Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What am I doing wrong with my food choices?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What am I doing wrong with my food choices?

    I did whole30 back in march/april, then fell so far off the wagon it took till now to catch back up. I am now on day 3 of 'starting over' and I feel like crap. Every few hours I am getting that starving, need to eat right now, feeling. I don't know if this is part of detox or if I am not eating enough or what. Here is what I ate yesterday and today, in hopes someone can tell me what to fix to make this go away. (If possible)

    Yesterday-
    3 slices of thick cut bacon
    2 large brown eggs fried in bacon drippings

    BAS (spring mix & spinach blend, leftover pepper sausage, mushroom, cucumber, tomato, home made vinagrette)

    Chicken 'stir fry' (boneless skinless chicken, a bag of 'stir fry veggie mix' consisting of broccoli, carrot, pea pods and broccoli slaw, all sauteed in avocado oil and coconut aminos)

    strawberries & cherries
    1 'all natural' antiodixant fruit popsicle (after a hot walk)
    a small handful of 60% cocoa chips

    Today (so far, not dinner yet)-
    4 mini egg muffins (equavalent of 2 eggs) topped with shredded full fat cheese
    3 slices of thick cut bacon

    leftover pork chop (bone-in chop fried in butter then baked in a gravy of sour cream butter and mushrooms)
    Small salad (spring mix & spinach topped with home made dressing)

    strawberries and raw cashews
    small handful of 60% cocoa chips (15 chips)

    Have not had dinner yet.


    So, can someone please help shed some light for me? I am trying to lose weight (60+ pounds) and CW has burned into my brain that I have to eat less to lose weight. I know that is wrong. But I don't know why I feel like this (weak, shaking, lethargic, stomach rumbling) and when I do, I have no idea what to eat!
    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

  • #2
    Could be carb flu (my wild guess); I'd double check the bacon (I don't know where you get them, and what brand(s) ). All natural fruit popsicle? I'd check the ingredients on that. I'd say, try kicking the fruit habit a little, IMHO. I take it you had the muffins with the bread slices?
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

    Comment


    • #3
      Cut the fruit (sugar!) and nuts and maybe add more fat and protein to your meals, like an extra egg at breakfast and some avocado in your salad at lunch.

      I would also think the chocolate is a bad idea, but in saying that I might taking the wind out of your sails completely.
      5'1" - 35/29.5/40.5

      Start (5/9/11): 133 lbs
      5/25/11: 127.2 lbs

      Goal: 120ish

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by lssanjose View Post
        Could be carb flu (my wild guess); I'd double check the bacon (I don't know where you get them, and what brand(s) ). All natural fruit popsicle? I'd check the ingredients on that. I'd say, try kicking the fruit habit a little, IMHO. I take it you had the muffins with the bread slices?
        No, they were 5 eggs beaten and put into a mini muffin pan (made 12 mini muffins), topped with a little shredded cheese and baked. Just egg and cheese, no bread. And yea, a bit of extra crap in the popsicle, but would having that yesterday be making me feel like crap today?
        "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by redberry View Post
          Cut the fruit (sugar!) and nuts and maybe add more fat and protein to your meals, like an extra egg at breakfast and some avocado in your salad at lunch.

          I would also think the chocolate is a bad idea, but in saying that I might taking the wind out of your sails completely.
          Thanks for the ideas. I went into this swearing no fruit at all this time, but my meals are not keeping me full till the next. Even my BAS, I was FULL, STUFFED for hours after but about 4 hours later, I was ravenous. Tomorrow I will add some avocado to my salad. I bought one and forgot to put it in yesterday *doh*
          "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

          Comment


          • #6
            I can't say for certain, but it also looks like your salt intake may be sky-high. Modern foods often have astronomical amounts of salt added, so you may need to watch for that. I know that high salt meals definitely have a negative impact on me.

