Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by natural_girl View Post
    Today is the end of my 6th day. I have definitely been "warmer" here and there. Almost like hot flashes? Not sure if it is my hormones or this new plan? I am usually the one who is always cold. Even though I am peri-menoupausal I seldom get hot flashes so I am thinking something is happening. However, I have yet another sore throat. These sore throats are driving me crazy! I don't know if I am allergic to something in the air or what but it goes on and off. Anyone have any idea?
    always cold translated by my ears is LR and hypothyroidism leading to estrogen dominance........and that is not good. You can fix LR and the thyroid issue.....or you can leave them alone and have your doc add progesterone and pregnenolone. Before that is considered you need to check your salivary cortisol levels. If they are high too, with the estrogen dominance you are set up for many neolithic diseases. The excessive sore throats can mean high cortisol......causing a pregnenolone steal syndrome that decreases your DHEA level, and vitamin D levels.......all of which effect temp regulation and immunity. You just got a big time hack of your health............talk to your doc about what I just posted because you got issues to solve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sue View Post
      What if it just the high protein in the breakfast that is helping to deal with satiety and cravings and nothing to do with leptin?
      Don't some recommend high-carb refeeds to reset leptin?

Doing more reading on Leptin, Lyle McDonald has a 6 part series:
      Leptin | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald
      that is exactly what is helping to deal with satiety. thats never been a question...

i dont think high carb refeeds are useful at all for someone who is leptin resistant. kind of like pouring gasoline on a fire you are trying to extinguish
      Primal Chaos
      37yo 6'5"
      6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
      current 338lbs 49" waist
      goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
        I couldn't care less, lol. I'm not bingeing, which is the #1 best thing I can do for every health issue I have.
        That's great - I always like to know exactly what is going on.
        For those that didn't get good satiety at first after high protein breakfast it could be that another hormone in gut called CCK which gives you are feeling of being full after a high protein or high fat meal doesn't work well if leptin low (as per Lyle).

Comment

• leptin resistance means your leptin levels are high, not low
          Primal Chaos
          37yo 6'5"
          current 338lbs 49" waist
          goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Gager View Post
            that is exactly what is helping to deal with satiety. thats never been a question...

i dont think high carb refeeds are useful at all for someone who is leptin resistant. kind of like pouring gasoline on a fire you are trying to extinguish
            You may be right but that is what is recommended by some - high carb and high calorie refeeds

Comment

leptin resistance means your leptin levels are high, not low
              Yes just like insulin resistance. The high levels of leptin cause the receptors to down-regulate.
              Lyle talks about low levels of leptin after dieting. Maybe some people have LR while others just low levels of leptin?

Comment

• Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
                I read Lyle's stuff and he has zero clue how leptin works from a neuroanatomic standpoint. He knows exercise well. Moreover, he even has less understanding of how it ties to the gut incretin system at the hypothalamus with the hypocretin neurons regulating metabolism,appetite, satiety and sleep. IF you want to really swim deep in this stuff you better become a PHd neuroscientist or neurosurgeon. This stuff is not for the faint of heart. I am trying to make it understandable to anyone who wants to know how to do this simply.
                Have you written about this - is there a link?

Comment

Have you written about this - is there a link?
                  digitalsurgeon is dr kruse
                  Primal Chaos
                  37yo 6'5"
                  current 338lbs 49" waist
                  goal 240lbs 35" waist

Comment

• Originally posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
                    always cold translated by my ears is LR and hypothyroidism leading to estrogen dominance........and that is not good. You can fix LR and the thyroid issue.....or you can leave them alone and have your doc add progesterone and pregnenolone. Before that is considered you need to check your salivary cortisol levels. If they are high too, with the estrogen dominance you are set up for many neolithic diseases. The excessive sore throats can mean high cortisol......causing a pregnenolone steal syndrome that decreases your DHEA level, and vitamin D levels.......all of which effect temp regulation and immunity. You just got a big time hack of your health............talk to your doc about what I just posted because you got issues to solve.
                    This is why I am so confused. I did have a thyroid panel done and the Dr. said my ratios were good but would treat me based on my symptoms and give me Armour even though my rT3 to FT3 ratio was 3.7. Well then I started to do more research and got more confused and had more questions so I am not taking anything right now but based on what I have read I think maybe I should be taking Cytomel BUT if I can fix everything without taking prescriptions I would rather do that.

I did have my salivary cortisol levels checked. They were normal in the morning, depressed at noon & 4 and elevated at night. I also had salivary progesterone checked and it was low as well. My Vitamin D levels were 46 which is good BUT I have been supplementing with D3 for about 2-3 years and I have no idea what they were before that. But the funny thing is the more D I take the sore throat seems to go away or lessen and when I was on vacation a few weeks ago and at the beach and in the sun every day I did not have the sore throat. I just thought maybe it was because I was in another state and the pollen or what was different.

