Clear All

• soy milk?

its not dairy.....so is it ok for the primal life? sorry guys im learning
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

No, not so much.

If you can't drink real milk then try almond milk.
    ~Blog~

Comment

wait so what milk can i drink!!! ???
      Big brains discuss ideas
      -Eleanore Roosevelt

Comment

Cow milk, goat milk, almond milk are all fine.
        ~Blog~

Comment

Generally you want to avoid soy. It's not good stuff.

If I had to choose between soy and cow milk... I'd pick cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
            Generally you want to avoid soy. It's not good stuff.

If I had to choose between soy and cow milk... I'd pick cow.
            thank you
            Big brains discuss ideas
            -Eleanore Roosevelt

Comment

coconut milk!

Comment

where do i get all these things ive never tried? like coconut milk, hempseed etc etc
                Big brains discuss ideas
                -Eleanore Roosevelt

Comment

coconut milk can be found in most major grocery stores. But, you're likely to find it in Asian markets
                  If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Soy has a lot of phyto-estrogens, which are chemicals that mimic estrogen in your body. It can really mess up your hormone balances, both male and female. Don't do it.

Comment

Yeah you want to avoid soy all together. If you cannot tolerate cow's milk you may want to give coconut or almond milk a try. Almost all the grocery stores in my area carry almond and coconut milk, so you don't necessarily have to go to a specialty store. Like Issanjose said, if you can't find coconut milk in the refrigerated area near all the other milks, you can try the Asian/Ethnic section and look for canned coconut milk.
                      "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

You're not going to grow boobs from drinking soy milk once in a while. Studies in men have shown no marked effects in hormone balance. Do some research on this, the studies are there. Is it healthy? Not really, it doesn't help you, but it doesn't hurt to consume in moderation. I wouldn't drink a glass of soy milk every day but the reality is, it probably won't hurt you. Still, in terms of primal living, if you can tolerate milk, whole milk is way more beneficial than soy and there's really no good reason to ever replace anything with soy product.

Comment

If you want to try coconut milk or almond milk, many of the mainstream grocery stores are carrying it now. It's usually in either the refrigerated case or the health food aisle, but if you don't see it, keep looking.

Like anything else, make sure you compare labels before you buy.
                          Durp.

Comment

Originally posted by secretlobster View Post
                            it doesn't help you, but it doesn't hurt to consume in moderation.
                            Moderation is such a terrible word when it comes to diet.
                            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                              Moderation is such a terrible word when it comes to diet.
                              +1

who needs "milk"? you could easily just cut it out of your diet if you don't like your options. but i would definitely avoid soy"milk".
                              my primal journal:
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X