            Your body has to keep itself in balance, and that influx of sodium ions makes it hard to do.
            Life is short: Void the warranty.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JanuaryEmber View Post
              I was FULL, STUFFED for hours after but about 4 hours later, I was ravenous.
              It's not the same for everyone, but when this happens to me it's because I ate a meal with too high of a ratio of protein to fat. I used to work at a restaurant and they'd serve us baked skinless chicken breast, veggies, and a grain. No matter how much of the chicken/veggies ate I was always hungry 1-2hrs later. When they served steak tips, not a problem. Add a bit more dressing/fat to your salad and see.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gunnk View Post
                I can't say for certain, but it also looks like your salt intake may be sky-high. Modern foods often have astronomical amounts of salt added, so you may need to watch for that. I know that high salt meals definitely have a negative impact on me.

                Your body has to keep itself in balance, and that influx of sodium ions makes it hard to do.
                I'm beginning to see that (sodium) in prepacked sausages (no matter how "naturally derived they are). Rather high.
                If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gunnk View Post
                  I can't say for certain, but it also looks like your salt intake may be sky-high. Modern foods often have astronomical amounts of salt added, so you may need to watch for that. I know that high salt meals definitely have a negative impact on me.

                  Your body has to keep itself in balance, and that influx of sodium ions makes it hard to do.
                  Hmm I had not considered that. I am sure the bacon has a lot of salt, and I do get some headaches after eating it. I suppose I should cut all the dairy out too on that note.
                  "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SlimIcy View Post
                    It's not the same for everyone, but when this happens to me it's because I ate a meal with too high of a ratio of protein to fat. I used to work at a restaurant and they'd serve us baked skinless chicken breast, veggies, and a grain. No matter how much of the chicken/veggies ate I was always hungry 1-2hrs later. When they served steak tips, not a problem. Add a bit more dressing/fat to your salad and see.
                    Oy, I put 3 TBSP on the salad (it is mainly 50/50 olive oil and red wine vinegar plus seasonings). Was that not enough? I don't know if I could possibly put more on there! As I was eating it as was thinking maybe next time cut back to 2 TBSP because it was drenched. Maybe a better protein source, because the single pepper sausage was a chicken sausage so was probably pretty lean and I only used one.
                    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JanuaryEmber View Post
                      Hmm I had not considered that. I am sure the bacon has a lot of salt, and I do get some headaches after eating it. I suppose I should cut all the dairy out too on that note.
                      One thing I'm noticing in a lot of sausages, if you're not careful: Monosodium Glutemate. Then, in some case, I saw instances of corn syrup, or high fructose corn syrup...
                      If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My salad dressing last night was about 1/3 cup of bacon fat with 1/4 cup of blood orange vinegar and spices. I drenched everything, and drank the leftovers off the plate. You'll have to find what works for you though... my girlfriend doesn't eat as high fat as I do, and does fine.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SlimIcy View Post
                          My salad dressing last night was about 1/3 cup of bacon fat with 1/4 cup of blood orange vinegar and spices. I drenched everything, and drank the leftovers off the plate. You'll have to find what works for you though... my girlfriend doesn't eat as high fat as I do, and does fine.
                          I may just have to find a different dressing. This was a first try in making my own with a recipe I found and it was quite strong for my tastes.
                          "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Maybe you could find something here to suit you: Dressings and Vinaigrette Recipes - Allrecipes.com
                            5'1" - 35/29.5/40.5

                            Start (5/9/11): 133 lbs
                            5/25/11: 127.2 lbs

                            Goal: 120ish

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JanuaryEmber View Post
                              Hmm I had not considered that. I am sure the bacon has a lot of salt, and I do get some headaches after eating it. I suppose I should cut all the dairy out too on that note.
                              I think if any food gives you a headache, that's a good sign you shouldn't eat it.

                              As to the rest of your diet, I can only echo the previous people who commented on the level of sugar.

                              Are you taking any supplements?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X