breakfast for dinner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breakfast for dinner?

I promise this is my last post for the day.

I had two eggs for breakfast already.

How much more can I have? Is it ok to have for dinner? That's all I have in my fridge right now. Shopping tonorrow....
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

Go for it.

Comment

Yea it's okay to have for dinner. Have some bacon too.

Be cool, man.

Comment

Eat up!

It's all about AVERAGES. Worry about getting balanced nutrition over the course of the week and the month, not the day or the meal.
        Life is short: Void the warranty.

Comment

I would not eat more than two dozen eggs per day, or more than eight dozen per week.

Seriously, eggs are among the foods you least have to worry about overeating.

Comment

Originally posted by maurile View Post
            I would not eat more than two dozen eggs per day, or more than eight dozen per week.

Unless you are "Cool Hand Luke"

Comment

Originally posted by maurile View Post

So how many can I have with yolk?
              Big brains discuss ideas
              -Eleanore Roosevelt

Comment

Always eat the yolk. That is where most of the nutrients are.

Here is a cool video from Sean Croxton of Underground Wellness discussing egg yolks and chickens. I always get a kick out of watching it.
                YouTube - ‪Is God Stupid? Egg Yolks, Chicken Skin, & Bacon Fat!‬‏

I don't think there is an upper limit on how many eggs you can eat every day. They are a pretty complete food. Although some people do experience some auto-immune issues when they OD on eggs. So if you crave it then go for it. But if you can rotate it out once in awhile its better for the long run.
                "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

I think the background issue you have here is cholesterol. You really have to let go of the conventions on the subject of cholesterol. Read the primer, check out Robb Wolf's site, read Archevore. Primal/ Paleo folks are NOT lipophobes. The take home message here is eat as many eggs as you like.
                  Check out my blog: ANTHROfit

Comment

no man can eat 50 eggs!

Comment

Ever since I stopped believing in the CW idea of cholesterol, I've been downing ~4 eggs a day. I think my max in a day was 8 (fried eggs are irresistible!)

Comment

Originally posted by sooki View Post
                        Ever since I stopped believing in the CW idea of cholesterol, I've been downing ~4 eggs a day. I think my max in a day was 8 (fried eggs are irresistible!)
                        Haha awesome. I.keep.Freaking myself out thinking all the high fat and cholesterol is gonna kill me
                        Big brains discuss ideas
                        -Eleanore Roosevelt

Comment

Even before going primal, I had eggs for dinner on occasion. Nothing wrong with it. And I had chicken or pork chops for breakfast. Funny how CW assigns foods to certain meals. But there is no real justification for that.

As far as having eggs more than once in a day, no problem there either.
                          Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
                            Even before going primal, I had eggs for dinner on occasion. Nothing wrong with it. And I had chicken or pork chops for breakfast. Funny how CW assigns foods to certain meals. But there is no real justification for that.

As far as having eggs more than once in a day, no problem there either.
                            what the hell is CW? lol
                            Big brains discuss ideas
                            -Eleanore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by btownshreds View Post
                              what the hell is CW? lol
                              Conventional Wisdom. Things like - "If you eat more than 3 eggs a week you will get high cholesterol and DIE!" "Only eat low fat foods and lots of whole grains because if you eat anything else you will DIE!" "Red meat is bad for you. Only eat tasteless boneless skinless chicken or you will DIE!"

Okay, I added the DIE part but it is implied by most CW

Comment

Working...
                              X