Pork rinds.....Primal snack?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork rinds.....Primal snack?

Just like the title says, are pork rinds a good primal snack? Thanks!

If you make it yourself yes. If you buy it from a convenience store probably not since the quality of the oils used aren't very primal.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

I buy mine at a Mexican store. It's not processed, they sell it in big chunks. Was just wondering if it was ok to eat that one. And thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by ELDuran View Post
        I buy mine at a Mexican store. It's not processed, they sell it in big chunks. Was just wondering if it was ok to eat that one. And thanks for the quick response.
        Can you please post the ingredients?

Comment

They sold it to me in a plastic bag, no ingridients available. I will have to ask them next time I go. Once I have that info, I will post here.

Comment

The ones you get at the store just give pork rinds as the only ingredient and claim no carbs. Yeah, but aren't they fried in who-knows-what?

Comment

I thought most pork rinds were just fried in the lard that naturally comes with the skin when they chop it off. I eat them as long as they don't have any added ingredients (except salt). I actually just had some a few minutes ago, with salsa. Yum.
              "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

I think they are a good snack....but not an everyday type snack. There is a lot of salt in them, so I try to keep that in moderation.

Comment

Especially good with a pat of butter.
                  Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

I saw on a "How they do it" program that Pork Rinds are not skin - it's the layer of fat on the outside of the pork belly "bacon" layer - they seperate the bacon layer from the thick fat layer and deep fry it into rinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Balance View Post
                      If you make it yourself yes. If you buy it from a convenience store probably not since the quality of the oils used aren't very primal.
                      Balance, you gotta get some of Ryan Farr's chicharones

Chicharrones are the new snack in a pack, blending classic flavors into one irresistible treat.

Drawn from the best local sources, Chicharrones contain natural pork, sea salt, cane sugar, and the finest chiles. The exquisite balance of flavors is just one of the reasons Chicharrones are the official snack food of the Cochon 555 national competition tour.

Find Chicharrones throughout the Bay Area or enjoy them with lunch.

“Ryan, you are an evil genius! The Chicharrones are pig candy, pure and simple. Sweet and salty, melt-in-your-mouth candy. I've never had such a tasty, magical meat snack.”

Sasha Wizansky, Meatpaper

“Crunchy crack-in-a-bag”

Marcia Gagliardi, Tablehopper

“Basically I want to set up a hammock with a giant bowl of Chicharrones and maybe some Mexican lager in a bucket of ice and not have to move for a few hours.”

John Donaghue, #1 Fan!

The addicting crunchy, heavenly cloud texture comes from our unique cooking techniques using healthy rice bran oil.

Created in San Francisco by acclaimed local chef Ryan Farr.

and his hot dogs....Lets just say HOLY SHIT Awesome!!!

You are fortunate enough to live near by!
                      Go Eat it!
                      4505 Meats &mdash; Home Of Ryan Farr, 4505 Uncured Hot Dogs, And The Best Chicharrones In San Francisco
                      My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
                      www.greenlightjerky.com

Comment

A favorite road snack of mine is Trader Joe's spicey egg white salad, and a package of Spicey BAKEN-ETS found at every convenient store everywhere.
                        Bacon and eggs to go! (it's my road crack)

Comment

Working...
                        X