sparkling mineral water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparkling mineral water

I was wondering if sparkling water is ok; been doing good cutting out sodas (diet) out of my paleo diet but have the urge sometimes for carbonated drinks so I was wondering if sparkling water is ok. Thanks.

i drink it all the time, so do my kids. kombucha tea is good when you need carbonation too, although it does have some sugar.

Comment

Me too. I keep sparkling water at work and I drink kombucha as well. Both are very good options.

Comment

I love it so much, I have a carbonator at home. I love adding a few slices of lemon or lime to it.

Comment

Thanks much for the info guys

Comment

Got my wife a SodaStream home carbonator for Christmas. It is GREAT! Flavor how you want it, much less expensive, no plastic bottles (except the two that came with it). After 6 months of use, ew are vary happy. It is a daily-use "appliance" rather than a novelty that got used the first week and has been on a back shelf ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
              Got my wife a SodaStream home carbonator for Christmas. It is GREAT! Flavor how you want it, much less expensive, no plastic bottles (except the two that came with it). After 6 months of use, ew are vary happy. It is a daily-use "appliance" rather than a novelty that got used the first week and has been on a back shelf ever since.
              I've had mine for about two years. I go through a liter of fizzy water most days. So that's a lot of use.

Comment

Not it is not okay to consume carbonated water. It is acidic and will leach calcium from bones. You need to maintain an alkaline state.

Now and then - okay. Every day - not okay...

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisflyer View Post
                  Not it is not okay to consume carbonated water. It is acidic and will leach calcium from bones. You need to maintain an alkaline state.

Mark's words, quoted from an article about diet soda. Here, he is talking about the ingredients of carbonated diet soda:

Carbonated water, some sort of food coloring, and preservatives like potassium benzoate are all innocuous enough. Nothing to worry about there. You won’t see Mercola issuing dire warnings about Caramel Color No. 76 anytime soon. It’s the other stuff that interests (or worries) us: artificial sweeteners and (to a lesser extent) phosphoric acid
                  I'm pretty sure that line is implying that carbonated water is OK'ed.

Comment

Thanks Aly! I love sparkling water with lemon

Comment

Actually, it's acids added to soda that causes problems, not the carbonation. The only thing I've ever heard about carbonation is that it can disrupt digestion. For that reason some suggest not drinking carbonated drinks with meals but to wait an hour before or after eating.

Comment

I like my sparkling water mixed with my red wine....dilutes it....love the taste...but I am new And modifying my whole life to make positive changes toward...better..and this is better than my norm. Just sayin'
                        Cheeky Fit and Fifty

Comment

Wondering how water is acidic. Water is neutral. Is it the bubbles that cause this neutral water to become acidic?

Comment

Mineral water, distilled water and tea I'd guess is about 99% of what I drink. I love the lime flavored mineral water.
                            CA_Product_Group_&#.jpg

EDIT: Make that 95%, I forgot about the Starbucks I go to 2-3 times a month.
                            Last edited by Grok; 06-05-2011, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grok View Post
                              Mineral water, distilled water and tea I'd guess is about 99% of what I drink. I love the lime flavored mineral water.

EDIT: Make that 95%, I forgot about the Starbucks I go to 2-3 times a month.
                              Distilled water? Not great - washes out the minerals from the body (as itself does not have any)
                              http://thorfalk.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X