down" or "always leave a few bites on the plate and then pour wine all over it so you don't eat it." But, I disagree that he would eat till he almost pukes. I am finding now that there is more of an absolute limit, a real-pushback. Before, I could always have just another helping.

Comment

• @MamaGrok, I never had strep throat until about 4-5 years ago and since then I get it 1 or 2 times a year even with eating right and vit D3. However I used to get colds and such all the time for as long as I can remember and the vit D3 has really helped with that. This has me stumped. I wonder if it has something to do with strep or the adrenals or both?

Comment

• day 25. Yesterday I went for 8.5 hours after breakfast before eating. And, I wasn't all that hungry. I had planned to pick away at some chicken bones, but they took pretty long. I followed up with some cucumber salad, but wasn't really hungry by the time I went to the main course.
                                When it got cooler, I started cooking up a storm for this week. Bacon, sausage, veggies, pork roast. Not hungry at all, and not eating any of it.
                                Had a weird thing happen at night though. For the first time in a long time, I woke up shivering, and couldn't get warm. I even toyed with the idea of throwing on a wool blanket. (I already had two blankets.) I wasn't sure if I overdid it yesterday, so I decided I would eat three meals today. I only ate 40 g protein for breakfast. I was full, so decided to stop. If I can go for over 8 hours on 50 g, I should be able to go 5 hours on 40. I'm going to try a large breakfast with two mini-meals and see if I feel OK with that. It is nice to know that I can go for a long time no problem without interrupting my schedule to eat.

Comment

Working...
                                X