What can you tell me about Omega 7?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can you tell me about Omega 7?

I just discovered a new nutrient that is critical for our bodies... Omega 7. I have never read or heard of it until 1-2 days ago.

What can YOU tell me about the omega 7 fatty acid? Someone told me macadamia nuts are rich in omega 7. I'm surprised Mark has never wrote an article on this nutrient. Or has he?

I want to learn more from YOU. Stabby... where are ya?!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Meaning no disrespect but you hadn't heard of it until yesterday. I hadn't heard of it until now. Yet, we both seem to be in reasonably good health. My point, perhaps worrying about every single tiny little nutrient might not be a great idea. Eat, eat naturally, live well. It is what Grok did after all. It's not like he sat around the fire and said, "Hey Grokkette, how much Omega 7 in this buffalo?"

Comment

1.Omega-7 fatty acids are a healthy form of trans- fat.
      Trans- fat gets a bad rap because some kinds of trans- fat increase cellular inflammation and irritate the linings of arteries. Omega-7 fatty acids like vaccenic (literally "cow") fatty acid found in dairy products is a trans- fat that helps your body overcome inflammation, if you don't eat too much of other fatty foods.

2.Omega-7 fatty acids are not found in non-fat foods.
      It may seem obvious, but you don't get your omega-7's in non-fat dairy products. Only dairy products made with whole milk or at least 2 per cent fat milk provide these fatty acids. Omega-7 fatty acids are in liquid milk, cheese, and yogurt.

3.The omega-7 fatty acid in dairy products may actually lower cholesterol.
      Scientists at the University of Albert have found that feeding lab rats vaccenic acid for sixteen weeks lowered total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides. This is not, of course, the effect that you would expect by feeding yourself lots of cheese and butter.

6.Too much omega-7 in the diet causes an unpleasant side effect.
      When omega-7 fatty acids accumulate in the oily sebum that lubricates the skin, they are broken down into the chemical 2-noneal, which causes the phenomenon known as "old people smell." Frequent washing and specially formulated cosmetics eliminate the smell.
      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

This would appear to be what you're talking about:

Vaccenic acid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
          Meaning no disrespect but you hadn't heard of it until yesterday. I hadn't heard of it until now. Yet, we both seem to be in reasonably good health. My point, perhaps worrying about every single tiny little nutrient might not be a great idea. Eat, eat naturally, live well. It is what Grok did after all. It's not like he sat around the fire and said, "Hey Grokkette, how much Omega 7 in this buffalo?"
          And i sort of agree since i cannot seem to find out where this came from either. nect it will be omega 99

soon they will be suggesting we eat a balanced diet full of all edible things onthe planet just to make certian we are covered and to stop single sourcing our nutrition.... er oh wait nah they will make us all eat corn
          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Ah! This is what I know it as. The poorly written trans-fat laws caused companies to reformulate their products to remove it and replace it with less healthy items.
            “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
            Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

From Wiki:
              Mammals convert it into rumenic acid, a conjugated linoleic acid,[5][6] where it shows anticarcinogenic properties.[7
              So basically it's CLA. Great stuff! It's why I eat dairy and grass-fed ruminants.
              Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
              Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
              Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

I think you got the wrong idea. I don't care deep down. But, guess what? I LOVE learning and I had no idea that omega 7 existed. So, why not learn more about it? It's fun for me. Educational, exhilarating. I am a curious guy who is curious about how the world works including myself.

Comment

I think you got the wrong idea. I don't care deep down. But, guess what? I LOVE learning and I had no idea that omega 7 existed. So, why not learn more about it? It's fun for me. Educational, exhilarating. I am a curious guy who is curious about how the world works including myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                    From Wiki:

So basically it's CLA. Great stuff! It's why I eat dairy and grass-fed ruminants.
                    Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
                      That makes sense, and many of your posts are very thought provoking. Sometimes I just come on the forum and want to bang my head on my desk because some people (not you) seem to obsess over every little detail. One day I fully expect to read a post that says something like, "Well, I had to eat 2.34 almonds today to get up my ratio of Omega232 and then I ate exactly .98 oz of steak coated in <insert random herb here> because I was only at 98.4% of my weekly magnesium level, and then I urinated, but I only expelled 3.7 fl oz because I need to maintain my ph balance which is off because I looked at a donut last Tuesday..." Sometimes people need to just eat.

Comment

In before: "It comes right after Omega 6 and right before Omega 8."

Comment

Omega 666 can only be found in Soylent Green
                          Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
                            right on!
                            my primal journal:
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

I've actually taken omega 7 in the form of sea buckthorn berry oil. It's mainly used to heal mucus membrane linings (stomach, lungs, gut, bladder) and to improve skin health (topically, sea buckthorn is anti aging and good for rosacea and acne). It's fabulous for healing stomach ulcers- it can heal them in as little as four days.
                              So, consider omega 7 a healing but non-essential nutrient.
                              http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X