Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling Jasondecambra!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Calling Jasondecambra!!!

    Jasondecambra - I see you are posting a lot lately. I was following your progress closely a while back and saw your pictures. Would you mind telling us how you did it? I mean all the nitty gritty trials and tribulations you went through from beginning of PB to single-digit body fat. How long did it take, how hard were the love handles to lose, did you IF, how much exercise--all that! I would love to hear all about it.
    Thanks

  • #2
    I would gather he's added at least one more asian chick to his harem...

    Comment


    • #3
      Maybe another tatoo, too

      Comment


      • #4
        funny that you ask, mark asked me the same thing. let me dig up the email i sent him and just copy and paste. yes im posting alot latley because over the last year i was a secret troller of the forum. i used it for motivation, strength, inspiration and when i made mistakes like trying to go off primal with grains i used it for a slump buster so i am at my goal weight, i went to the asian heritage festival in san francsico last weekend and walked around a fine san francisco day with my shirt off so i love to share my thoughts, ideas and advice to fellow forum readers. everything i say or did might not work for everyone so i hope i never come off like i have the answers just want to give the advice. let me dig up that email

        i went primal in feb 2010
        200lbs
        37% body fat
        38-40 waist

        1 year to the day
        140lbs
        7.8% body fat
        29 waist

        currently
        137lbs
        7% body fat
        29 waist

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wildwabbit View Post
          I would gather he's added at least one more asian chick to his harem...
          I was gonna say that he used them as the motivators. And you are probably right.
          People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jaysondecambra View Post
            funny that you ask, mark asked me the same thing. let me dig up the email i sent him and just copy and paste. yes im posting alot latley because over the last year i was a secret troller of the forum. i used it for motivation, strength, inspiration and when i made mistakes like trying to go off primal with grains i used it for a slump buster so i am at my goal weight, i went to the asian heritage festival in san francsico last weekend and walked around a fine san francisco day with my shirt off so i love to share my thoughts, ideas and advice to fellow forum readers. everything i say or did might not work for everyone so i hope i never come off like i have the answers just want to give the advice. let me dig up that email
            Dang it was still cold and windy in SF last week where I was at. Must have been a bit nipply
            "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

            People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by otzi View Post
              Jasondecambra - I see you are posting a lot lately. I was following your progress closely a while back and saw your pictures. Would you mind telling us how you did it? I mean all the nitty gritty trials and tribulations you went through from beginning of PB to single-digit body fat. How long did it take, how hard were the love handles to lose, did you IF, how much exercise--all that! I would love to hear all about it.
              Thanks
              MY DIET;
              2 years ago (Feb. 2009) I had a physical visit with my doctor at Kaiser. she was worried about my weight. she ran some tests and everything came back bad. high blood pressure, high cholesterol and I was pre-diabetic. I left her office with a terrible attitude. after doing some research online about calories and how to lose weight I tried several fad diets that sucked and made my attitude even worse. I did that for about a year and was back at 200lbs. in Feb. 2010 I found the primal website. I read the forum, I got the book and a light went off. I wanted it, and I wanted it bad! my attitude changed and I went for it. I asked advise and received it and used it.

              I’m going to be very blunt about what worked for me, bottom line is it came down to the blueprint. fats, carbs and protein. I learned quickly that different bodies prefer different types of fuel and mine likes healthy fat over carbs all day. the day I lowered my carbs and raised my healthy fat I started to lose more weight. I only started eating lean protein and natural food and even going to the point of only drinking filtered water. if I was at a restaurant that didn’t have filtered water I would cross the street and buy my own, I was bound by honor! did that for months until I hit 8.9% body fat. this was in December of 2010. at that point I asked myself, what now? how do I get to the next level so I changed a few things in my diet and started ketosis on and off and in 2 months I dropped down to a low of 138lbs and 7.8% body fat and I’m there, I’m stuck, I’m a new person, I’m a new man and all I do is tell people how amazing I feel. my skin is clear, my eyes are white, I don’t get headaches, I don’t get sick, I have energy all day long, I’m never tired, I sleep like a baby...I can’t tell you enough how the blueprint changed my life.

              I feel like an alien compared to all the people out there that abuse the human body with garbage food. I am not going to lie, over the course of the year I tried the vegetarian and even vegan thing and it just didn’t work. I always came back to the blueprint. Even recently I tried to add grains into my diet and I gained two pounds.

              My work-out
              Low level stuff keeping busy so this is really where I made a huge change and was very surprised at the outcome. VERY SURPRISED! Rather than do the traditional workout where I was slamming protein drinks and working hard trying to be the macho man at the gym lifting heavy weights in the wrong posture completing 3 sets of 8-10 reps I took it slow like the blueprint advises. I have to admit I was scared thinking no way this will work but sure enough! I started to do low weights, single sets of 10 reps and I work the entire body (except core) 3 days per week. So on mon/wed/fri I work chest/arms/shoulders/back/legs and calves and then do 40 min cardio low level low pace. On tues/thurs I work my core for 30 minutes and then same cardio. On Saturday I go to san Francisco and get some sun and play. I play at a different park every Saturday to switch it up.

              otzi - i noticed i missed a question. the love handles were hard, the six pack was hard but it did come off when i started IF regularly. sometimes the pictures even blow me away!
              Last edited by jaysond; 05-25-2011, 08:23 AM.

              i went primal in feb 2010
              200lbs
              37% body fat
              38-40 waist

              1 year to the day
              140lbs
              7.8% body fat
              29 waist

              currently
              137lbs
              7% body fat
              29 waist

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Balance View Post
                Dang it was still cold and windy in SF last week where I was at. Must have been a bit nipply
                i dont know about last week. it was fine at the festival on saturday! it was in little siagon and the weather was great!

