Leptin Resistance - Questions!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quelson,

If you don't follow the Dr. Kruse Leptin Reset Rules, you are on your own.

It is hard enough to lose weight by trial & error. I prefer to follow a tried & proven diet known to work, so I will follow Dr. Kruse.

Go ahead and invent an all-new diet, and then let us know how it works for you. Then call it the Quelson Diet.

Grizz

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
      quelson,

If you don't follow the Dr. Kruse Leptin Reset Rules, you are on your own.

It is hard enough to lose weight by trial & error. I prefer to follow a tried & proven diet known to work, so I will follow Dr. Kruse.

Go ahead and invent an all-new diet, and then let us know how it works for you. Then call it the Quelson Diet.

Grizz
      er, did you think i was advocating something here?

am i misreading you, or were you telling me to STFU?

did i do something to bother you specifically?
      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Quelson - I thought that the BAB was the one hard and fast rule besides no snacking. If you eat your one meal w/in 30min of waking, that's fine but waiting until later in the day would be doing more of the warier diet from what I've seen. Ask Dr K on the leptin blog - I bet he'll answer with how it will effect you. He seems really interested in your success.

Comment

Sticking up for Quelson here...I thought he had worked out what he was doing with Dr. K and that it was different than our reset... : ))
          Indigogirl

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Flinger View Post
            Quelson - I thought that the BAB was the one hard and fast rule besides no snacking. If you eat your one meal w/in 30min of waking, that's fine but waiting until later in the day would be doing more of the warier diet from what I've seen. Ask Dr K on the leptin blog - I bet he'll answer with how it will effect you. He seems really interested in your success.
            has anyone looked at the date on the post??????

has anyone read the actual content????

it was a fraking question to the fraking doctor way before i understood anything.

but seriously what in gods green earth caused such a response from my initial question????

<storms off to mutter about the general stupidity of int interwebz>

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Originally posted by quelsen View Post

it was a fraking question to the fraking doctor way before i understood anything.

but seriously what in gods green earth caused such a response from my initial question????

Don't storm off, it will raise your cortisol

I think the OP was a little bit over-zealous and misunderstood your post and hasn't had a chance to read all the way through the original thread otherwise they would be in awe of your success so far. You've come a long way baby!

Comment

Originally posted by quelsen View Post

"oops", she replies sheepishly
                Indigogirl

Comment

Originally posted by cma77 View Post
                  Don't storm off, it will raise your cortisol

I think the OP was a little bit over-zealous and misunderstood your post and hasn't had a chance to read all the way through the original thread otherwise they would be in awe of your success so far. You've come a long way baby!
                  giggle, i was more confuzzled than stormy

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Grizz is way over-zealous. I'm glad its working for him. He has created heaps of links re leptin and Dr Kruse.
                    https://docs.google.com/document/pub...Z_6bme_8E-XYOo
                    Last edited by Sue; 10-10-2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Hi all!
                      I am starting Dr K's plan today. Just had a few questions on certain foods.
                      are we able to use : Flax seeds? Coco powder? grass fed sour cream?
                      also, do people see body fat loss and no scale loss?
                      one more thing... I am not obese, just have about 20 pounds to loose, could I work out in the first 30 mins I wake and then eat? I work till 9 at night and working out after 5 isn't an option, I go to bed at 10..
                      Thanks!
                      Im 5'4 140 pounds, 22 years old. Hashimotos/adrenal fatigue...

Comment

Also... Is the 25 carb total the net carbs (carbs minus fiber?) or just the total...?

Comment

What about napping? If you take a nap in the afternoon (or any other time, for that matter), does it screw up the reset? Readjust fat-burning sleep time at night?

Comment

Sarah -- definitely read Jack Krauses blog for the basics of the leptin reset. According to him, you will delay or stop the reset by exercising early or even at all, at the beginning. There are some very specific biochemical reactions you are trying to promote when you do the reset -- which he explains in great detail. If you don't do the high protein early morning meal and you exercise first thing, your body may not do the actual reset, or it may take a very long time to happen. The reset takes 4-8 weeks on average, with good compliance. Non-compliance can set you back a week or more, according to Krause. It is just a one to two month deal, so you probably want to do it right (including testing to see if your reverse T-3 is elevated.)
                            Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

Comment

I asked him and he said to work out before bed if I have to. Also is it 25 carbs or 25 NET carbs??? No one seems to answer this!

Comment

Working...
                              X