Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paleo breakfast for beginner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Paleo breakfast for beginner?

    hey guys. i looked everywhere to see if this ha already been posted....i just am curious.... for breakfast sometimes ill have two whole eggs and an egg white with farmer john sausage and a banana and avacado...i pretty much keep it around the base....

    my question is i went up two lbs and im exercising and not eating over my calories....

    any ideas as to what could be wrong?
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

  • #2
    More info needed, male/female/age/weight?
    Do you have any health issues?
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

    Comment


    • #3
      banana has lots of sugar

      Comment


      • #4
        Banana's are pretty high in carbs, I would check your daily totals to make sure you are at a 60/30/10 ratio. (fat/protein/carb)

        Comment


        • #5
          It's hard to say...

          Are you gaining fat or muscle? You need to measure body fat to know. Even then, it may be NEITHER:

          Salt and fluid intake can EASILY cause your weight to change by more than two pounds IN A SINGLE DAY. A high salt intake (bacon and sausage, for example) will cause your body to take on additional water to keep your electrolyte levels in balance. Lower your salt intake and your body will purge the extra water weight as well. I've see a big, salty meal cause my weight to jump by 3.5 pounds in 24 hours. 24 hours after that 2 of those pounds were already gone again.
          Life is short: Void the warranty.

          Comment


          • #6
            im male, 5'11, 247 from 275. i just have anxiety and depression, and i keep an eye on my carbs everyday and im always way far away from going over.
            Big brains discuss ideas
            Average brains discuss events
            Small brains discuss people...
            -Eleanore Roosevelt

            Comment


            • #7
              thank u gunnk....my question is, if im eating primal then naturally my salt intake is going to be higher because animal protein/fat correct?
              Big brains discuss ideas
              Average brains discuss events
              Small brains discuss people...
              -Eleanore Roosevelt

              Comment


              • #8
                gunnk i measure my body fat too. im 247 and my scale that measures body fat says im 37.7% body fat. doesnt makes sense. i have alot more muscle than fat man
                Big brains discuss ideas
                Average brains discuss events
                Small brains discuss people...
                -Eleanore Roosevelt

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by btownshreds View Post
                  thank u gunnk....my question is, if im eating primal then naturally my salt intake is going to be higher because animal protein/fat correct?
                  Not necessarily. Some meats are very high in salt - usually added during curing or to enhance flavor, others aren't. I make omelets for my family every morning: 2 eggs, ham, onions and cheese. Almost all the salt comes from the cheese with a little more from the ham. I don't salt the omelets. Sometimes I use bacon instead of ham -- then the salt content tends to be quite high and I can definitely tell the difference.

                  Same thing with other primal foods. I usually use unsalted nuts although MOST nuts at the store that aren't in-the-shell are loaded down with salt (and often use oils and flour as a binder to get it to stick). You have to watch for that.

                  In any case, a primal diet does not need to be high in salt -- in fact, Grok probably didn't have much salt in his diet unless he ate a lot of seafood.
                  Life is short: Void the warranty.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gunnk View Post
                    Not necessarily. Some meats are very high in salt - usually added during curing or to enhance flavor, others aren't. I make omelets for my family every morning: 2 eggs, ham, onions and cheese. Almost all the salt comes from the cheese with a little more from the ham. I don't salt the omelets. Sometimes I use bacon instead of ham -- then the salt content tends to be quite high and I can definitely tell the difference.

                    Same thing with other primal foods. I usually use unsalted nuts although MOST nuts at the store that aren't in-the-shell are loaded down with salt (and often use oils and flour as a binder to get it to stick). You have to watch for that.

                    In any case, a primal diet does not need to be high in salt -- in fact, Grok probably didn't have much salt in his diet unless he ate a lot of seafood.
                    very appreciated man. im a touring professional musician and its hard on the road...i just got back from europe and that was hardddd. where can i look on here for how to eat proper like grok?
                    Big brains discuss ideas
                    Average brains discuss events
                    Small brains discuss people...
                    -Eleanore Roosevelt

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Start with the book if you don't have it! There are lots of primal recipes (including a free recipe book) available here on the site, but eating on the road is HARD. No two ways about it. Big salads with grilled chicken are often your best bet. The basic rules: Avoid grains. Eat lots of veggies. Eat meat and seafood. Avoid sugar. AVOID GRAINS.

                      Seriously... dropping grains has been a huge change for the better in regards to my health. More than any other rule: AVOID GRAINS.

                      Eating a healthy primal diet in a non-primal fast-food culture is challenging. It's a deliberate choice you have to make with eyes wide open, but the rewards are so very worth it!
                      Life is short: Void the warranty.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by btownshreds View Post
                        im male, 5'11, 247 from 275. i just have anxiety and depression, and i keep an eye on my carbs everyday and im always way far away from going over.
                        Sounds like it could be more than diet.

                        Start with working on your sleep (adrenals)

                        Melatonin, The Science of Sleeping Right, Naturally

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          u can eat primal when u go to a burger joint right?
                          Big brains discuss ideas
                          Average brains discuss events
                          Small brains discuss people...
                          -Eleanore Roosevelt

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by btownshreds View Post
                            u can eat primal when u go to a burger joint right?
                            YES! Ditch the bun and build a "Burger Salad". That's what I do when we cook out.
                            Life is short: Void the warranty.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              awesome. i ask because when on tour i cant cook in a kitchen! dude u rule! i really would like to keep in touch with u while on tour!!!
                              Big brains discuss ideas
                              Average brains discuss events
                              Small brains discuss people...
                              -Eleanore Roosevelt

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X