Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the 'best' alcohol to drink if wine is out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the 'best' alcohol to drink if wine is out?

Kind of a dodgy question considering alcohol isn't really primal anyway! But as a 20 year old student, whose entire social life has always revolved around alcohol and going out clubbing, I've taken the decision not to ditch the drinking quite yet! If I'm doing everything else right then I must be doing better than most other fast food and takeaway munching students right?

So my question is, when I get drunk this weekend what should I be drinking apart from wine?

Thanks!

What's wrong with wine?

Comment

vodka or gin with soda water + citrus - just avoid beer and sweet drinks in general.
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Originally posted by breadsauce View Post
        What's wrong with wine?
        Don't really get wine in night clubs unfortunately, or if you do you'd pay a bomb!

Comment

Yeah drinking wine at clubs or busy bars doesn't jive with me either. Especially red wine, that's like a sleeping pill for me. I can't put lil jon on the jukebox and sip on Merlot...

I LOVE gin and tonics, but tonic is so sweet that I have to either cut it with soda and get a regular mixed drink, or I get it on the rocks with a splash of soda. I always squeeze plenty of lime either way.

Sometimes I'll go vodka, soda and lemon, both are pretty tasty and relatively safe primal options.
          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

order (flavored) vodka + (sparkling/mineral) water + lime/lemon. repeat until drunk.
            Norak's Primal Journal:
            2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
            2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
            2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

Comment

Vodka. Rocks. Has to be decent vodka though. Same for tequila, whisky.
              My primal journal
              You might find these handy: Free gluten free restaurant cards in 50+ languages
              In Praise of the Primal Lifestyle

Comment

To be faithful and true to Primal Blueprint you won't drink any alcohol at all. So to adhere to the plan and be 'one' with your drinking buddies at the club order a club soda or, even better, seltzer with a twist of lime. Looks to all like some sort of vodka or gin so people will leave you alone.

I'm not sure how 'correct' the club soda is, but at least it isn't alcohol.

I am not a perfect disciple. I have an end of day drink most days. Brandy, bourbon, Irish whiskey, scotch, rum---one of them. About two fingers, sometimes neat, sometimes on an ice cube.
                Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Norcal margarita.
                  From Rob Wolf's site: 3oz 100% agave tequila (I use 1800 silver) shaken with ice and juice from one lime. Fill with soda water.

In a bar I've ordered tequila and soda and it comes pretty close.

Vodka and soda is good, too.

Comment

Originally posted by CE402 View Post
                    Norcal margarita.
                    From Rob Wolf's site: 3oz 100% agave tequila (I use 1800 silver) shaken with ice and juice from one lime. Fill with soda water.

In a bar I've ordered tequila and soda and it comes pretty close.

Vodka and soda is good, too.
                    Vodka and soda all the way! My usual is flavored Stoli, soda, lime, tall. YUM!

Comment

Mark breaks it down pretty nicely here:
                      Definitive Guide to Alcohol on a Low Carb Diet | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

I seem to be quite sensitive to wheat. In fact, it appears that grain-based (as opposed to potato-based) vodkas have a negative impact on me. I would have thought that the distilling process would be enough to remove any trace of the wheat origins, but apparently not. Cheaper vodkas are going to be grain-based. Your mileage may vary...
                        Life is short: Void the warranty.

Comment

My two drinks are Scotch on the rocks and martinis (gin martini not a fu fu appletini or something like that)
                          http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Don't know if you can find this in a club, maybe a nicer one.

Shot of (please get top shelf, Anejo preferred) tequila
                            large splash fresh lime juice (or lemon)
                            fill glass with club soda
                            top off with about a tablespoon of CHOPPED GINGER (even better is to put a nob through the garlic press!)

Srsly. Then tip the bartender. Alot! And if he's cute, take him home. Or if she's cute for that matter. What are you doing in a bar anyway????!!
                            Amy--

And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Comment

Oh- vodka & cucumber!

Vodka + quartered slices of cucumber shaken hard with ice and strained on the rocks. Maybe add some mint as well.

Good luck getting it in a club though...

Comment

Working...
                              X