No announcement yet.

Primal in the military?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got back from a two week annual training. It was absolutely horrible as far as the chow hall went. Pasta every night and pancakes and cereal every morning mixed in with low fat yogurt that was of course loaded with sugar. During the day we ate MREs.

I basically traded MRE's to get rid of the high carb items. I stocked up on protein powder, beef jerky, and nuts.

For the chow hall, I just simply tried to avoid the carbs, even if it meant four trips to the salad bar.

Comment

Comment

I just got back from 2 weeks at Ft Devens, MA. The chow hall was HORRIBLE. I still managed to stay primal though. I stocked up on canned sardines and jerkey. Bought a bottle of coconut oil. I also made some of Mark's primal energy bars in advance to take with me.

I had eggs and bacon for breakfast. Lunch, without fail, everyday was a salad with lots of olive oil crumbled bacon and tuna salad.

Every lunch and dinner they served, except two, was pasta or breaded meat with corn as the vegetable. Thankfully, I could go out for dinner, or have another of my lunch salads.

In a pinch, I could have unbreaded the meat if need be.

My Journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread74692.html

Comment

@Althaur, I was at Camp Edwards on the cape. What unit/branch, are you with? You can email me if you have any opsec concerns. EGA2081@aol.com

Comment

Working...
          X