Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    This looks great - gonna try it (minus the nightshades - chillis)
    oh and i forgot Shitake Mushrooms
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Guys, what are your thought on using clomid to stimulate testosterone for men.
      http://www.maledoc.com/blog/2010/04/...-works-in-men/

Comment

• Originally posted by Freshveggies View Post
        Guys, what are your thought on using clomid to stimulate testosterone for men.
        i had thought of it but most of the local MD's here are asshats and no way i was going to get it.

re: the blogg author.. he is NO Jack Kruse. He doesnt even attempt to answer in general or to point in the right direction. Makes me wonder why he blogs.
        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Freshveggies View Post
          Guys, what are your thought on using clomid to stimulate testosterone for men.
          If you do a search for Clomid here, you'll find good info:
          All Things Male - Testosterone Boost 101

Comment

• Originally posted by Huck View Post
            I think your t3 is actually free t3. If it is, I think your ft3/rt3 is too low.

rt3-ratio | Stop The Thyroid Madness
            Yep, both t3 and t4 are Free. My ratio has not improved since I started the reset.

Comment

• Originally posted by colleencoble View Post
              Thanks, oldschool!
              It seems like the dreaded post 15,000 came and went without the thread going into autodestruct.

About as eventful as Y2K or 1000 A.D.

However, I have a friend who was a systems administrator at a large university, and he said Y2K was a non-event because people running computer systems were pulling all-nighters well ahead of time.

Something I heard on CBC radio once, I think it was on the Royal Canadian Air Farce ("ici farce Canada" ...): "The world is ending at midnight! The world is ending at midnight! (12:30 in Newfoundland.)" <grin>

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                WHat I hate about seaweed is the "fishy" taste. I don't think it's really "fishy" - it's the taste you get with most farmed fish. I HATE farmed salmon but like wild-caught quite well. I'm wondering if the "fishy" taste (and obviously a lot of people tolerate this taste fine, or no one would ever eat fish if they hate it like I do!) has anything to do with the source of the seaweed. I mean, ocean water doesn't taste nasty like that.

Does seaweed always have tat taste? If so, I'll have to douse it in Frank's Red Hot or something (after I'm back on nightshades, lol). Maybe lots of cumin or other strong seasoning + bacon grease and coconut oil
                Thanks for the heads up about Kessler's Pattern 1, I'm going to take that to the doc.

As for seaweed, my daughter and I munch on the plain Nori sheets. Love them!

I bet you would like Kombu. It comes dried and hard, but you can soak it in water and warm it up in some butter, bacon fat, etc. and it tastes like bacon. It is delicious! It doesn't taste like what you think of as seaweed.
                And of course, with the birth of the artist came the inevitable afterbirth - the critic - Mel Brooks

My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by L8F View Post
                  For Iodine I LOVE SeaSnax toasted seaweed sheets. They are salted and have a small amount of olive oil. Delicious. I ate several packages the first day I tried them! (pre reset)
                  you can add it to your bone broths too........Nori tastes good in it

Comment

• Had my first visit with the new doc and I have to say she is thorough. I finally feel like someone cares enough to get at the root cause instead of treating the symptoms. She took away my bios progesterone & testosterone, 2/3's of my supplements including pregnenolone and my t3. She is giving me some armour so I don't totally bonk. She also believes in testing before supplementing.

I finally feel like the chaos of me trying to self-diagnose is over and glad she is taking the reins so-to-speak. I will continue to learn and ask questions as well as question her. She spent well over the alloted time with me to really get a clearer picture. Yes, she has heard of leptin and she didn't balk one bit over my diet. She is really concerned with my high cholesterol as she said I am not eating anything to cause it. I tried to explain the pregnenolone steal and that I have large fluffy particles but she wasn't buying my ldl number.

Pulled a lot of blood to be discussed in 2 weeks. She is also waiting 2 months for the bio's to clear out of me before testing hormones. She went thru a ton of questions and my old labs. She thinks I have some liver problem (not sure what and I believe Dr. K told me that to at some point) due to consistently high over-the-top BUN numbers along with others that I didn't catch (too much info flying back and forth). She also verified many times that I have an adrenal issue and is trying to find out why. That is why she took all those things from me; to get back to where my body would be without them to really see the big picture. She was sort of appaled that no one noticed some of the labs that needed to be dealt with.

For those of you looking into Iodine, she took that away too and said I would have to continue taking it for life if I continue to take it. Don't know if that means one becomes dependent or? I think she believes in eating real food to get what you need. Sounds like someone else around here!!!

All in all, so far, I am happy to have found her and can't wait for some successes. My energy has been really tanked for several months and I'm asleep now by 8:30 not by choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by wanderir View Post
                      If you do a search for Clomid here, you'll find good info:
                      All Things Male - Testosterone Boost 101
                      thanks

Comment

• So glad you found her, vkiernan!

For all who have found a local practitioner who is knowledgeable enough and humble enough to be your expert guide instead of your doctor god, what tips would you give for finding them? The thought of interviewing every doctor on my insurance plan is way beyond what I'm capable of, and even making appointments with the 4 or 5 recommended on our WPF chapter list is very time consuming.

What questions would you ask the receptionist (or doctor, if you're lucky) over the phone for an initial screening? Would you then schedule a brief interview? Does this usually cost something? What would you ask there, or in an initial consultation to find out if his philosophy, knowledge, and view of the doctor/patient relationship are compatible?
                        5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                        Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                        Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                        Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                        ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                          So glad you found her, vkiernan!

For all who have found a local practitioner who is knowledgeable enough and humble enough to be your expert guide instead of your doctor god, what tips would you give for finding them? The thought of interviewing every doctor on my insurance plan is way beyond what I'm capable of, and even making appointments with the 4 or 5 recommended on our WPF chapter list is very time consuming.

What questions would you ask the receptionist (or doctor, if you're lucky) over the phone for an initial screening? Would you then schedule a brief interview? Does this usually cost something? What would you ask there, or in an initial consultation to find out if his philosophy, knowledge, and view of the doctor/patient relationship are compatible?
                          I had the luxury of e-mailing her with my issues and asked her if she could help me without making me a test. She called within 10 min. and told me why everything was happening and thank god for this website cuz I knew she was on target at that point. She may be no Dr. K but definately a big step in the right direction.

Comment

• Why on earth did she take away your bios? A test now would see where your levels are with supplementation and see what needs adjusted. If something is too high, then you take it away. Man, I would have walked. LOL No one touches my bioidenticals unless they want to pull back a bloody stump!

Comment

• Originally posted by colleencoble View Post
                              Why on earth did she take away your bios? A test now would see where your levels are with supplementation and see what needs adjusted. If something is too high, then you take it away. Man, I would have walked. LOL No one touches my bioidenticals unless they want to pull back a bloody stump!
                              Because she needs a clear picture free of anything that might skew a result. It's ok, I'm on board as I didn't notice a difference with them anyway. Right now I need to focus on the adrenals cuz that is what's taking me down.

What do think of sublinqual bios? If she does any, she said she does that. They apparently don't build up in fat either like cream does.

I actually just had blood work done anyway. But, as she pointed out, it wasn't everything anyway so sort of worthless. I have to go with it for now as I wasn't making progress with the other doc or on my own.

Comment

• I don't like the sublinguals. I've tried them and don't feel as good on them. It's actually GOOD that bios build up in your fat stores. Then they release slowly and keep your levels even. My daughter likes the sublingual progesterone though. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X