Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Baja Fresh" oils report

I got this from Baja Fresh in response to my emailed query:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact Baja Fresh. We cook with canola oil and corn oil, neither of which is partially hydrogenated. Some of our menu items also contain soybean and cottonseed oil, neither of which is partially hydrogenated. Each oil used contains less than 0.5 grams trans fats per serving; however when combined together, or when combined with naturally occurring trans fats found in some proteins (i.e. cheese and steak), the total per menu item ends up containing over 0.5 grams trans fats, which we then report on our nutritional table."

Thats a shame. I used to love eating there.

Comment

I think that's pretty much on par with most restaurants out there. As long as CW is touting oils like canola, we'll see very few restaurants switching to something healthier.

Comment

Yep. Even chipotle uses soybean oil to cook everything, even their humanely-raised meats.

Comment

The carnitas at Chipotle are not cooked in soybean oil according to my local restaurant. All other meats are, however.

Comment

Spascarella, that is in line with what I heard from chipotle (via email) when I looked into it due to my son's food intolerances. The carnitas are pretty tasty though...
            My Before/After Pics
            Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Working...
            X