Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wanderir View Post
    My Labs:

I switched from transdermal Testosterone to Testosterone Cypionate 5 weeks ago, hence the improvement in T levels. Unfortunetly, I also switched insurance and had to switch to Quest. So I don't know how accurate the Estradiol Sensitive results are. I'm taking the following:

On the reset for 4 months. Just did a Bod Pod test, body fat is down to 19%
    Just started doing Kettle Bell Training.

Weekly Testosterone Injections (5 weeks)
    Daily HCG Injections (7 months)
    DHEA Keto-7 100 mg a day (2 months)
    K2- 5mg a day (2 months)
    D3 50,000 iu a week (1 year)
    Magnesium Malate 1000 mg a day (2 months)

Not sure what all this means, my DHEA could be higher, add DHEA?
    Need to cut out all nightshades, I didn't stop eating them because my HDL was pretty good when last checked.
    SHBG still going up, not sure what to do with that, perhaps add some supliments.

Any feedback greatly appreciated!
    JanSz,
    I'd love to get your feedback on my latest lab tests!

Muchas Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by DuhPrincess View Post
      I'm thinking that going off all of your supplements and T3 for a few months should be tolerable since Kruse tells us to go off most supplements when starting Post LRx.
      It is good idea to keep in mind long list of tests that dr Kruse is doing 3-4x/year if not more often.

With that kind of backup he will not stray away very far.

/////////////
      Leptin For Dummies http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

Comment

• Originally posted by colleencoble View Post
        Do you take that much hcg, Jan? I thought you took 300 iu. I mentioned hcg injections to him. He's 50 though, 15 years older than my daughter.
        Currently I am taking Ovidrel. Recombinant HCG, rHCG.

How much I am taking would be a subject of debate, there is number of opinions about amount of equivalent HCG in 1/2cc syringe.
        5000iu,
        6500iu
        10000iu

If he have decent blood tests, you can post them here, I will give you my opinion.

-----------------------------------------

I am looking for some scientific/research based HCG dosing when applied in continuous HRT for men.
        There is some information available already, but it is as applicable to fertility problems.

I think men are abused when doctor is trying to get viable sperm out of them.
        But that is another topic.

/////////////////////

Comment

• His testosterone level is 225. Range on lab is up to 800 so definitely low. The doctor he went to balked at running what he called "female hormone" levels. Sigh. Isn't that nuts? Like men don't have some of those other hormones!

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
            So glad you found her, vkiernan!

For all who have found a local practitioner who is knowledgeable enough and humble enough to be your expert guide instead of your doctor god, what tips would you give for finding them? The thought of interviewing every doctor on my insurance plan is way beyond what I'm capable of, and even making appointments with the 4 or 5 recommended on our WPF chapter list is very time consuming.

What questions would you ask the receptionist (or doctor, if you're lucky) over the phone for an initial screening? Would you then schedule a brief interview? Does this usually cost something? What would you ask there, or in an initial consultation to find out if his philosophy, knowledge, and view of the doctor/patient relationship are compatible?
            I found my doc on the lyme board (lymenet.org). She practices integrative medicine. Select seeking a doctor at that link. Another place to look is on yahoo board for thyroid docs in your state. Other patients on the board can usually recommend someone that uses bio identicals in their practice.
            63 yo male
            Started reset Nov, 2011
            SW: 291
            CW: 230

Comment

• Originally posted by wanderir View Post
              JanSz,
              I'd love to get your feedback on my latest lab tests!

Muchas Thanks!
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post696560

post #15037

Comment

• Originally posted by Huck View Post
                I found my doc on the lyme board (lymenet.org). She practices integrative medicine. Select seeking a doctor at that link. Another place to look is on yahoo board for thyroid docs in your state. Other patients on the board can usually recommend someone that uses bio identicals in their practice.

Thyroid Disease Top Doctors Directory -- Best Practitioners for Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism & More

You might also try this list - these are all docs that are open to using armour so if you find an allergist/internist/etc on there they are probably pretty open minded and into bio-identicals etc

Better than the phone book or a hospital directory that is for sure!

Comment

• Originally posted by JanSz View Post
                  I have normal calcium levels, but low Vitamin D levels. I am similarly shocked by looking back at my lab tests with my new "JK" education and found lab reports where significant issues were never mentioned to me or treated. For example, my Vitamin D level was 16 and it was never mentioned nor was I told to supplement. This was at a University medical teaching hospital. However, it was long enough ago if I had a tumor I would probably already be dead?
                  And of course, with the birth of the artist came the inevitable afterbirth - the critic - Mel Brooks

My Journal

Comment

• Thanks! I'm not necessarily looking for a thyroid doc, but someone who can be the point man in helping me manage all my health care - but I'm sure those lists will help!
                    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by Shijin13
                      trying this again.....
                      Still not working...the suspense!

Comment

• Originally posted by smgj View Post
                        Chris Kresser has a podcast dedicated to obesity, leptin, leptin resistance, inflammation and weigth loss.
                        Why It’s So Hard To Lose Weight – And Keep It Off

Highly interesting
                        really interesting esp in light of what dr k was just saying about gastric bypass...in the transcript, chris kresser touches on it and then says something like "if anyone can figure out a nonsurgical way to lower the set point theyll be a billionaire..."

Comment

Thanks! I'm not necessarily looking for a thyroid doc, but someone who can be the point man in helping me manage all my health care - but I'm sure those lists will help!
                          Just because a doc uses bio identicals or is a good thyroid doc doesn't mean that's all they do. My doc is in NC, so she is too far away for you, but she is a good example of what you can find by looking outside the box. The 1st appointment with her was between 1 and 2 hours long. Follow ups are 30-45 minutes. She is Board Certified by the American Board of Clinical Metal Toxicology, the American Board of Emergency Medicine, and the American Board of Internal Medicine. She has a nutritionist, an herbalist, and an acupuncturist on staff. And I found her on the lyme board.

Good key words to look for are functional medicine and integrative medicine. When you look on lyme board or thyroid board, you are not just looking for a name. What you will find are stories similar to the ones on this thread from people who have been struggling for years and finally found a doctor that is helping them to recover. That might just be the kind of doc you are looking for.
                          63 yo male
                          Started reset Nov, 2011
                          SW: 291
                          CW: 230

Comment

• Originally posted by colleencoble View Post
                            His testosterone level is 225. Range on lab is up to 800 so definitely low. The doctor he went to balked at running what he called "female hormone" levels. Sigh. Isn't that nuts? Like men don't have some of those other hormones!
                            Do not let him suffer to long, you know what to do.

Complaining helps a little if at all.

///////////////

Comment

Thanks! I'm not necessarily looking for a thyroid doc, but someone who can be the point man in helping me manage all my health care - but I'm sure those lists will help!
                              I do not see you getting much excited about your:

Clostridia sp=21.1(1.5-6.2)

That may translate into
                              Clostridium difficile toxins A & B=biotoxins=Biological Toxins

If that was me, I would try to find this out or look for some kind of suggestions in that direction.

////

Comment

• Originally posted by JanSz View Post
                                Go to LabCorp for
                                Estradiol, sensitive
                                even if you have to pay cash;
                                without out it you screwed.

Nobody knows why you have growing SHBG (except dr Kruse).

Yoo are ripe to jump on preg, 7ketoDHEA, DHEAs
                                bandwagon
                                pills only, no creams or sublinguals
                                eat, test, eat, test, eat, test
                                include 200mg of 7ketoDHEA in procedure

JanSz,
                                Thanks so much!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X