Your Secret Indulgence...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Secret Indulgence...

Do you have that one food or sauce or drink that is strictly NOT Primal, but you just indulge in it anyway? Not excessively, but you do eat it anyway? Mine is teriyaki sauce on chicken. Not all too much; maybe a tablespoon or less, but I really can't go without it. So... what's your secret indulgence?

Peanut butter.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Comment

I have a sh!t-ton of rolled oats (costco size) to get through.

I'm all about going primal, but I'm not going to waste food just to get there 100% rightthisveryinstant.

I have no reaction to them either.

They should be gone in about a month.

And yanno, oats... not much of an indulgence there! HAR! BOR-RING!

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
        Peanut butter.
        I'll hitch my wagon to the peanut butter convoy, even though I rarely buy it AND even though it's in a murky area of whether it's strictly "Primal."

Otherwise, I have to go with no-bake cookies. The ones with oats and sugar. Yes there are PB-style ones out there but dammit my mom's are phenomenal.
        Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
        -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
          Peanut butter.
          i 2nd that PeaNut BUtteR. all natural mixed with flaxseed and honey! its like crack to me

i went primal in feb 2010
          200lbs
          37% body fat
          38-40 waist

1 year to the day
          140lbs
          7.8% body fat
          29 waist

currently
          137lbs
          7% body fat
          29 waist

Comment

Triple tall soy mocha, 5 pumps of chocolate. Totally non Primal but it's in the category of "if I had to give that up to go Primal I never would have done it". I only have 4-8 a month ( for financial reasons). I get out to eat very rarely so if I do, I don't worry too much about Primal either.
            I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
            Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
            "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

I'm with you - Teriyaki sauce. Not a huge portion of my diet, but not willing to give it up.

Comment

Comment

*sigh* Apple Fritters. So Bad, I know.

Comment

Cheese wontons with sweet and sour sauce. Horrible, but do it about once a month and love every bite.

Comment

Irish whiskey, and stinky cheese.
                      This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                      Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Store bought ketchup!

I dip my sweet potatoes in it or put it on top of hamburger patties.

I can't live without it.

Comment

"One can only be a perfect physician for oneself alone. " ~ Luigi Cornaro

Comment

I've been really good since going primal, excluding soya sauce, two chocolate covered ice cream bars, and licking the knife after doing peanut butter toast for the kid
                            Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
                            Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
                            CW: 146.8 lbs
                            GW 140 lbs
                            A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Beer
                              People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

Working...
                              X