                i went primal in feb 2010
                200lbs
                37% body fat
                38-40 waist

                1 year to the day
                140lbs
                7.8% body fat
                29 waist

                currently
                137lbs
                7% body fat
                29 waist

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by otzi View Post
                  Maybe another tatoo, too
                  honestly i was thinking about getting the primal guy, the one that is in the avatars. really? can i get a dare you???? LOL i should ask mark first, is it his logo?

                  i went primal in feb 2010
                  200lbs
                  37% body fat
                  38-40 waist

                  1 year to the day
                  140lbs
                  7.8% body fat
                  29 waist

                  currently
                  137lbs
                  7% body fat
                  29 waist

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That would be a cool tatoo--but I'm sure you're too chicken to do it!

                    Hey, quick question about your diet...you said you eat only healthy fats and lean protein. Did you stay away from fattier cuts of meat mostly and use olive oil or something for fat? I hate to sound like a dweeb, but do you know about what percentage your carbs/prot/fat were when you were losing actively?

                    I feel like I am almost there--just have hit a hard roadblock in the last 10lbs. I think I'm exercising right and eating right, but every now and then I think I could do a little more to get down under 15% body fat.

                    I'm 44 and had the same issues as you, been going at PB hard for 5 months and made huge gains, just want to see it through and know it takes time. There is so much information out there about how to do it, but getting advice from somebody who is there as opposed to somebody who is still trying makes a world of difference.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by otzi View Post
                      That would be a cool tatoo--but I'm sure you're too chicken to do it!

                      Hey, quick question about your diet...you said you eat only healthy fats and lean protein. Did you stay away from fattier cuts of meat mostly and use olive oil or something for fat? I hate to sound like a dweeb, but do you know about what percentage your carbs/prot/fat were when you were losing actively?

                      I feel like I am almost there--just have hit a hard roadblock in the last 10lbs. I think I'm exercising right and eating right, but every now and then I think I could do a little more to get down under 15% body fat.

                      I'm 44 and had the same issues as you, been going at PB hard for 5 months and made huge gains, just want to see it through and know it takes time. There is so much information out there about how to do it, but getting advice from somebody who is there as opposed to somebody who is still trying makes a world of difference.
                      its all good man, ask away. i do stay away from the fatty meats. i know its primal but all i did was replace it with healthy fats. yes olive oil, olives, avocados, almonds, almond butter, fish oil, coconut butter and coconut oil. my digestive systems does a lot better with mono and poly unsaturated fats. my ratio is give or take 30% fat, 10% carbs and 60% protein. hence the protein and fat are higher than the carbs! always!

                      when i was at 11% bodyfat and wanted to get lower i shocked my body by doing ketosis the first two weeks of the month and then staying around 75 grams per day the last two weeks. i did that for 3 months and i hit 8.9%.

                      i went primal in feb 2010
                      200lbs
                      37% body fat
                      38-40 waist

                      1 year to the day
                      140lbs
                      7.8% body fat
                      29 waist

                      currently
                      137lbs
                      7% body fat
                      29 waist

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jaysondecambra View Post
                        i know its primal but all i did was replace it with healthy fats. yes olive oil, olives, avocados, almonds, almond butter, fish oil, coconut butter and coconut oil. my digestive systems does a lot better with mono and poly unsaturated fats.
                        .
                        interesting..... i am scared to admit i think my body is the same way(due to PUFA bashing around here)
                        Get on my Level
                        http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MalPaz View Post
                          interesting..... i am scared to admit i think my body is the same way(due to PUFA bashing around here)
                          i am so glad you brought that up. i never knew why PUFA's would get bashed but i dont want to rant about it. most of my fat is MUFA! i asked myself would i not be primal just because my system cant handle straight saturated fat. yes ive tried, yes ive experimented and the last time i tried butter or heavy cream i was sick. digestive sick it was horrible so does that make me non-primal. hell no! i use the blueprint, i just make sure its all MUFA

                          i went primal in feb 2010
                          200lbs
                          37% body fat
                          38-40 waist

                          1 year to the day
                          140lbs
                          7.8% body fat
                          29 waist

                          currently
                          137lbs
                          7% body fat
                          29 waist

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jaysondecambra View Post
                            i am so glad you brought that up. i never knew why PUFA's would get bashed but i dont want to rant about it. most of my fat is MUFA! i asked myself would i not be primal just because my system cant handle straight saturated fat. yes ive tried, yes ive experimented and the last time i tried butter or heavy cream i was sick. digestive sick it was horrible so does that make me non-primal. hell no! i use the blueprint, i just make sure its all MUFA
                            true, it is mostly MUFA....maybe thats what i mean haha. i love me some mufa
                            Get on my Level
                            http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MalPaz View Post
                              true, it is mostly MUFA....maybe thats what i mean haha. i love me some mufa
                              did you know that i was reading a book, i cant recall what book but defanitly a rep·u·ta·ble book LOL from a rep·u·ta·ble author and she said through years and years of research there was no "casual link" between mono unsaturated fat and weight gain! i was like, wow. its true for me at least! i have to fight the MUFA away from me. avocado and fresh ground cayenne pepper mixed with fresh lime juices....oh i have to beg someone to eat it before i eat it all when i make it LOL

                              i went primal in feb 2010
                              200lbs
                              37% body fat
                              38-40 waist

                              1 year to the day
                              140lbs
                              7.8% body fat
                              29 waist

                              currently
                              137lbs
                              7% body fat
                              29 waist

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X