How many of the ladies here IF?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of the ladies here IF?

Based on observations it seems to be something a lot of the men here do and a few ladies. I'm just curious to see how many ladies IF and do it on a regular basis? How long do you fast for?

I've done 24-26 hour fasts three times in the last two weeks and I find it fairly easy to do.
    Pax, Lux

I do, infrequently, until I get hungry basically. Most of the time I'll fast simply because I can't be bothered to make something to eat in the mornings.
    So in answer to your question, probably around 3-4 times a week for about 17+ hours.
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

I'm about the same as PixieKitten. A lot of the time I'm just not hungry when I get up and I like to workout fasted. Between my dogs and whatnot, most of the time I can't get my workout in until 9:30-10:00am or so. By that point, it doesn't make much sense to me to eat. I just wait until lunch. But it all depends. Before I started PB though if I didn't eat breakfast someone was going to die. Now, I just eat bacon and eggs (and steak, yummm) for lunch!

Comment

I fast from 7pm to 11am most days. Then I eat at 11, 3, and 6--very helpful pattern for me.

Comment

I have an eating window of 6-8 hours. Generally, I don't start eating until noon and then I have 1 or 2 meals. I flex my start time, depending on my schedule/activities.

It took me a few weeks to realize that most of my hunger signals were from ghrelin surges and I wasn't really "hungry" for food, just hungry out of habit. Johnny writes about it here:You Will Be Hungry | The Lean Saloon
          Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
          Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
          Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

About 16 hours most days.

Comment

This is me too - most days I'll eat dinner around 8 - 9 at night, then not eat anything again until 2-3 the next day because that's when I finally decide I'm hungry and have the motivation to actually do something about fixing food for myself.

Originally posted by PixieKitten View Post
              Most of the time I'll fast simply because I can't be bothered to make something to eat in the mornings.
              ~ Chris

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didnít understand the assignment.

I told them they didnít understand life.
              ó John Lennon

sigpic

Comment

I eat at 12pm-1pm and 6pm-7pm, ideally with no snacking but it tends to happen. This pattern makes me feel really good. I'd like to do some 24 hour fasts but I am surrounded by snack food at all hours of the day so if I don't eat a meal earlier on I'll just start shoveling those down.

Comment

I fast once a week from 6pm Thursday nights to 6pm on Friday then I have a resonable dinner. It has helped with weight loss.

Comment

I drink coffee with cream in the morning ... then eat lunch and dinner. On the weekends I will eat a late breakfast and early dinner and then fast from 4ish until the next day (not every weekend, though... just depends on how I feel).

Comment

I just got back from the bathroom and thought I'd share something very interesting. I'm almost 18 and my cycle still has no apparent order - in the beginning I blamed it on my age but my amenorrhea has coincided with depression and weight gain and has lasted 4, 6, and even 8 months, so there is definitely more to it. In March I started an IF regimen. Within a week, my period was back. Could have been a coincidence. Between then and now I fell of the wagon, but now after another week of IF it's back again. Now I doubt it was a coincidence. Yep, I think IF is right for me

Comment

My max, so far, is about 16 hours. during the week I eat at 10, 1, and 6. On Saturdays, I have a slightly bigger breakfast at about 9 but don't eat after that until at least 3.
                        Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
                        Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
                        CW: 146.8 lbs
                        GW 140 lbs
                        A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

I do too. Twice a week. I'm trying to get quite lean right now too. I fast for 22 to 24hrs depending on when I get to eat my meal. I love it. So convenient at work. I like not worrying about food.

Comment

Not intentionally, but if I'm not hungry, I don't eat. If I'm upset over something, which happened very recently, I used to run to food. Now, I don't want to eat anything. After getting some bad news, I didn't feel like eating for over 24 hours. I didn't get hungry, I wasn't dizzy, and when I felt like eating I just went back to how I eat, no stuffing myself etc.

Wow, I just realized, I did not emotionally eat... and I'm a horrible emotional eater! Or... maybe I *was*!
                            Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

I am just two weeks in and I naturally seem to eat two meals and a snack between 11am and 6 or 7pm.

Comment

Working...
                              X