No announcement yet.

Bulking Muscle with Cream?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it takes longer to prepare and it's just a lot of eggs to eat. would you eat a dozen pretty easily if you did it every day for weeks?

milk, it is easier to get down, requires no preparation, and like the guy in this thread, a few posts above, said, "milk makes animals grow".

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't want to eat 12 eggs a day for weeks on end, but I wouldn't want to drink a gallon of milk a day either. Hey, if it works for you, more power to you.

I think a more moderate approach is wiser, but if you just HAVE to gain weight fast, I have no doubt that GOMAD works. It just seems that too much of that gain is fat. I think that's true no matter where the excess calories are coming from. In my limited experience, trying to force gains by eating way over caloric needs just makes me gain too much fat and feel terrible. Slow and steady wins the race.
      Last edited by yodiewan; 06-03-2011, 06:42 AM.

Comment

What if one were to do a slower version of gomad? like half a gallon instead of a whole gallon, would it be the same end result just taking twice the time?

I want chocolate milk... but read that wasn't too good especially considering the sugar, but maybe some cocoa powder would make the experiment that much yummier.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I remember something in the New Power Program by Michael Colgan detailing the post fiber point in a set. If you go anywhere beyond six reps (because the muscle fibers are no longer active) when going heavy, all you'll be doing is building up lactic acid in your muscles. You might want to also play with that; in conjunction with, dietary means.
          If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Eggs dont take long to prepare... just eat them RAW! Bang!!! Chugg them down like a protein shake!

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
              What if one were to do a slower version of gomad? like half a gallon instead of a whole gallon, would it be the same end result just taking twice the time?

I want chocolate milk... but read that wasn't too good especially considering the sugar, but maybe some cocoa powder would make the experiment that much yummier.
              So, you're suggesting HOGMAD Half Of a Gallon of Milk A Day? Sounds like a biker thing now.
              http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Originally posted by ozbuckley View Post
                Eggs dont take long to prepare... just eat them RAW! Bang!!! Chugg them down like a protein shake!
                You dont get all the protein from eggs by doing that. And you could get sick.. So, heating them up is a real have-to.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                  So, you're suggesting HOGMAD Half Of a Gallon of Milk A Day? Sounds like a biker thing now.
                  Yeah I typed out HOGDMAD then deleted it for that very reason
                  I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I agree, Hvrafnur. The avidin in the whites will bind with biotin if the whites aren't throughly cooked. Still, scrambling eggs takes all of 2 minutes and is one of the easiest things to cook. You can even do them in the microwave if a pan is too much hassle.

Comment

i'm sacrificing primal and doing gomad, not worried about the fat because it will be easy to take care of once my base strength is developed.

eggs, they take long to prepare. scrambling eggs does not take all of two minutes. we must count clean up, too.

i tried eating 18 a day for 2 weeks and now realize i should have done gomad all along; i probably didn't maximize my gains.

it was a headache. i tried boiled, fried; all ways. took forever and was hard to eat after a while.

milk is so easy!

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
                        i'm sacrificing primal and doing gomad, not worried about the fat because it will be easy to take care of once my base strength is developed.
                        I know I am going to get fried on here for saying this, but man you do not want to bulk with a mixture of high carbs, and high fats! Eating carbs does not make you fat! gahh i said it! simply the fact of eating a surplus of calories will lead to weight gain, and how much you over eat will help determine how much fat you gain.

it is actually really hard to store carbs as fat via de nova lipogenesis but eating carbs and high fat will allow an easier time for those fats to be stored as fat.

bulk on a high carb, high protein, moderate fat diet! You do not want to cut more fat than you have to later on down the road!

And you can bulk on paleo high carb diet!

Comment

Originally posted by GrockinOut View Post
                          I know I am going to get fried on here for saying this, but man you do not want to bulk with a mixture of high carbs, and high fats! Eating carbs does not make you fat! gahh i said it! simply the fact of eating a surplus of calories will lead to weight gain, and how much you over eat will help determine how much fat you gain.
                          I agree with this, and supposedly going high fat/high carb will in many cases mean too many calories or too low protein intake. Personally I wouldn't be able to eat high carb / moderate fat for very long (dry and dull meat, too few good sources of starch), and I believe you can do very well with 100-150g carbs on an otherwise high fat/protein diet without really inducing any particular fat gain (especially if timed around workouts).

Comment

Go easy on the eggs - particularly the yolk. Remember this products is designed for sustaining the life of a chicken...

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisflyer View Post
                              Go easy on the eggs - particularly the yolk. Remember this products is designed for sustaining the life of a chicken...
                              May I ask for you reasoning as to why one should limit eggs? "this products is designed for sustaining the life of a chicken" the same could be said for any other 'product' if you just replace 'chicken'

Comment

I agree with a lot of the others, eat more beef with pints of coconut milk if you want to bulk. Quick gains with milk will probably go away when you switch back anyway.
                                My Paleo Project:

www.nutritionator.com

Comment

Working...
                                X