Does anyone here eat raw coconut?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here eat raw coconut?

I cracked one tonight, and I like the taste. I dont see much in the way of people just cracking them and eating them though...

they do it all the time in india, southeast asia, the caribbean, and other places where coconuts grow naturally...

i looooooove raw coconut. on the occasions when my mother brings home a (brown/mature) coconut and cracks it, i am drawn to the fridge for more, and then some more, and then some more again....

Comment

Originally posted by spakesneaker View Post
      they do it all the time in india, southeast asia, the caribbean, and other places where coconuts grow naturally...

i looooooove raw coconut. on the occasions when my mother brings home a (brown/mature) coconut and cracks it, i am drawn to the fridge for more, and then some more, and then some more again....
      Does it need to be cool right away after opening? Yeah, the taste is enjoyable and I like the texture of the meat. Im thinking about making this a staple in my diet haha

Comment

Originally posted by straxville View Post
        Does it need to be cool right away after opening? Yeah, the taste is enjoyable and I like the texture of the meat. Im thinking about making this a staple in my diet haha
        it doesn't have to be, but i like it better when it's been refrigerated.

Comment

I like raw coconut, it's great. But too much gives me a serious stomach ache

Comment

I like the baby/mini coconuts we get here seasonally.
            I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

I buy one on occasion, crack it open , east some, store the rest in the fridge for later enjoyment.
              You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Originally posted by straxville View Post
                I cracked one tonight, and I like the taste. I dont see much in the way of people just cracking them and eating them though...
                I do. I drink lime and coconut water every morning. Its a good way to wake up the stomach and digestive system.

I store young coconuts in the frig; and they are inexpensive at Indian/ethic markets from cultures that use them regularly. The price at the Indian market can range from .75c to $1.90; at health food stores, they generally start at $3.

The meat is a great addition to any meal. I use mostly in smoothies, and making sherbet (ice cream without dairy).

Comment

Okay, so how do you open one?

Dremel? Anvil? Zamboni? Steam roller? Shrill voice of someone nagging?
                  Durp.

Comment

Originally posted by RitaRose View Post

Small hatchet!
                    That, or the back of a really big kitchen knife, in the hands of my strong husband
                    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

Ooh, hatchet! I like that!
                      Durp.

Comment

Originally posted by RitaRose View Post

Zamboni ... That really made me laugh out loud. I like your style!

This is what I did with my first coconut.... not that it was the right way or anything.

Ancient Embrace: coconut adventures
                        ~Blog~

Comment

I rarely buy the mature ones after have young coconut off the tree in Hawaii. It's like eating pudding. Closest thing I've found locally is at the Asian market, it's unsweetened coconut sport. The jarred stuff is usually sweetened, the frozen is not.
                          http://kitoikitchen.blogspot.com/

Comment

I do it all the time. Crack one open, store in fridge and have a full week supply. It's also a lot cheaper than buying cans of coconut milk.
                            Free book on Self-change (aswell as Paleo articles) at my website: www.identityisdynamic.com

Comment

A tip for storing coconut after cracking open,place in large bowl of water and keep in fridge,keeps flesh nice and moist.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X