5 Reasons Why You Eat More Bacon Than Me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
    Does anyone know how to make homemade bacon bits?! Would you just simply dehydrate bacon? Now that I think about it... using bacon as a condiment is a EXTRAORDINARY idea. Having homemade bacon bits on hand would be awesome. Any ideas?!
    Cook a .lb until crispy, let it sit in the fridge for a bit to get it nice and hard. Blend in food processor, add spices if inclined (cayenne). Pour into shaker.

Comment

If Bacon be the Devil, then I am a satanist.

Comment

Bacon is not the devil.

Comment

I think beef bacon has a slightly better nutrient profile, no?//

Comment

Isn't beef bacon basically Steak-Mms?

Add me to the heretic list, I don't actually like bacon. I am clearly missing out since it's so well-loved, though.

I'm usually a major salt addict (low blood pressure) but even that is not enough to tempt me.
            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

It isn't kosher, not because of the devil but because pigs are scavengers. Neither is lobster, etc...etc. Kosher Foods - Oxford Chabad Society - Serving Oxford Jewish Students
              Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                If Bacon be the Devil, then I am a satanist.
                Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the boar.
                sigpic

Comment

I eat 2 lb's a week and cook my veggies / eggs / fries in the fat... mmmm.. fat, sometimes I just eat spoonfuls of the fat.

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                    I eat about a pound a week. Sure, it is salty but since I do not salt anything else I figure it doesn't really matter. I find it no messier than any other meat. Vitamins etc? yeah, I eat plenty of other things with vitamins. Bacon is about enjoying life; it's like coffee only made of meat. I also don't worry about Omega 6 and all that. Yeah, I am probably a bad grok; then again, I really don't care.
                    +1
                    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

How about this - Mangalitsa hogs. I may have to drop by Corti Brothers a buy some Mangalitsa bacon. Yum.

Pagan bacon lover
                      Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicator View Post
                        I think beef bacon has a slightly better nutrient profile, no?//
                        Beef "bacon" isn't bacon....neither is turkey "bacon". Bacon is cured and smoked pork belly. Can't get that from any other animal!

Comment

I'll admit, when I first went primal my poor, fat deprived brain went BACON AND EGGS NOW! and so I ate that every day for breakfast for some time.

But bacon is expensive, and after awhile, I reached saturation levels with it. I needed to "make up" for all that time lost on not eating bacon, and now that I've reached an equilibrium with it again, we don't have such a fierce love. I'll still eat it at least once a week, but it's not longer a daily occurrence.

Crap! I'm An Adult!

My Primal Journal

http://badquaker.com <--- podcast I'm a part of. Check it out if you like anarchy, geekiness and random ramblings.

Comment

I think I go through 12 oz in a month and a half. I just don't want it very often, because I hafta be in a mood for something salty, or I need to cook something in the grease. I may be odd, but bacon just isn't the end-all be-all primal food to me. Steak, on the other hand...
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

Toad, you eat more bacon than me. I have quite a bit of it in my freezers, but I don't even recall the last time I had any of it. I'm guessing it's been seven or eight months.
                              http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

I eat about 1/2lb of fresh bacon or pork belly a week, but I like to mix it up with other fresh sausage. why do I eat it? it tastes good and fills me up.

Comment

Working...
                                X