X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs

How many is safe to eat in one day?

Yesterday I had four, today 3.....

I am starting out on a week of strict primal, no fruit, nuts or dairy....

Thanks,
    S

You could eat as many as you want! Try to source organic/pasture eggs if you can.

Comment

At some point, I guess you could theoretically reach a number of eggs which are contrary to whatever your health/nutritional or fitness goals.

But unless you do something really extreme, where you are physically damaging your body (think "Cool Hand Luke"), I do not think that there is an upper limit that would be consider unsafe.

Comment

What about the acido-basic balance of your body, if you're having so many ? (i'm talking about that net acidic load you want to avoid before going to bed - cf. Dr. Cordain)
        ======== ==== == =
        Be hardcore, drink water

Comment

Well...if you eat too many you might fart a lot.
          I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

i had 7 yesterday
            Get on my Level
            http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

i eat 5-7 per day!

i went primal in feb 2010
              200lbs
              37% body fat
              38-40 waist

1 year to the day
              140lbs
              7.8% body fat
              29 waist

currently
              137lbs
              7% body fat
              29 waist

Comment

I average 4 a day, sometimes as many as 7 lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Furan View Post
                  What about the acido-basic balance of your body, if you're having so many ? (i'm talking about that net acidic load you want to avoid before going to bed - cf. Dr. Cordain)
                  I was playing with numbers based on the ratings of different foods. Acid Alkaline Food Chart | Identify pH of Foods and Drinks Look at the avoid column!!! In my eyes the acid/alkaline deal is bonk and the first word that comes to mind are words the start with "V E G"

This seems almost impossible unless your diet is mostly vegetables.

Oh I eat 4-5 day and some incidentals in primal mayo, etc. 3 dozen a week seems to be what I usually buy.
                  Last edited by pyro13g; 06-07-2011, 07:55 AM.

Comment

This many.
                    carl's cave

Comment

I ate between 12-18 a day for two weeks in early May, 2011. It was the best. Now I drink a gallon of milk because it's easier.

I'm so healthy.

Comment

An average of 20-30 a week at most. I may have had more.

Comment

I average between 15-25 a week. But before I exiled my traditional breakfast time in favor of IF, I was eating 25-35 per week minimum.

My *lunch* has become a breakfast meal about half the week lately with BAS landing in the other half.

Comment

i was eating around 21 a week, and yes i farted a lot, but BEHOLD:
                            i became suddenly sensitive to them, to the point where i was almost crapping my pants daily for months. i got really tired after eating them, horrible loose stool, and nauseous half an hour after eating them. turns out you can develop an intolerance to eggs. i stopped eating eggs a few weeks back all together and everything i was going through turned around completely. it was so sad, too, cuz eggs are pretty much the healthiest and tastiest thing ever. i even got chickens a few months back, before i knew what was going on. such a shame!
                            i plan on reintroducing them in a few weeks to see if i can handle them.
                            be careful!

Comment

I eat 16oz of white egg beaters 2x a week after hard weight training days. I only eat about a dozen more whole eggs fried in butter in 3-4 egg servings the rest of the week.

Comment

Working...
                              X