Sigh, and I was doing so well!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh, and I was doing so well!

So I've been doing Primal/Paleo for about a month now. I've been so happy. My depression and anxiety have greatly diminished, which is a godsend. I have gone from 113.6 lbs to 109.6 (I'm short.) I've been LOVING the delicious foods I've been eating. Bacon+eggs+avocado for breakfast= amazing.
    My problem is that tonight I binged on... Peanut Butter & Co Cinnamon swirl peanut butter. I ate probably 6 spoonfuls. It was just so dang good, I couldn't stop. Oh, then I followed it up with some dark chocolate (4 squares). I'm so mad at myself. I know it's not the end of the world and at least it wasn't gluten-laden, but still..... I expect better of myself. I really need to get the PB out of the house. I think it's a trigger. It's pretty much my fav. food ever. Well, on to tomorrow. Thanks for listening.
    Female
    31 yrs old
    5' 1"
    started: 113.5
    current: 109.7
    goal: my only goal right now is to get pregnant... 14 cycles and counting.
    exercise: Body by Science - loving it.

You.

Need.

Almond Butter.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

You're still doing well.
      You ate six spoons of pb and some chocolate. Not the end of the world. Plus, you identified a problem and came up with a solution.
      Congratulate yourself on your response to difficulty!
      "Wait! I'll fix it!"
      "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
      "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
        You.

Need.

Almond Butter.
        This.
        -James
        Just a n00b

Comment

Being mad at yourself is not the way to handle this. Everyone does this. I did it recently with coconut butter. No big deal. I used to get really mad at myself and now I treat myself with kindness, just like I would treat someone else I care about. The more you get mad at yourself the more you might drive yourself to eat. You are doing great... don't sweat it.

Comment

Don't feel bad--I'm just over 2 months in and was doing so well, but last night, I ate a whole pack of Orbit gum just to taste something sweet.

Yeah, not the worst thing in the world, but I was a bit mad that I'm still craving sweet things here and there.

Comment

Oh lawd.

Make a thread when you eat an entire extra large pizza in one sitting with donuts for dessert, or have Dairy Queen milkshakes 5 days in a row.
              You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

If you are going to binge, you did it well. Probably not much of a set back. Some would have gone out and eaten an entire pizza.

Consider: I bet you did not set out to eat 6 spoonfuls. Probably just a taste... maybe 1/2 a spoonful. But as soon as it hit your mouth, it was game over.

At least that is how it is for me.

I've learned that no matter what it is: Fruit, Peanut Butter, Bread... Beer... It's not the first taste that gets me... It's the dozen... two dozen that are SURE to follow.

I have the willpower to resist the first taste. But if I let myself have that one taste... I'm off to the races.

So, I make sure that I only allow myself that first taste of that which I am OK with having a belly full of. Right now, I have been limiting myself to one berry a week.... Why of course turns into a dozen berries.

Comment

As others have said...you have identified the trigger and have a solution. Just learn from it and move on. It sounds as if you did have a stopping point. I would declare stopping a VICTORY. As for the almond butter suggestion..that is an even worse trigger for me. I can go to the bottom of the jar all by little self one spoonful at a time! I have been at this for a long time and I have learned that there are just some foods I have to keep out of the house for the most part...nuts and nut butters are the most difficult for me to handle. And second to this would be cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                    Oh lawd.

Make a thread when you eat an entire extra large pizza in one sitting with donuts for dessert, or have Dairy Queen milkshakes 5 days in a row.
                    I actually ate one whole pizza in one sitting, but not the donuts, or milkshakes.
                    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Was it an extra large?
                      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

As others have said...you have identified the trigger and have a solution. Just learn from it and move on. It sounds as if you did have a stopping point. I would declare stopping a VICTORY. As for the almond butter suggestion..that is an even worse trigger for me. I can go to the bottom of the jar all by little self one spoonful at a time! I have been at this for a long time and I have learned that there are just some foods I have to keep out of the house for the most part...nuts and nut butters are the most difficult for me to handle. And second to this would be cheese.
                        If you eat an entire jar of almond butter, rejoice that it wasn't peanut butter and fast the next day.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

This is small indulgence viz a big binge. But you are aware of how easy one can tip into tricky territory.
                          WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Comment

Jesus, the food fear around this place needs to stop. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH A CHEAT / INDULGENCE. SHIT HAPPENS. 240 calories in six tablespoons of Peanut Butter & Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter. 19.5 grams of carbs. So what? How is this even a thread, I eat fully primal meals "worse" than that every day. All this kind of thing does is stress you out (which I guarantee you is worse than the actual cheat itself) AND encourage others to stress themselves out when they eat something similar because they see all these threads made by people freaking out over a bowl of ice cream and think it's cause for alarm.

I shit you not, I'm literally proud of myself if I can cut off a binge at 2000 calories. If this is your idea of a binge, then you are in a very good place. Just get over it.

Comment

OP, I hope you enjoyed it. I stepped off plan today on food that was highly mediocre and not worth it. I'll get back on plan with you.

Joanne
                              In the midst of a mid-life-chrysalis

My Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X