I also put my CRP and cholesterol numbers up the other day and had asked you which direction you thought I should research first?

I am going to a new Gyno in a few weeks for the progesterone cream and plan to continue with the Leptin reset. As for the other MD I think I might have to find someone new. He is only open to doing things his way (likes to hear his self talk) and I have been through the ringer with him. Trying everything he suggests, like the damn high dose of iodine and having a bad reaction to it. But everything I suggest or ask about he dismisses. I wish I could find a Dr. like you up here!

Comment

digitalsurgeon is dr kruse
                      Yeh I know. I wondered if he had a link to gut incretin system.

Comment

That's great - I always like to know exactly what is going on.
                        Yeah, typically I do, too, but I've been researching what's been going on with me for nigh on a decade now, and just spent several years of my spare time (the spare time I have between homeschooling five sweeties) studying up on the digestive system trying to figure out how to resolve gut dysbiosis, and honestly, I just don't have time to become a leptin expert. I tried the guidelines and they're working for me right now, and I don't need to know the mechanism at this point, but I'm glad Dr. Kruse is so generously putting all the details he has time to type out onto his website so those who want the nitty gritty details can figure it out.

After I've caught up with my life (after having sat in a chair overwhelmed with fatigue for most of the last five years), and this is all still working well, and he's written his book, I'll go read up, lol.
                        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

You may be right but that is what is recommended by some - high carb and high calorie refeeds
                          Wrong crowd. That stuff is coming from people who don't need leptin reset or other hormone fixes.

We have a problem with fit people declaring what works for them must work for everyone, because they never experienced these problems.

Since people say a lot of different things, sometimes you have to decide who to believe.

Comment

Yeh I know. I wondered if he had a link to gut incretin system.
                            partially in my leptin and sleep yoked post. I have not hit the incretins yet because Im trying to get everyone to understand how important leptin is. And leptin levels are not the critical issue......it is what is happening at the receptor level and what is happening at the neurons that modulate the inflow and outflow tracts of sleep and metabolism. They are called the hypocretin or orexins neurons. We have on 50K of them total as humans. And long standing LR makes those cells undergo apoptosis......and they are never replaced. And when that happens we get permanent changes in sleep and metabolism...........unless we pharmacologically raise leptin levels with synthetic leptin from Amgen. This is precisely what Amgen found in the morbidly obese post gastric bypass in their trials.......and then we have the very interesting Findings of Dr Lecea from Stanford on hypocretin neurons loss and narcolepsy.........and cocaine addiction. All three are tied to leptin.........because its receptors modulate the hypocretin neuron function in th ehypothalamus to control the reward tracts (outflow only tracts) that Stephen Guyenet just wrote a series on. People just dont get how the entire system works.......they focus on one part. Well.......you cant. Amgen found this out in their trial. changing leptin levels did nothing for most groups......unless they had apoptosis of their HC neurons. That is a small subset of LR people and they can make any money selling this drug. If they did it would cost 4k a month. So they canned it.

Comment

• In my leptin prescription the first tenet is to make sure your LR and not LS. Lyle is not LR. Therefore the rules dont apply to him. In essense his epigenetic switches have never been turned on. For most of America eating a SAD loaded with PUFA's and fructose.......that directly cause LR it does......then when you add his regular carb refeeds and high insulin diet.........you have the perfect storm for a person with bad epigenetics. FOr Lyle and Colpo they mass gain on their diet. I understand fully why it works but they have no concept of what happpens in chaos of the LR. See I do. I am a clinician and treat people with this inflammatory brain disorder. I dont just train them and read and write about things. Leptin is how the brain sees global energy production in 20 trillion cells. Hormones are the currency of how the brain keeps track of homeostasis........to understand this you need to understand brain wiring, brain receptor function, hormonal functioning centrally and peripherally and how things all link up. I promise you it is not easy. I have always been at the top of my class all the way thru 25 yrs of training and I will tell you it took me until 7 yrs ago before I finally had the come to jesus moment. Now I am trying to disseminate very complicated stuff to the lay public because i realize it is the only way to eventually fix healthcare and my profession. Most of them dont get it and never will because the system is not set up for them to ever get it unless they read a ton. I read more about leptin than I did in 15 yrs to become a brain surgeon. Just think about that for a minute. Do you really think your PCP is going to invest that time when they perceive no payback? They will just send you to an endocrinologist because they should know this stuff..........go to them and tell me how you do. I do this because I already know the answer. I sent hundreds of osteopenic and pre and post menopausal women to them and they all got ambien SSRI's insulin or metaformin and statins. None got real treatment and not one heard anything about leptin.

Comment

• I would like to try this although I can't give up a pretty intense exercise schedule. That is so much meat in the morning (I'm allergic to eggs), I feel sick just thinking about it. I have a friend doing it and she is feeling good.

I'll eat that much meat tomorrow and see how I feel as a starter. I definitely have leptin issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X