Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are legumes healthier than fruit, nuts and potatoes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow, after all this bean talk...i am glad i have always hated them lol besides cold garbanzos....and all in all even tho i mentioned beans and meat for money saving, i have a feeling a bag of frozen cubed grocery store potatoes will work just as well, even rice....2 things i do know i like

maybe mexicans should lay off the beans, and corn they sure usually have a trend for big ol beer bellies(could be corona...)
    Get on my Level
    http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by KestrelSF View Post
      Toad,

I hit a plateau a while back that I couldn't get through until I ditched smoothies.

Now, for a skinny guy like you, I don't see too much harm, per se. But for folks that are struggling with serious weight issues I'd really suggest steering clear. Just my n=1 observations, but I do recall Robb Wolf railing on about not doing liquid food, unless perhaps in the case of some one who was purposely trying to put on mass, but even then he gives the caveat that it probably isn't good for you.
      If Robb wolf saw all my recipes he would give it the ok. Believe me. In fact, I'm going to ask him to recommend them if he approves
      Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

• No legumes for me. I'm convinced that consuming them is stupid. I'm excited to write my post next week. I'll be quoting some of you including stubby.

Comment

• Toad,
          After reading the "To Bean or Not To Bean" link, I think I've changed my mind about giving them the go as well lol
          -Connoisseur Guy

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
            Is this like cherry-picking the Ten Commandments?

"They all sound good, but can I take a pass on #7 and #9?"

You can eat whatever you want. Eat beans if you like, but why are you wanting/needing others to agree with you?
            I agree - and I eat the occasional bean, in moderation. Mexican food just needs some beans to taste like Mexican, and chili with no beans is too similar to bolognese sauce. More than a handful in a meal though is really bad for my digestion.
            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

• Does anyone still eat green beand and sugar snap peas? These are legumes but I love them and will never stop eating them. More pod then bean. I think some still eat peas too - I do not. And, what about peanuts? I used to love my PB & J but it was easy for me to give it up.

Comment

• I eat fresh green peas and broad beans - got 2 pounds of each in the fridge now. Love them!

Comment

• Originally posted by breadsauce View Post
                  I eat fresh green peas and broad beans - got 2 pounds of each in the fridge now. Love them!
                  I think I may add peas to my diet. I was never a fan but it can't hurt to try them. I wonder why peas are not has harmful as other legumes? Is it a bean? Mark has a few recipes in his new cookbook that include peas.

Comment

• Thanks again for everyones comments! I just started writing my conclusion post on legumes and will post it here when its on my blog. It will be out on Wednesday at 8:00 am EST.

Comment

• I eat green beans. The nutritional value on them seems fine pretty good to me so I see no harm in eating them. I only do peanuts as in peanut butter to make peanut sauce sometimes, 'cause that stuff tastes awesome.

Comment

• idiotically sounding person asking question: are green beans, same as string beans?
                        If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

• As far as I know, yes.

Comment

• Green beans are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                            X