What do you use for toothpaste?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you use for toothpaste?

I have been using equal parts coconut oil and baking soda with a hint of mint for a while but wish to try something without coconut oil. At room temp its great but when it gets too hot it melts and when its too cold its too hard!

Its frustrating to use this toothpaste in Michigan... If you have a constant temp in your home then its PERFECT!

What do you use?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Aquafresh Toothpaste...
    My Primal Journal

Comment

I just scrape my teeth with a rock
      I also gargle with rocks

Comment

I just wet my toothbrush and dip it in baking soda.
        -James
        Just a n00b

Comment

And this is why folks they we're crazy…

I don't eat enough toothpaste myself to worry about its paleo-ness.

Comment

I use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide mixed together as a paste. Kills germs, and your teeth feel like you have just been to the dentist; they are squeaky clean.

Comment

Peppermint Hemp pure castile soap.. and a little baking soda

Not because it's paleo - but because I've read that the glycerin in toothpaste sticks to your chompers and prevents enamel from forming.

Comment

Tom's of Maine (without fluoride), it's not as minty as I'd like, but after a while you get used to it.
                ~ Chris

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.

When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didnít understand the assignment.

I told them they didnít understand life.
                ó John Lennon

sigpic

Comment

Flouride used in toothpaste is medical grade (as opposed to industrial refined flouride in water treatment), there is no reason to avoid it. I use Arm & Hammer toothpaste or Aquafresh

Comment

Sensodyne/Pronamel
                    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

I use whatever brand I got free with coupons.

I tried the coconut oil & baking soda the other night and didn't like it, mouth full o' salty coconut, bleh!

Comment

Most natural toothpaste I have ever tried.

Miessence | Miessence Bodycare | Miessence Mint Toothpaste
                        Jaime, wife to Phaedrus and primal mama to A (4) and X (1).

Comment

Strangely enough, I tend to use toothpaste for toothpaste. Colgate Advanced White if we're going to be specific here. =]
                          Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

baking soda, xylitol, and sometimes i open a few capsules of calcium into the mixture. it has made a big difference with my sensitive teeth (i've been doing this for much longer than i've been primal)! for those of you who don't like the taste, suck it up! my kids eat this stuff. if a 4 and 7 yo can handle it, i'm sure you can too!

btw, that miessence looks great! i've never seen a commercial toothpaste that doesn't contain glycerin.
                            Last edited by Saoirse; 05-30-2011, 10:28 AM.
                            my primal journal:
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

I mix coconut oil, olive oil, dr. bronner's soap, baking soda and essential oils for flavor (peppermint and orange). It works great. I thought of adding minerals too, but didn't have them already and felt cheap so, I didn't. It would be a good idea though.

ETA: Wow, that miessence really does look like good stuff. I would actually buy that, which is a first.
                              PaleoMom's Diet Recovery Journal
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82059.html

Comment

Working...
                              X