Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could going primal trigger dairy intolerance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I really hope that I'm ok with this...and if I am not, I am going to keep drinking milk until I am."

Oh my. You are a strange man. Do you love milk that much that if it makes you feel like crap, you'll force yourself to drink it in order to make the crap feeling go away?

Good luck with that one....

Comment

I am feeling ok now. So I think I am OK. I will update in a few hours./

Comment

Well, from my own experience, it may take longer than an hour or so for an intolerance to make itself known - it's different from an allergy (think anaphylaxis from nuts for example). I ate something with oats in, thinking it would be fine, and about 4 hours later I had bloating, stomach cramps and so on - classic IBS. No way am I eating oats again - I never ever want to go through all that way of living again (which I was pre-primal).

Which is why I don't understand why you would force yourself through that kind of pain and discomfort.

In fact, I don't understand you at all, to be honest! And I don't mean that to be rude.

Comment

I am pretty ununderstandable...like that word I just made up

Anyway, I am going strong with the milk in my system...as long as I don't poop myself in class, I think I will be good. I sure hope I don't....

Comment

I can't imagine why you would do that - intolerance doesn't always result in diarrhea!

Comment

I feel fine. I am good with milk I think.

Comment

bobbylight, you are hillarious!

I do ok with dairy, but I've definitely cut it down. I used to drink 1% milk with every meal and inbetween. My dh and I would go through a 4L jug every day, or every other day at the most!

Sheesh. Now I have maybe 1 glass a day, of the full fat stuff!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
                -John Lennon

Comment

I am trying to include some milk into my diet for added protein and calcium (although many think calcium isn't important, I still believe it has benefits).

Comment

Working...
                  X